User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Quirks

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm, maybe the 'foods can't' touch' thing is relate to SP? I've never had qualms about food touching on my plate, I can't really imagine having a plate or a meal where your food doesn't touch each other. Especially on a regular basis.

I take it you guys don't do a lot of carry-out or lunch plates? Or eat big meals in one sitting? Because then the food definitely touches! Cafeteria food especially.

In fact, it kinda oozes into each other.

I'm just imagining foods with gravy and sauces. And my Western meals generally include a bunch of food being putting on one plate with everything pushed up on one another or else being downright messy, like mousaka and lasagna.

Wait scratch that, I just realized I generally have a really unhealthy diet consisting of eating out and inhaling my food.

Thanks guys.

I am peckish at buffets though. I get a little bit of everything for a taste I want so my plate looks very dainty compared to how I used to eat with food heaped upon food. Of course, I get at least 3 or 4 small plates.

And I always go for the most expensive, unusual food and hold off on fillers like bread, salad, and soup -- unless they meet my two requisites.

That's not so much a quirk as it is being efficient.

I'm not a gold digger. I'm just hungry.

MBTI
    infp

I often have meals most seem to associate with dinner for breakfast, such as pasta dishes. Some people seem to find this odd, but I never have. I was pretty shocked the first time someone reacted strangely to that.

I also have a weird thing where I only enjoy running late at night. I go running at around midnight in the summer because I enjoy the solidtude, and I enjoy looking at the world in a different perpsective from the day. "Real" runners tell me this isn't the most efficient way to get a work out, but to hell with them, I'm not trying to get a work out, just enjoy myself.

Apparently I'm "insane", to quote a friend, so I guess that qualifies as a quirk :P I'm not entirely sure what makes me insane.

I sometimes hear the distance whistle of a train. Once in a while when I wake up I'll hear a train, or I'll hear it walking around my neighborhood. When I bring it up, people usually say that they did not hear anything and that there are no train tracks within ear shot. however, I have one witness who also heard the train one time, so I'm pretty sure its real and i'm not crazy.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I also have a weird thing where I only enjoy running late at night. I go running at around midnight in the summer because I enjoy the solidtude, and I enjoy looking at the world in a different perpsective from the day. "Real" runners tell me this isn't the most efficient way to get a work out, but to hell with them, I'm not trying to get a work out, just enjoy myself.
    I used to do this all the time. I went in bare feet, too. Felt kinda ninja-like, almost.

I got paranoid about being murdered or raped or something though, so I stopped for the most part.

It's really neat though, how it's almost like a dream world at night, with absolutely nobody around and you're invisible and silent, ghostlike.

It's also cool to walk around a bit before dawn, when even less people are around.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    There are times where I think about a word, and wonder if that's the right word. Like the word "window." In one of those moments, I'll think about the word "window" and think that it suddenly sounds completely foreign and I'm at a loss for (just a second or two) what it means! It happens with objects too...they seem completely alien for some reason, then reality slips back into place and everything is as familiar as it should be.
    Yes, this happens to me! Especially with looking at a word written down and going 'is it really spelled that way?' how WEIRD! It'll go back to normal soon enough, but it'd bizarre and a little wonderful when it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    M&Ms always have to be sorted by colors. Can't have more of one color than another. If there is, I'll eat them down until there's the same number of each color. bleh.
    Haha, yeah, I'll grab a handful of M&Ms and eat that handful down until each colour has the same number of M&Ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Somtimes I talk to myself while pacing, like I'm carrying on a conversation with another person. I might even make gestures or facial expressions like another person is there. I'm not schizophrenic, I swear!
    I do this, but usually only when I'm by myself after I've had an actual conversation which was surprising or awkward or something unusual like that. I'll replay the conversaton from my POV (complete with lip movements and expressions) in a way to sort of re-examine what happened and my reactions, and maybe to try out a few more responses which I could have said. I usually do it without thinking, although I try and stop when I'm around other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes when I do get creeped out, I have to "run" when I go to a room of the house by myself, or I turn on all the lights as I go. Some nights, I am fine in the dark; but the heebies-jeebies can still get me otherwise.
    I get a little bit like this - my room is situated at the back of the house, and when everyone's asleep, the hallways can be quite dark. Most of the time I'm fine walking through the dark, but every now and again I'll have to really fight the urge to speed up and glance worriedly over my shoulder.

Whenever I get scared I try my utmost to stand up straight, walk as leisurely as I would have otherwise and look straight ahead. Just to prove to myself I can remain composed.

(This is also why I don't watch horror flicks... they freak me out and give me waay too many ideas.)

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I often have meals most seem to associate with dinner for breakfast, such as pasta dishes. Some people seem to find this odd, but I never have. I was pretty shocked the first time someone reacted strangely to that.
    I've had breakfast foods for any meal, especially when I'm on my own and have to conjure up a meal from whatever's in the cupboard...

