First 1234513 Last

Thread: Quirks

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I suppose that's better than Borderline Personality Disorder.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I have several "quirks" which probably do resemble OCD behaviors.
    I like to play harmless pranks on people that only I get. SJs are my favorite targets-I know it's wrong but I cannot help myself.
    I collect prom gowns and trashy dresses that I never wear. I am unaware of the reasoning behind it.
    I collect shoes same concept with the dresses.
    I collect cookbooks and psychology books that I cannot part with either.
    I come up with theories about people and types. I make up experiments to test the validity. I think this is one of my strangest quirks.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    I tie my shoes by making "bunny ears" and tying those together b/c I never learned the "right" way.
    Every so often I realise that I don't know how I tie my shoes, so I watch myself tying them slowly to convince myself that I'm doing it right.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Every so often I realise that I don't know how I tie my shoes, so I watch myself tying them slowly to convince myself that I'm doing it right.
    Sometimes I replace English words with German/Latin/Esperanto equivalents.

Other times I replace the right word with another word altogether. For example, I once pointed out a truck full of refrigerators by saying, "Look at all those helicopters." (I knew they weren't helicopters, but the right word was stuck.)

I guess it's worth pointing out I have a nephew with Tourette's.... Maybe that's genetic?

I don't have either of these problems when I'm writing.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have trouble remembering nouns. I tend to say "thingie" a lot, sometimes with multiple thingies-per-sentence. I also suck at names.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

let the sharing begin

I like to sleep in a made bed, and it MUST have sheets as I rub my toes between the sheets as I fall to sleep.

I hate dirty feet, and I cannot touch foam yet I like my pillow to be filled with ripped foam for sleeping on.

and if you look at the picture below especially on the right side you will see something interesting about the mugs and glasses

I get angry if you don't remove the coffee mugs in order.......

also whenever I hear that someone is coming over I clean the bathroom.....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Other times I replace the right word with another word altogether. For example, I once pointed out a truck full of refrigerators by saying, "Look at all those helicopters." (I knew they weren't helicopters, but the right word was stuck.)
    I've done this before. I've said something like "Come into the water" when I meant "Come into the light." My brother still won't let me live it down.

There are times where I think about a word, and wonder if that's the right word. Like the word "window." In one of those moments, I'll think about the word "window" and think that it suddenly sounds completely foreign and I'm at a loss for (just a second or two) what it means! It happens with objects too...they seem completely alien for some reason, then reality slips back into place and everything is as familiar as it should be.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    let the sharing begin

I like to sleep in a made bed, and it MUST have sheets as I rub my toes between the sheets as I fall to sleep.

I hate dirty feet, and I cannot touch foam yet I like my pillow to be filled with ripped foam for sleeping on.

and if you look at the picture below especially on the right side you will see something interesting about the mugs and glasses

we have the same coloured plastic drinking cups, we use them for the kids. i love 'm as they won't break/scratch etc
    INTP/5w4 sx

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    we have the same coloured plastic drinking cups, we use them for the kids. i love 'm as they won't break/scratch etc

yes the kids like them much! My oldest takes orange, my middle takes blue and my youngest takes green. They have matching plates as well. lol!
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    let the sharing begin

You sound like my GF...

Re: Beds and blankets - she has to have them made, and facing the right way. She cannot stand seeing a blanket that is facing the wrong way. (The famous story of her waking me up when I was napping because the blanket wasn't facing the wrong way... aie... that still happens).

Re: Feet, she's fine with feet, but HATES socks. If I ever put my socks up anywhere, she gets really upset...

Re: Mugs/glasses... I'm not allowed to stack the dishwasher or put things away. I do it wrong. And it also bothers her (but not too much!) if I use the wrong glass/plate... It's a damn plate, I eat off it!

Re: Clean bathroom. She does this too. She'll have piles of clothes everywhere, dog toys everywhere... but she'll rush in to clean the bathroom... which she JUST CLEANED. Hrmmmph.

My quirk? I like dishware. Seriously like it. Our little 550sq foot apartment can manage a 10 people 7 course meal with the dishes I have... and have leftover dishes. And I'm not kidding - I did it. I have more dishes than my parents... I do, however, lack serving dishes. And it actually has bothered me at night.

(I also likes pots and pans, but I don't have enough elements to use them )

Maybe not a quirk, but I like to write things out. Not a few lines, but I write huge gigantic essays on random topics (10k words+). Then I erase them.