User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like Disneyland a lot. My uncle worked there while he was in college and so we got in for free and would go several times a year as a child. I suppose a lot of why I like it is nostalgia for my childhood. It was always a positive family outing.

I also like the visual aspect & atmosphere of Disneyland. The creative detail in that place is amazing. I like the rides, as they tend to be whimsical. I am not a thrill-ride person for the most part, so I much prefer it to a place like Six Flags. I also like to people-watch. Big crowds and lines bug me too, but you just have to know when to go to avoid some of that (off season, middle of the week, late afternoon & evening) and then just accept it as a part of the deal.

I didn't like Disneyworld when I went, but then I was 15 and didn't like much of anything at that age. I was also comparing it to the Disneyland of my childhood and it wasn't going to compare to a place that already held so many happy memories.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I have never wanted to do or take my children to Disneyworld. To me, its just a huge money grabbing machine that mommy's and daddy's have to give in to.

Now visiting Paramount i think we would all enjoy. That i would consider.
    you seem like the kind of person who's excuse for incompetence is "bad economy."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I went to Epcot and it was alright. I liked the viking themed place.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Sure...on hallucinogens.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Now visiting Paramount i think we would all enjoy. That i would consider.
    Alas, Paramount Parks don't exist anymore.

Personally, I'd love to visit Alton Towers. That seems like an amazing theme park.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I went to Disneyland for the first time in April and thought it extremely boring and cheesy. Perhaps when I was younger I may have liked it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Alas, Paramount Parks don't exist anymore.

Personally, I'd love to visit Alton Towers. That seems like an amazing theme park.
    Oh .. lmao. Never mind then.

Alton Towers is bloody amazing.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been to Disneyland more times than I can count. I'd be tired of it by now, but there are just too many memories to really let it go.

I LOVE Epcott.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Why would I want to see a fake alpine village when I can just go visit the Alps? Why would I want to see a fantasy castle when I can see a real one? Why would I traipse through a simulated jungle when the world's full of actual rainforests? Why bother with a heavily-produced corporate fantasy when wider, more vivid worlds rest within the confines of a local library? Why concern myself with idle speculation about technological developments, when the true developments of the future rest within research journals, or even possibly the confines of my own mind?

Disney parks, at essence giant marketing campaigns, are exactly what Baudrillard was talking about. Nothing but hyperreality, candy for the brain without nutritive content. Forgive me if I would rather have the main course of exploring Planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Why would I want to see a fake alpine village when I can just go visit the Alps? Why would I want to see a fantasy castle when I can see a real one? Why would I traipse through a simulated jungle when the world's full of actual rainforests? Why bother with a heavily-produced corporate fantasy when wider, more vivid worlds rest within the confines of a local library? Why concern myself with idle speculation about technological developments, when the true developments of the future rest within research journals, or even possibly the confines of my own mind?

Disney parks, at essence giant marketing campaigns, are exactly what Baudrillard was talking about. Nothing but hyperreality, candy for the brain without nutritive content. Forgive me if I would rather have the main course of exploring Planet Earth.
    You never eat dessert either, do you?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari