User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Quirks

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Whenever I get out of the shower I listen to So Fresh & So Clean by Outkast I just don't feel as clean unless I do.
    by @magpie

4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I have to check the stove, oven and heaters at least 3 times before I leave the house.
    In my previous apartment where I had a gas stove, I'd check it every single morning before I left for work, to make sure it was off. If I had already left and was in the hallway and locking the door, and had forgotten to check the stove, I'd unlock the door, go back in, and check it.

I do the same thing with my curling iron. And making sure the door is locked.

In my new apt., I'm not AS paranoid about the stove since it's not gas, but I still check it a few times a day. ('s paid off! My brother left the oven on for a few hrs the other night!! It would have stayed on overnight if I wasn't rather OCD about checking it!)

Hmm...what else.

I talk to my cat all the time. I'll sing to her too, in a really silly high voice, like little nursery-rhyme sounding songs that I make up on the spot.

I am rather a germophobe and carry those little wet-wipe things in my purse and will use them before dinner at a restaurant if I'll be eating something using my hands.

Also since I was a kid I've always showered/bathed before bed (not in the morning like most people), so bed = clean body. If I don't bathe before going under the covers, the bed becomes dirty and I'll then have to shift my showers to the mornings. (I know, that's pretty OCD)
    The bed either has to stay clean, or stay dirty. [Also I know this can be taken out of context.]

I am able to eat the exact same lunch every day for years. I've had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, yogurt cup, and granola bar for lunch for going on 3 yrs now?? (well, at least on work days) I'll mix it up though and I'll bring a microwave meal once a week. Oooh...I on the edge.

Related to this, college roommates teased me incessantly about my going through at least one bag of marshmallows a week, and almost every day I'd make smores in the microwave, minus the chocolate (with mini marshmallows, it takes about 16 seconds for perfection ;-).

Related to a childhood fear of bad guys breaking in and kidnapping or hurting me, I still sometimes tread my apartment warily when it's nighttime and I'm by myself.

Feeling weird now.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

I never go to class without a hot beverage to drink- even in the summertime
    I'm the opposite. I drink iced drinks even in the dead of winter!

6w7 sx/so

I have to relearn how to walk upright every morning

anything I place while tired I can find

anything I place while totally lucid I never find

in a restaurant I always try to sit in the seat where I can see everything

I bite my lip when embarrassed

I have this strange fear of taking food from my pantry and when I do take some I feel guilty

I purr when drunk...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I tend to insist on eating food in a certain order: grains, vegetables, then meat. I don't know why. I also only like to eat one kind of food at a time rather than mix them together, so that I can savor the individual taste of each one. For some reason, foods that are already mixed have their own rules.

That probably sounds a little crazy, but here you are.
    Actually, that sounds like food combining! Or one type of extreme food combining -- you are supposed to eat foods separately depending on how easy they are to digest. In this case, vegetables, grains, then protein. Except a true food combiner wouldn't be eating all three in the same meal.

Hard core food combining -- now there's a quirk.

I think eating foods at once or taking apart meals (like sandwiches) to eat the pieces individually is actually a common quirk. I much prefer mixing tastes, hence my love of buffets. Which I pronounce "boo-fays".

My bestfriend drinks his milk like a little retard. Always sips it from the side of his mouth. Like, what the fuck man, drink it like a normal human being.

My other bestfriend carries this abnormally large vat of lip-vaseline. It's portable for the purse, but it's probably the size of a nivea can.

That's pretty fucking drastic.

258 sx/so

I feel the compulsion to narrate animals and babies.

If I hurt myself, I'll narrate the story hyperbole and all and end with showing proof. Like, omg I sliced my finger open cutting a bagel yesterday, look! My friends tolerate this. :/

I can NOT sleep with socks on, or no blanket. If it's hot, I have to have at least a bed sheet over me. Just something. I can't sleep in such a vulnerable state so really, this is just logical :p
    There'd be no method if there were no madness ...