Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    We're Ti-ing the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I'd like some feedback from the OP
    I'm sure he'd quite enjoy this when he sees this.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

how many uh... 'mates' you got?
    if it's more than five i'd say he's expendable and it totally worth it.
    we fukin won boys

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It's just that I cringed as much as you did when I saw the comment you addressed. The fact you attributed it to Fi and generalised was just lazy thinking, or else a reaction as part of an ongoing agenda. Neither of which is very useful.
    I think you are a lazy reader and you should take another stab at it. Did I say I attributed it to that? I believe I wrote about several options. And I am allowed to form my own opinions based on my own experiences, whether they make you comfortable or not.

I think that way about Fi-judgers, and I haven't been proven wrong. But now that you mention it, Fi-perceivers have a way of making every little thing about a personal agenda. So there you go.

Why do you think I would care in the slightest what you think is useful?

. Why would I care whether you care. I just think ENTPs shouldn't get a name for being smart if they pride themselves on ignorance.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

hey where's victor when you need him?
    he knows all about mates.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know, that is why I have said "I don't fully understand".

However I think that some people are probably too sensitive. By this I mean that they take things too personally. Especially if things are not said with anything bad in mind.
    That definitely happens, but it can be worth asking why it is that some people take things too personally. How does that happen? There is always some cause and effect. When communication gets too layered up and indirect, it can also have a negative effect. There are many instances where being direct causes less harm, so communication style is neutral in the abstract, but makes a whole range of impacts depending on the applied context.

If someone's communication is far from the norm, other people need time to develop a baseline for their communication to understand what is intended for harm and what isn't. I can see some people with a certain style of communication for which calling someone's wife ugly would be an opener for a game of insulting. It just smart to have some idea how the other person will interpret the words.

I do think that reason can dictate when it is wise to withhold an opinion. It's fine to have an opinion, but the person who can view the world outside of the context of ego/self can also see that there are times their opinion is not relevant, and simply doesn't matter in the circumstance.

I'm pretty sure the OP is a farce thread, but it has generated some interesting responses.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

. Why would I care whether you care. I just think ENTPs shouldn't get a name for being smart if they pride themselves on ignorance.

Whoa there. When did "an ENTP I'm disagreeing with right now" turn into "ENTPs"?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Whoa there. When did "an ENTP I'm disagreeing with right now" turn into "ENTPs"?
    Ever since he turned to berating the generalisations an ENTP made.

IRONY, it's in his face.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You're damn right about people being too sensitive. But I can't think of a situation where calling someone ugly isn't personal, especially since ugly is such a negative word. Actually, she most likely wouldn't have minded to be called pretty. So maybe it's the negative aspect, rather than the judging aspect, which is the problem.
    Well, the OP was never the question since he/she went clearly over the line.
    Even I see that this is not something you should say unless you are joking when the time is really right for it.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I only know of the poignance about arousing negative emotions.

Learn something new each day.
    +1

You're not making sense. Prove my ignorance. You took something completely out of context and are making a personal crusade out of thin air. Surely you can find something more... useful.

And what a generalization! You blame ENTPs for what you perceive to be my own personal ignorance? Back to the drawing board... you fail.