Also, I have a tendancy to get totally absorbed with things even when doing something else.

Like I might be in the middle of watching a movie or TV show, and then notice my nails are dirty (or I've got some raggedy skin next to my nails, or something like that)... I'll have to pause the show in order to clean them (or neaten them, etc). For some reason I can't ignore it until later, and it absorbs me so entirely that I won't pay any attention to whatever else I was doing, even though it might be really interesting, too.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    I do this, but usually only when I'm by myself after I've had an actual conversation which was surprising or awkward or something unusual like that. I'll replay the conversaton from my POV (complete with lip movements and expressions) in a way to sort of re-examine what happened and my reactions, and maybe to try out a few more responses which I could have said. I usually do it without thinking, although I try and stop when I'm around other people.
    Oooh, I do that too. I try to evaluate what I could have said better in the conversation. Usually I'm funnier or smarter than I was during the actual conversation. I do it a lot in the car.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hmm, maybe the 'foods can't' touch' thing is relate to SP? I've never had qualms about food touching on my plate, I can't really imagine having a plate or a meal where your food doesn't touch each other. Especially on a regular basis.

I take it you guys don't do a lot of carry-out or lunch plates? Or eat big meals in one sitting? Because then the food definitely touches! Cafeteria food especially.

In fact, it kinda oozes into each other.

I'm just imagining foods with gravy and sauces. And my Western meals generally include a bunch of food being putting on one plate with everything pushed up on one another or else being downright messy, like mousaka and lasagna.

Wait scratch that, I just realized I generally have a really unhealthy diet consisting of eating out and inhaling my food.
    While I'm not an SP I don't like it when the foods on my plate mix, and I generally try to keep them separated, but I have no issues at all when the food is supposed to be mixed, I like lasagna. HP Sauce can go on just about everything.

I eat out a lot, in fact it's rare for me to cook anything. Thats more of a safety thing though, I find cooking at least when it's just for me to be so completely boring that I often get sidetracked. Nothing like putting something in the oven thats only supposed to be in there for 20mins, just to walk by the kitchen hrs later and be instantly reminded that you forgot your food. I have no problems cooking for other people though..

Yes, this happens to me! Especially with looking at a word written down and going 'is it really spelled that way?' how WEIRD! It'll go back to normal soon enough, but it'd bizarre and a little wonderful when it does happen.
    I do the same.

Haha, yeah, I'll grab a handful of M&Ms and eat that handful down until each colour has the same number of M&Ms.
    I tend to eat them in order from the ones with the most to the ones with the least.

I also can't stand the texture of certain things. Tomatoes for example. I have no issues with pizza sauce, or some types of pasta sauces, or ketchup, or even tomato soup, but I can't stand chunks of tomatoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    I tie my shoes by making "bunny ears" and tying those together b/c I never learned the "right" way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oooh, the bunny ears method -- I don't think I've seen that one before (and great sig too).
    Mister Rogers used to teach that method on tv. I taught it to my kids, but I didn't realize until it was too late that you can't really get the knot very tight with that method.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I also can't stand the texture of certain things. Tomatoes for example. I have no issues with pizza sauce, or some types of pasta sauces, or ketchup, or even tomato soup, but I can't stand chunks of tomatoes.
    Ohh, that's me with onions. *shudder* Even the tiniest little bits will totally gross me out and put me off my food as soon as I crunch on them or otherwise become aware of their presence. I have contemplated telling everyone I'm allergic to onions, just so I can avoid them. But onion powder I have no issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hate to bust another food theory of yours!!

My family still tease me relentlessly for not letting my food touch. (Like, omg, let it drop already... ) I don't do it so much anymore (and I can deal with takeaway or similar where you don't get a choice), but I generally still prefer to eat the different foods seperately.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I enjoy paying my bills.

MBTI
    INFj

I'm dishonest with my SO about how much I enjoy his sister's spaghetti sauce. He loves it. I say I do. I pride myself on being honest, but I can't burst his bubble about it. Seriously, his family does meat and potatos for the majority of meals, and this is least bland thing they make. I still don't enjoy it that much. The texture is all wrong.

I will leave myself logged into a computer terminal at the university library, with papers strewn on the desk and my napsack under the desk (containing my wallet and cell phone) and then leave the library. I'll grab lunch or coffee at the cafeteria, or leave the campus to go to the public library across the street. I have minimal concerns that anything will be stolen. I'm more concerned that people will delete things from my network storage.

I also eat in the library, and no one says anything. I believe eating is against the rules, especially while using the computers, but no one ever says anything about it.

Tying my shoes: (After the first knot), I make two bunny ears and tie them together. It seems to stay tied much better than the singular bunny ear-slipknot method (over, under, around the tree). My SO agrees. He also says they aren't double knots.