Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    You're a dumbass.
    1000x this.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You should just never bother with them again.

Clearly, they already made the choice once to stay away and not contact you. Why make it hard on them. Just do your mate a favor and stay away yourself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    If it's been more than a year, you shouldn't mention it. Just call.

If he brings it up, apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    1. Did they notice?
    2. Are you overestimating what you said?
    3. Do they remember?
    4. Do they care?

If you bring it up, you run the risk of making it a big deal. If they bring it up, apologize for being a drunk idiot.
    Those^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    *checks OP's type*

Yep, makes sense.
    LOL, that's what I was thinking too. Plus the minor n in InTJ doesn't help matters, you'd just be crossing into ISTJ territory.

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post
    She also had ugly feet too, but I did not mention that.
    Discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    *checks OP's type*

Yep, makes sense.
    Yes, it makes sense.
    However I don't fully understand why some people are so uncomfortable with "direct" people.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes, it makes sense.
    However I don't fully understand why some people are so uncomfortable with "direct" people.
    Cultural predilections. Personality. Upbringing. Experience. There can be several factors.

I'd say call and see what happens. What have you got to lose?

I don't want to tell you what to say because that depends greatly on the situation and the reaction.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Enneagram
    1w2

Five Stars!

You know it's funny this is exactly the stuff I see NTs doing in real life that gets people pissed at them. Not too surprised. Is this what you mean when you say you don't conform to the norm?

People have given you good advice. I suppose you want your friend back or something because you're still thinking about it after one year, but why? Do you miss your friend or something? I just want to know if you can understand why someone would be deeply offended and hurt over a comment like that because if you don't understand that you will inevitably be pulling your foot out of your mouth again. The fact that you call them "petty" for not talking to you is indicative of your mentality: that you were right to make such a comment and the consequences of what you said should've been minimal and laughed off.

Cze's questions are things I'm curious about as well...what was the context?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

garbage

You don't really seem sorry, so an apology is not going to come across as genuine.

For that reason, I suggest you apologize and post here with the aftermath

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post
    So some time back, went to dinner with a mate of mine and his wife, and I ended up telling him his wife was ugly while she was sitting there. After that we not spoken since that night. Its been over a year now. Do you think I should just say sorry and blame the drink? or are they being really petty and I should not bother?
    It's been over a year??

I'm not great at etiquette, but I think I would have mustered up an awkward apology at least within the first few days.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    You're a dumbass.
    my first thought.

though im pretty sure the OP thought it might be a good joke. too bad the hosts didnt see it that way. too bad it only took him an entire year to realize what a joke is not

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes, it makes sense.
    lol

so you can't justify yourself and your interactions with the world to yourself?

-cuz the people giving you the scholarship really appreceate being told that they are retarded

-the people that invited you over to dinner at their place are really keen on you mitigating their hospitality to downright rudeness. then again, they should have known better than to invite someone like you for dinner, shouldn' they? so i guess they got what they deserved.