User Tag List

First 4567 Last

I love spectacles.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

your resident asshole

I'm not an intuitive, but Disney World is my favorite park. It's really great if you're not a big roller coaster fan. Plus when I was a little kid I really did feel the "magic." Never been west enough to go to Disneyland, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm not an intuitive, but Disney World is my favorite park. It's really great if you're not a big roller coaster fan. Plus when I was a little kid I really did feel the "magic." Never been west enough to go to Disneyland, though.
    I can't even express how suprised I am with this fact.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Going to Disney Land/World is a nice way to distract yourself from reality. You go in there and you completely forget about what the world is really like, and for some hours, you're in a fantasy wonderland where anything is possible. (Sounds INFP to me just kidding.)

I've never been to Disney Land, but I've been to the one in Florida twice - once at age ten, and once at age seventeen - and loved it both times I went. You almost forget about the scary, corporate aspect... and that there hasn't been an amazing Disney cartoon since the Pixar split.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Going to Disney Land/World is a nice way to distract yourself from reality. You go in there and you completely forget about what the world is really like, and for some hours, you're in a fantasy wonderland where anything is possible. (Sounds INFP to me just kidding.)
    Yeah but I don't need the hype to go into fanatsy land. It's always there in my head and totally free.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yeah but I don't need the hype to go into fanatsy land. It's always there in my head and totally free.
    Ditto. This is exactly why Disneyworld might not appeal to intuitives, especially introerted intuitives, as much. We're always in our own fantasy world, we don't need any help in that regard.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I can't even express how suprised I am with this fact.
    I know right? Who would have guessed?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I love Disneyland and Disneyworld...been to both many times.

It is more fun with kids.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I've never been able to understand the appeal. I like thrill rides a lot, but not enough to put up with crowds of tired people, cartoon themes and (my personal phobia) being approached by costumed strangers. I'm a total kill joy, I know, LOL. Fortunately, most of my family feels the same way.

Having fantasy creatures and objects take the form of giant plastic, foam, germy, crowded sesory assualt feels less like an escape into fantasy, and more like being forcefully yanked into the concrete world repeatedly, for me. My imagination is much better. ;OP
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Why would I want to see a fake alpine village when I can just go visit the Alps? Why would I want to see a fantasy castle when I can see a real one? Why would I traipse through a simulated jungle when the world's full of actual rainforests? Why bother with a heavily-produced corporate fantasy when wider, more vivid worlds rest within the confines of a local library? Why concern myself with idle speculation about technological developments, when the true developments of the future rest within research journals, or even possibly the confines of my own mind?

Disney parks, at essence giant marketing campaigns, are exactly what Baudrillard was talking about. Nothing but hyperreality, candy for the brain without nutritive content. Forgive me if I would rather have the main course of exploring Planet Earth.
    Yes! When we [my parents and alongside myself, a brother and sister] went to the HK version, all three of us siblings had no interest in the rides. We preferred looking at the animals in the nearby zoo.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.