User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, there's no way you can just pretend like nothing happened. You need to offer an explanation and then apologize.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post

I don't know how it will go but I am actually going to record it and post it on here.

Going to call him now.
    Can we also get his name and adress so that we can inform him that you are posting his phone conversations on the internet?

I strongly recomment that you start using that T of yours.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I was busy working.

OK here is the context. My friend had recently married this woman, and he invited me to dinner with him - as I had taken him out for dinner a just a few days before he got married. Now when he brought his wife I was damn shocked she looked nothing like on her wedding day, I mean she just looked below average, it seemed like after marriage she stopped putting an effort into looking good.

So we were having dinner and I had some wine and I went into the toilets and to powder my nose (sniff coke) when I came back sat down and I just looked at her, for a good 3 or 4 minutes and I said: "Simara, you look ugly" and then she just got up and left, and my mate had to go running after her. When he brought her back he asked me to leave. He had that serious face on so I decided to just leave.

Then I waited for him to call me and he did not call me, which just pissed me off. So I did not bother to call him back either.

But I kind of miss him, so I am thinking about calling him back.

I don't know how it will go but I am actually going to record it and post it on here.

Going to call him now.
    I think given the context that it is a situational ugliness, so far less insulting. "You are ugly" is far worse, than "you look ugly this evening". There are probably better ways of saying it, like "you look down from your beautiful self" or "you look a bit under the weather", but yeh, I don't think it's too bad. Maybe she was looking ugly that night. Maybe she went to the bathroom to check .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    What makes one generalisation ok and the other not? Just curious.
    Cognition is an urge. Behavior is actually doing something about it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks everyone for the responses, I was busy working.

OK here is the context. My friend had recently married this woman, and he invited me to dinner with him - as I had taken him out for dinner a just a few days before he got married. Now when he brought his wife I was damn shocked she looked nothing like on her wedding day, I mean she just looked below average, it seemed like after marriage she stopped putting an effort into looking good.

So we were having dinner and I had some wine and I went into the toilets and to powder my nose (sniff coke) when I came back sat down and I just looked at her, for a good 3 or 4 minutes and I said: "Simara, you look ugly" and then she just got up and left, and my mate had to go running after her. When he brought her back he asked me to leave. He had that serious face on so I decided to just leave.

Then I waited for him to call me and he did not call me, which just pissed me off. So I did not bother to call him back either.

But I kind of miss him, so I am thinking about calling him back.

Going to call him now.

Why did you say that?? What was your reason? Were you concerned that the decline of her appearance might cause strain in their marriage and you thought you were being helpful?

Or did you just say it because you felt like it?

Impulse control is useful, particularly when you value a relationship.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Can we also get his name and adress so that we can inform him that you are posting his phone conversations on the internet?
    You could say that about any reported speech or quotation. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, so long as it isn't identifying.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You could say ugly is slang for superhot. This form of reasoning has been known to be effective before.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Blame it on the drugs, that will win her over.

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

OK it went fine, he did not bring anything up, he is asking me to come out. I'll post the call up here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Why did you say that?? What was your reason? Were you concerned that the decline of her appearance might cause strain in their marriage and you thought you were being helpful?

Or did you just say it because you felt like it?

Impulse control is useful, particularly when you value a relationship.
    I'm guessing it was just an observation that didn't get screened.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.