User Tag List

First 34567 Last

deleted

Last time I was there, when came nightfall I just rode Pirates of the Caribbean over and over again whilst eating candy burgers until closing. I still kind of have an obsession with the general idea of pirates and being a pirate. It's good fun.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Giggly, dear, it appears there is no type consistency.
    Yep, you're right. But I think you would enjoy it if you went at a time when the crowds are low.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Anyway, I went to Magic Kingdom, and all I can say is that it was not as awesome as Cedar Point.
    I've never been to Cedar Point. Is that the gargantuan park in the Midwest?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    At Disneyworld, I always enjoyed Epcot with its world showcase. I also liked Downtown Disney last time I was there.
    Yeah, me too. It's nice to visit once in a blue moon. I imagine going there often (which is entirely possible when living in Orlando.) would take away some of the appreciation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think both Disney World and Disneyland are freaking phenomenal, although if you go to Disney World first (like I did), Disneyland is something of a letdown.

I understand and feel the "magic". I don't know how they achieve it, and I don't want to know because that might ruin it. I suppose the parks can be appear sensorish, but I'm not a fan of thrill rides, so the appeal to me is much more along the lines of the imagination titillation you talk about. That, and the way the atmosphere seems to change the minute you walk in the gate. It fascinates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like Disneyland a lot. My uncle worked there while he was in college and so we got in for free and would go several times a year as a child. I suppose a lot of why I like it is nostalgia for my childhood. It was always a positive family outing.

I also like the visual aspect & atmosphere of Disneyland. The creative detail in that place is amazing. I like the rides, as they tend to be whimsical. I am not a thrill-ride person for the most part, so I much prefer it to a place like Six Flags. I also like to people-watch. Big crowds and lines bug me too, but you just have to know when to go to avoid some of that (off season, middle of the week, late afternoon & evening) and then just accept it as a part of the deal.

I didn't like Disneyworld when I went, but then I was 15 and didn't like much of anything at that age. I was also comparing it to the Disneyland of my childhood and it wasn't going to compare to a place that already held so many happy memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    What's not to love? (Besides the heat and the zillion kids.) As a non-roller coaster person, I love theme parks like Disney. Even if you didn't ride a lot of rides, there are lots of fun attractions, and even the kiddie rides are kinda fun for me. Love the virtual ones, especially!
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Sure...on hallucinogens.
    Never done hallucinogens before but somehow I can see that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    This is pretty much the same way I feel about it... I love the coasters, but most of the rest of it's just "okay" (truly, I just sort of walk by most of the other attractions without noticing them). Having said that, I *did* enjoy going both times I did - partially the coasters and fireworks, mostly the great company.
    Love the fireworks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And Universal Studios tops Disney parks, as well.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    If they turned down the heat and the insanely long waits, then maybe it'd be a good time.
    Go in early to mid- November on a weekday. It's cool (you need a light jacket even) and there are no lines to wait in.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's the point. Why be suckered into paying for fake, fluffy entertainment when there's an entire world of real

.......... I would want them to discover their own adventures and create their own fantasies in many real places all over the world.
    I can appreciate this except that I can't tell if you're just being a spendthrift or if you truly feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have never been there but Disneyland looks like SF way of having fun. Which means that I would probably be bored there for the most part.
    See, this was my question. Why is it not an intuitive experience? Walt Disney himself was an ENTP after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I also find the experience to be boring, but I am fascinated by watching those who don't.
    And we are fascinated with bringing you with us.

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    Such parks are awful. I hate spectacles.
    Everything in life is a spectacle now. Nothing is sacred anymore. It's a constant struggle for me to keep the few things that are sacred to me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Last time I was there, when came nightfall I just rode Pirates of the Caribbean over and over again whilst eating candy burgers until closing. I still kind of have an obsession with the general idea of pirates and being a pirate. It's good fun.
    That's one of the best rides ever. It's EXCITING to get on that ride!

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't like crowds. I don't like the whole pressure and "you're supposed to like this and find this important! What? You're not having the time of your LIFE, what are you, ungrateful?" aspect of it, I never did. Even as a child I hated this aspect of any kind of formal entertainment. I had one older brother who was always getting on my case because I didn't like these sorts of things, I'd have rather read a book or played by myself in the backyard. There's a comformity aspect to it that grates on me and the idea that my imagination and idea of fun needs to come into line with someone's else vision.
    It sounds to me like people might have wanted your company. Granted, I don't know your past situation, and this is off topic now, but is it possible that they just wanted to connect with you and have you join them and they did not understand or know how to do that?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I've never been to Cedar Point. Is that the gargantuan park in the Midwest?
    Cedar Point.

