User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Quirks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It's not hard to assemble stuff, but it's way too expensive for stuff made of shitty particle board. I hate particle board with a passion.

I refuse to buy furniture that isn't made with real wood and metal (stainless or aluminum). I also hate painted things.
    plenty of stuff at IKEA is real wood! I want an IKEA kitchen with butcher-block countertops.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    Wolf as do I as I do.....

Everything I have bought from IKEA is real wood, the shelves my my daughters room and the counters as well as my kitchen chairs. All wood.
    Aside from some of their kitchen stuff, it always seemed like their catalogs were wall-to-wall particle board, plywood, plastic veneers, and paint. Uck.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

IKEA furnitures etc... we have tons of those around the house too. Some of their stuff is pressurized wood with veneers... some of them aren't. Problem with them is quality control... I had bad experiences with packages using nuts and bolts, pre-drilled holes that are placed at the wrong spot etc. The worse thing is it seems like nobody in the family knows how to cobble things together except for me. That all the assembly work falls onto my shoulders.

Eating a sandwich upside down... I don't even think I would notice in the first place there's a difference.

Quirks... I like chewing on ice too, it makes nice cracking sounds... although it must be bad for my teeth.

I also don't mind getting wet when it's raining outside... what I do mind though is damp clothes. So either get me waterproof gear or I suppose I can go naked. I also like walking outside with light hail...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Quirks... I like chewing on ice too, it makes nice cracking sounds... although it must be bad for my teeth.
    maybe the cracking sounds were not the ice...?

Public service message: Yes, if it's really solid ice (not the "fake ice" you get at fast food places, which crunches pretty easily), it's horrible for your teeth... but worse for your jaw. You can really screw up your jaw joints permanently and suffer a lot of jaw pain, if you are chewing on rock-hard things all the time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    plenty of stuff at IKEA is real wood! I want an IKEA kitchen with butcher-block countertops.

The butcher block counters are AMAZING!
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFP

i have tourette syndrome where i always move my nose around with my hand. it's annoying and sometimes my nose gets raw on the nostrils from it. i also have it when i can't stop winking my left eye. gad i'm a freak. but my dad has tourette syndrome worse than i due to brain damage from a skateboarding accident when he was younger. haha its funny. besides the normal tics of his, he's got this thing where he mutters "bastards" under his breath. i'll be like, dad you're saying it again. "what?" "bastards." "really? i did?" "yeah" "hahaha"

i've had these tics for a decade.

MBTI
    XNXP

I enjoy popping bubble wrap in idle moments.

I like using soap and soaking to get as much goop off a pan surface as I can before scrubbing. For some reason it is sort of satisfying to see all that brown water go down the drain when I decide to tilt it. Interesting to see which bits somehow managed to keep hanging on. Yes, it is fun to take a hot pan and see the steam come off it when you run water on it.

I used to make hard boiled eggs a lot more often than I do now. But sometimes I'd forget I had them on the stove, and the next I knew there would be those cracking sounds that the shell makes when it is starting to pop and all the water in the pan has run out. ( Sometimes I would have to clean egg off my ceiling because I had allowed them to fully pop, and it had gone that way - extreme Iggy. ) I'd run out to the kitchen, from whatever I had gotten absorbed in, and run water on the eggs to cool them off. They would usually crack as this was happening, but settle down quickly in the water. But once... an egg exploded as I was standing there looking down into the pan. POW. A piece of hot egg narrowly missed my eye ( lucky me ) and I nursed the area on my upper cheek with Aloe or some kind of cold balm that I had in the fridge. Never again looked at them while cooling them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I enjoy popping bubble wrap in idle moments.
    My daughter likes bubble wrap, and we have an extended relative who actually sends her packages in US Mail containing only bubble wrap. Interesting guy.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

when i eat potato chips, i lick the flavour off one side and eat the rest of the chip with the flavour on the other side facing down onto my tongue. i lick the side with less flavour first.

i bite my nails...so much that they would have to grow 2mm more in order to cover the whole nail bed.

when my eyes are itchy i start trying to pull out my eyelashes...yes disturbing.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

the only two things that can make me truly angry are when people mess up my hair or take my food. people say i sound like a dog. my needs are pretty primal, i guess =/