ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post
    Thanks,

Leeds (UK)
    I love how you said "don't bring anybody".

MBTI
    INFP

His wife is overbearing though.
    Even more reason for you to apologize to her and win her over. Realistically if your friend's wife hates you, there isn't much chance of the friendship resuming an even keel. That chance would be greatly improved however by making a sincere apology to her, even if she doesn't immediately accept it.

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I love how you said "don't bring anybody".
    LOL I was giving him a hint not to bring her.

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Even more reason for you to apologize to her and win her over. Realistically if your friend's wife hates you, there isn't much chance of the friendship resuming an even keel. That chance would be greatly improved however by making a sincere apology to her, even if she doesn't immediately accept it.
    How am I going to justify it though? I am going to go see my friend, and I will just say: "Sorry, about that night" and see where it leads from there.

MBTI
    INFJ

The more we discuss this, the more I get the feeling you were pissed at him for marrying this woman and at her for taking away your mate.

I had a friend who was really annoyed when I started dating my husband because she didn't see me as often. She didn't insult him to his face, but she made it clear she didn't think much of him. And then guess what? She saw me even less.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

LOL I was giving him a hint not to bring her.
    That wasn't a hint, that was a thud. My goodness, you are a specimen!! How old are you, or is that rude to ask?

You INTJs rock my world with your obliviousness, which is worse than mine!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Really?

I think an INFP would bring it up if it was big enough to offend him so much that he cut contact for a year. If someone called me after a year of avoiding them out of hurt, and had the audacity to ask why I didn't call in the manner this guy did, then I'd straight out tell them why.
    I guess it depends on the setting. If the friend has already decided to write him off then I don't think he's going to want to make a big song and dance about it. A few drinks and a little persistence could bring it out into the open where it can be dealt with. He'd be better off getting the apology to the wife over and done with before apologizing to the friend, though. That's how I'd deal with, anyway.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Your voice is hot, though. Where are you from?

I found that too, weird.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

How am I going to justify it though?
    I don't say this lightly, but you may have to lie through your teeth if need be. "I'm really sorry, I was drunk and didn't mean it to sound as bad as it did. You just looked really tired and I hadn't seen you since you were all made-up from the wedding. I'm just bad with people." That might be a start. Or (less plausibly) "I'd heard that guys get really jealous and possessive when they first get married, so I was trying to let him know I wasn't going to try anything on you. I was drunk though and it came out all wrong, so I'm really sorry about that. You aren't ugly at all and I didn't mean it to sound like that. I'm an idiot."

I dunno mate, you'll have to use a bit of creativity. Just make sure you sound really apologetic. That's the main thing. For a scenario like this you can't overdo it, basically.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I don't say this lightly, but you may have to lie through your teeth if need be. "I'm really sorry, I was drunk and didn't mean it to sound as bad as it did. You just looked really tired and I hadn't seen you since you were all made-up from the wedding. I'm just bad with people." That might be a start. Or (less plausibly) "I'd heard that guys get really jealous and possessive when they first get married, so I was trying to let him know I wasn't going to try anything on you. I was drunk though and it came out all wrong, so I'm really sorry about that. You aren't ugly at all and I didn't mean it to sound like that. I'm an idiot."

I dunno mate, you'll have to use a bit of creativity. Just make sure you sound really apologetic. That's the main thing. For a scenario like this you can't overdo it, basically.
    Really, that sounds more plausible, at least it's an attempt to soothe her hurt ego, the other one "I was drunk" is merely confessing that with the help of something that loosens inhibitions, he finally told the truth, that she is ugly.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari