User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    Sure. My mom has traced our ancestry back pretty far. The conclusion is we're complete mutts. Irish, Italian, Polish, Swedish, etc...

And that's cool to me.
    Three cheers for the American mutt! My ancestry is Irish, Scots-Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese, Cherokee, and God knows what else. Anybody else?

My heritage means a great deal to me. I am 99 and 44/100% pure Irish, and I have been to Ireland twice in my relatively short life. To fly in the face of my logical INTJness, I immediately and completely felt at home in Ireland on both of my visits. I instinctively grasped that this is where my family had come from, and I enjoyed my time there so much that I hope to return on a regular basis. If I had never traveled to Ireland, I'm certain that I would be answering this question differently, but I did. So I'm answering it like this.

Enneagram
    1w2

No bells and whistles for my heritage. As far as I know I'm just plain ol' American black. I would like to know where exactly in western Africa my ancestors originated and at some point in my life I plan on spending an extended amount of time in Africa, hopefully sooner than later.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

It's interesting, and vaguely a way I can identify myself, but not really important.

I'm half Chinese, and half Canadian/European/whatever (quarter Irish and the rest some mix of British and Scottish)...

I'm really patriotic though.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

My culture is a connection for me to an aincient tradition and also affects by spirituality deeply.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ

Re the OP: Not really. My maternal GF did the genealogy thing and traced the family back to Normandy circa 1644, but that's simply a curiosity AFAIAC.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, mostly a mixture of Nordic/Germanic Europe (including the British isles) and a third generation Japanese Canadian for a grandfather. Any of you with Austins in your families, I might be related to you, I might not be.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Three cheers for the American mutt! My ancestry is Irish, Scots-Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese, Cherokee, and God knows what else. Anybody else?
    The biggest chunk is German (different sections of Germany), some Irish, French, English, Scottish, Austrian, and some unknowns. (Yes, mostly northwestern Europian, but the unknown ones may throw in some oddities.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    ... but the unknown ones may throw in some oddities.
    My Dutch Irish great grandfather looked like Goldmember from the third Austin Powers movie... that's odd...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]