User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I usually don't bother posting in threads that have progressed very far. Usually there is a lot of witty personal banter going on toward the end of these threads, and I would feel awkward posting something "serious" in the middle of someone's nice conversation. I usually just read the first three pages, then the last page of the thread to gauge where it has been and where it is going before posting. Most of the time, I decide not to post and go back to lurking.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Depends on my mood. In this case, I read the title "How do you enter a thread?" and thought, WTF? Is it possible that someone really doesn't know how to enter a thread? Curiosity made me look, and I was like.. "Oh - this isn't at all what I thought it was"

Then, I read the OP, along with several others whose names I recognized.

Next, I posted this. Have I contributed? Sort of. At least you get a glimpse of a few seconds of my thought process this day. Surely that's worth all the gold in the world?

MBTI
    ESFJ

If the thread is 10+ pages long i will read the first, then third, then fifth and so on. Although i will backtrack if someones posted something thats got my attention.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Depends on my mood, the thread, the posts, and the position of the valence electron around a randomly chosen cesium atom.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With guns a'-blazin'!

(because a comment [usually on the last page] piqued my interest, and I will read back-posts however far that comment can be put into a context, and sometimes, if I find more and more interesting comments, I just read the whole shebang...depending on the doable nature of said thread, i.e., not 33 pages or something, but, if it's an OP topic that's interesting on a whole, I read everything)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I like to start a thread if I haven't seen any threads like it recently. If I think it's too similar to another thread that has been started I won't start one.

(Just kidding, I did read this thread)

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Steps

- I read the OP
    - then skim through the replies
    - If there's > 40 replies, skip the middle section
    - always read the last page
    - select add quote option if they strike my fancy
    - get to bottom of "quick reply" box, determine if I want to post
    - "go advanced" for full post.

Re: Tallulah: I didn't read the comments
    My excuses for not reading everything
    1. lousy memory, things get so jumbled up in my mind that I want to respond to this, that, that, that but they're all semi unrelated and I have no clue what I wanted to say or how I should say it. So I don't post. Then when I see the thread again, I don't remember what had been said and I'm not reading through them all again.
    2. People repeat themselves. I find that for every 100 posts, the same comments/arguments usually get recycled.
    3. Most people just reply to OP or to the very last few posts. No point in reading/mentioning stuff in the middle because that's not where the conversation is going.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If you post in a thread do you read the entire thread first, or do you jump in when you find the inspiration?

Depends on how long the thread is....If it is shorter, I read through it. If it is longer, I will skim. I find a lot of posts in long threads to be unrelated banter or a few poster stuck in their own little debate, so I pay most attention to the first few pages & the last few.

Do you self-censor if you feel you have nothing substantive to contribute or do you feel more of a need to express yourself?

I do self-censor. Sometimes I will start a reply, then think, "Nah, this isn't adding much," and then abandon it. Threads that essentially survey people (like this one) seem made to self-express though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's kind of a personal question, isn't it?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I read the whole thread, usually--nothing irritates me more than when someone, after 10 pages, goes, "I didn't read the thread, but blahblahblah..." It's like saying, "I didn't care what any of you had to say, but here's my golden opinion!" I like to read what people had to say, and I'll use the multiquote as I go to hold onto thoughts I want to respond to. Usually if it's a long thread, someone's already made the point I wanted to make. If I have something to add after that, I'll do it.
    aww damn, i'm sorry. i totally do that. i often just have a lil bit of time when i come on and open a thread and will reply right away if i want to reply to the op...sometimes when i have more time i'll read the rest but it's not always...and it's not because i don't value what everyone else is saying...it's just that i think the op might get something out of what everyone says rather it was just in response to the op or not.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison