First 12

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think your cat may be special to you, but (forgive me for suggesting this) you are projecting human characteristics onto it. She probably doesn't care either way, so why should you? To spend so much time and money on this animal is one thing, but the stringing along with the decision is just keeping the lines connected between you and the ex. We always take a piece of our former selves when we leave as a memento, a piece of the "crime" (see "Vertigo") and that isn't always the healthiest thing. Cut the cord, mourn the loss of your ex and your cat, and move on. It's about showing yourself some tough love and allowing a new love to bloom.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Jenocyde .. I admire your honesty. Thank you.
    *Salutes*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Jenocyde .. I admire your honesty. Thank you.
    *Salutes*
    You *will* get through this, and you *will* be happy again. I promise.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You *will* get through this, and you *will* be happy again. I promise.
    It's more about you and how you want to live than about anything you lost or any pain you experienced. The past is dead, so I am always curious why we as human beings hold onto it in ways that are painful.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    The past is dead, so I am always curious why we as human beings hold onto it in ways that are painful.
    +1 for the post, and +1 for you.

MBTI
    ESFJ

OK, so i just told the eldest, i am not going to let her come back.
    He was very, very close to the cat. He took it better than i thought. He called Kate a skank and he hates Jason even more than before. So that went well.

Just got to tell J now. Yeah, i'll do that tomorrow.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

I do hear you jenocyde and i know you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's more about you and how you want to live than about anything you lost or any pain you experienced. The past is dead, so I am always curious why we as human beings hold onto it in ways that are painful.
    I think for me anyway, when you have experienced a lot of negative pain, its easier to hold on to that negativity then to experience the good things. Its what you know how to do. You always stick to what you know. Its training yourself to think differently thats the hard part, but i am working on it.
    Rome wasn't built in a day.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    entp

Yeah, she is freaking adorable, runt of the litter so she is tiny.
    Lastly, what rep??
    oh no you don't!!! i know you this game you devil

MBTI
    entp

I think for me anyway, when you have experienced a lot of negative pain, its easier to hold on to that negativity then to experience the good things. Its what you know how to do. You always stick to what you know. Its training yourself to think differently thats the hard part, but i am working on it.
    i think theres a fair amount of truth in that. pain elicits emotion that have probably never been felt before. its causes an emotional peak that is remembered by your body and brain.

same reason why first time you get high is the best high you'll ever get

and then there is the psychological aspect that involves decision making and choices but maybe in a another thread

i personally think you, saslou, know exactly what the right thing to do is but in this time of need, when your own kids are gonna be affected, you are seeking a second opinion...which is good, because personally, when i need it the most, my good sense goes for a hike to nowhere
    so, listen to yourself young lady

and stop questioning my rep! its all i got when people talk to me about smart stuff that i dont know crap about

Rome wasn't built in a day.
    im gonna write that down

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    oh no you don't!!! i know you this game you devil
    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    i think theres a fair amount of truth in that. pain elicits emotion that have probably never been felt before. its causes an emotional peak that is remembered by your body and brain.

same reason why first time you get high is the best high you'll ever get

and then there is the psychological aspect that involves decision making and choices but maybe in a another thread

i personally think you, saslou, know exactly what the right thing to do is but in this time of need, when your own kids are gonna be affected, you are seeking a second opinion...which is good, because personally, when i need it the most, my good sense goes for a hike to nowhere
    so, listen to yourself young lady

and stop questioning my rep! its all i got when people talk to me about smart stuff that i dont know crap about

im gonna write that down
    You are actually rather funny.
    Second opinions are always good, i have an emotional attachment so someone elses view from outside the box is helpful in times like these. Oh and very much appreciated.

I only questioned your rep once .. *tut*, lol.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe