User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Moral dilemma and the big picture.

So, on the phone last night discussing the cat as her time frame to come back to the UK is July 24th to August 26th from Canada.

I love the cat, so do my children. But i am having a serious moral dilemma over this one. I don't want her back as she was part of a family, that family doesn't exist anymore so she will be a reminder of 'him'. The flight almost 7 odd hours is torture for anyone never mind a cat in Cargo. If she doesn't pass inspection here she will have to go into quarantine for 6 months or go back to Canada (cant afford quarantine). He told me last night, he wont bring her over as he doesn't want to see me and rehash all those emotions. He is willing to pay for the ticket (on credit card) and let a friend come for a weeks holiday here, only down side is if she goes back as failing the inspection, that person wont be having a holiday here.
    She has been part of the family for 2 years, but he also said that when he sees Kate with the cat, it doesn't feel right as i am her mummy and he is the daddy. Kate loves the cat however and will be sad if she leaves. The cat seems happy with her new life over there.
    The kids feel sad though that she may not be coming back.
    I am torn.

What would you do if you was me? Bring her back to the UK or keep her in Canada.

And if anyone says its just a cat .. Well, i will not be held responsible for my actions.
    Last edited by Saslou; 04-02-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    SEXY

First of all, best off luck with the break-up. I hope you'll be able to put all this behind you in the future. Now as for this particular choice, I'm going to say it anyway:

It's just a cat...

I'm not joking either. It may seem like a hard decision now, but it's definitely not life altering to anyone, especially not compared with a break-up in which both partners apparently end up living in different countries. I'm not going to advice either option, but whichever you choose I'm sure in the end it will turn out fine.

MBTI
    INTP

I've heard (I don't remember where) that the UK has very strict animal importation controls, and that the odds are strongly against any particular pet passing the criteria. Explain to your kids that it would be unfair to have the cat go through that. Then go get a kitten.

MBTI
    ESFJ

^^^ It is so easy to get a cat out of this country yet so hard to get one back in. When i was looking into putting her into quarantine for a few months, it was explained to me that 1 in 4 cats don't pass the inspection as they are so anal when it comes to paperwork. I personally don't think it is worth the risk.

Thank you shimmy. I just didn't want people to be an A-hole about the 'Its just a cat'. I know where you are coming from, so thanks.

I don't think i would get another kitty, i don't know yet where my life is going. Fate and all that, i do believe i got PR status in Canada for a reason, maybe i will be going back one day.
    Anyway, a kitty from 2 doors down is coming to ours on a temp basis so we are kind of getting a quick fix and she can go home when we are done.
    Oh i sound so cold.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Oh i sound so cold.
    No you don't, there's nothing wrong with the more pragmatic option when your emotions don't provide you with "the right" answer.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Hey Sas,

I feel it is much better to leave the cat at a stable home back in Canada, then having to go through the long flight (in cargo) and then be subjected to tests and then face the possibility of having to be quarantined in which the cat after be subjected to various people, possible abuse, and possibly not passing the quarantine and who knows what else... It is better to leave her where she is then put the cat and the kids through all of that and then waiting for something that may or may not happen...

Give it some time you can after awhile get another kitty or some other type of pet. Actually I wish I could get a little white Maltese lap dog, but there is something about having dogs in houses here in Egypt not a rule, but a custom or tradition?!

Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    entp

what the hell!! you need to post a warning

i almost said 'awwww' looking at that second pic...thank god theres noone here or my rep would go down the drain

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    what the hell!! you need to post a warning

i almost said 'awwww' looking at that second pic...thank god theres noone here or my rep would go down the drain
    Yeah, she is freaking adorable, runt of the litter so she is tiny.
    Lastly, what rep??
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

What will happen to the cat if you don't take her?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    What will happen to the cat if you don't take her?
    He keeps her in Canada. He says that is the last option. Although i didn't want any details, he doesn't think the relationship will last long because of how they got together (i knew it would happen eventually as he told me in January, Men). I think if/when they go their seperate ways, he's stuck with a cat.
    Hey, you make your bed, you lie in it.

He is going to call me on Tuesday to get plans in motion, i have emailed him tonight asking if we can not talk over the phone and just via email.
    So i have until Tuesday to make up my mind. *tut*
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe