User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Quirks

MBTI
    INFJ

I dip everything in ketchup... eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips...

I'll only get out of bed if the clock's on an odd number & both feet have to hit the floor at the same time.

I refuse to wear different shades of the same color!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not the only one who will only get out of bed if the clock is on an odd number!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post

I'll only get out of bed if the clock's on an odd number & both feet have to hit the floor at the same time.

I refuse to wear different shades of the same color!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not the only one who will only get out of bed if the clock is on an odd number!
    Not quite the same thing and not really a quirk, but every once in a while I will wake up during the night at the exact same minute on an hourly basis...i.e 2:44, 3:44, 4:44. Very strange.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post

I do the same thing with French Salad dressing.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Not quite the same thing and not really a quirk, but every once in a while I will wake up during the night at the exact same minute on an hourly basis...i.e 2:44, 3:44, 4:44. Very strange.
    *shudder* I still remember waking up at exactly 3 am on the night that I'd just watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

*shudder* I still remember waking up at exactly 3 am on the night that I'd just watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose!
    Oh -- great movie to be watching late at night with all the lights off! (right after The Ring ).

Sometimes when I do get creeped out, I have to "run" when I go to a room of the house by myself, or I turn on all the lights as I go. Some nights, I am fine in the dark; but the heebies-jeebies can still get me otherwise.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes when I do get creeped out, I have to "run" when I go to a room of the house by myself, or I turn on all the lights as I go. Some nights, I am fine in the dark; but the heebies-jeebies can still get me otherwise.
    If I am tired or feeling sick, I will tend to scare easily about stuff that I know is irrational.

MBTI
    GONE

I HATE drinking alcohol out of plastic cups to the extent that I carry a glass cup in my purse
    I think that's a winner right there! Re: Quirks. That gives you personality! Hahhaha.

I'm getting flashbacks to Zerg and Uber's OkCupid thread. I'm imagining you tossing in that quirk somewhere in your profile to add some 'color'.

I heard that Nicolas Cage carried around his own antique silverware set to use at restaurants.

I can't think of any quirks right now.

Wait, yes I can.

I fidget a lot, including dancing in place when I feel like it. I used to have a habit of swinging my legs when sitting but I but I put a curb to it. It's so unladylike. Oh, and I buy water by the gallon-fuls. I'm very picky about the taste of water and a lot of brands are yuck. And I'm always worried that I'm not getting enough which you know, will cause all sorts of cosmetic (and uh, yeah health) related havoc on me.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Where do I start?

First of all, I constantly have to do weird things with my fingers.
    Motions of sorts. A good example is that I'll tap the respective fingers of each of my hands together, in order from pinky to thumb, and then again from ring finger to pinky, and then middle finger to ring finger, etc...

I sometimes have this habit where I have to make it to a landmark before a car does. So I can hear a car coming up from behind me, and then start walking really fast to get to the lamp-post before it does.

Sometimes, when I have to do some simple task, I'll get stuck on deciding what is the most efficient way to do it. This can cause me to move back and forth like a robot as I am torn between two options. Sometimes I can't stop it even as I am aware of it. The worst time it ever happened, I eventually said to my brother "won't you stop me for God's sake?".
    It's the closest thing I have to OCD.

I'm sure there are more.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If I have multiple foods on my plate, I have to eat a bite or two of each one and move on to the next, so you have the contrast between the different flavours. They can't touch though, that's gross. I also mix weird foods (cheese + nutella = deliciousness!).