MBTI
    INTP

I would rather go somewhere with more thrill rides and shorter lines. Six flags is sometimes okay, but the Magical Kingdom is usually fairly boring.

See, this was my question. Why is it not an intuitive experience? Walt Disney himself was an ENTP after all.
    Isn't obvious ?

I don't know Disney's type but I will believe you that he was an ENTP.

This this is very simple to answer. The type of original creator has almost nothing with kinds of experiances this park offers. Ok, he strated the whole thing but it is not him who set all the details plus this park exists for a long time now and if I am not mistaking Walt Disney is dead for sometime now. So somebody else takes care of what is going on there. (if Disney was ever in charge of it)
    I simply lack information since this is not in my field of interest.

The reason why it is not an intuitive experiance (for the most part) is because there you are "forced" on doing things. Even if that simply means watching colurs of costumes. Enjoying a ride on a rovercoster is sensory experiance as well. Eating an ice creme is also sensory experiance.
    Taking a ride in something is also sensory experiance. Plus since entire thing is just for fun the entire thing is also an F experiance.

Which means that in general NFs are much more likely to enjoy it then NTs.
    Also don't forget that E/I and J/P play a role here as well.

The reason why this is not really an intuitive experiance is because there is no much connections to be made. Since everything is "simple" and it is ready for you to use it. There is simply no deeper point(s) to it.

However there is one catch which can make an entire thing more intuitive.
    There were situations when I ended up in SF entertainment area so I ended up bored. So in this situations I am trying to figure out how entire system actually works as a way to entertain myself.

By this I mean that I will wonder how big thier electricity bill is. I will try to figure out if park gets water from one source ot multiple sources. Or is that water circling for the most part. I will speculate about the income of entire park in combination how much staff they actually need for making the entire thing work. What are professions of that staff and what are their raitos.
    Or could look at a rollercoaster and how it moves in his tracks and try to guess which place is the most likely place(s) for any accident to happen. Is there any available space for park explasion. Can arrangement of features in the park be better. It is not impossible that I will go around the place and search for fire alarm swiches just to know how many of them are there.

In situation where you have typical SF way of fun, like this kinds of parks, disco, movies.... I will behave on this way if I have a choice. In the case I am watching a movie I will overanayize a movie in a search for logical gaps.

The Things I have said here are said form experiance in the case someone wonders.. I simply can't stop analysing and if I am forced to I will probably end up bored or I will simply put more focus on my inner world to "entertain me" until this is over.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

In the case I am watching a movie I will overanayize a move in search for logical gaps.
    Lmao. Funny you should say that, off subject now. Took the youngest to see Transformers 2 the other night. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let me pay to see a huge budget film where i notice the same clip twice. Instead lose 2 seconds of the film, where is the logic in that!!!!!
    Next time you watch it, see if you can spot it.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTJ

I won a weeklong trip to Disneyland when I was 8 - my Mom took me and my 2 sisters (Dad stayed at home to work). We had free passes, hotel etc., and only ended up spending 3 of 7 days there because we were bored and didn't enjoy the line-ups from hell (in April!). I also got food poisoning from one of their burgers, which my Mom then decided I was faking (complete with forcing me to eat because of the "faking" - puked on her shoes for that). Spent the rest of the week at the beach, rescuing ladybugs from the sea. I remember LA and Disneyland as very hot, and very concrete-y (like, literally, lots of concrete). I also remember a limo driver not understanding where Canada was.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I've never been to either one. Nowhere. Not in the US and not in Europe. I think the closest I got to was a WB theme park or something similar and some amusement parks.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

I love the idea of Disneyland, as I much love many ideas of many places, Costco included, but have always built up such expectation that once I finally get there, I am only reminded of all the people, the waiting, the heat, the noise, the frenetic constant motion that in ways is delightful, but incredibly exhausting. I am a sensory addict, by the way.

Everything in life is a spectacle now. Nothing is sacred anymore. It's a constant struggle for me to keep the few things that are sacred to me that way.
    Yes, sadly.