User Tag List

First 12

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Victor... I don't get why you try to drag the flaw of MBTI into this. Unless you mean to say MBTI types is used as the means of creating a "us vs them" mentality? Regardless the thread's about the need to REDUCE it... therefore has nothing to do with typology at all.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

To consider other human beings without realness or personal connection means death to each person involved in that exchange.

IMO one function of groups is to preserve the individual by recognizing the minority which, in turn, recognizes the group.

Doesn't make much sense when I reflect on that statement but it did when I made it.

Most people might envision a world made of themselves and an inner circle. That is not correct though. Everybody is related in some way, yet it's hard to perceive this.

Actually I'm talking off the top of my head so nevermind. Well, it gets into morality imo.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Well, it gets into morality imo.
    Thats part of the point. Nature vs Nurture.

Nature - You can only, scientifically, be expected to really CARE on a personal level for X number of people

Nurture - Despite this natural restriction, humans are being called upon to increase that number exponentially and care, really, meaningfully CARE about every other person on the planet.

• Starving Children In Africa
    • Protestors in China and Iran
    • Global Warming issues for generations to come
    • Natural Resources issues
    • AIDS patients
    • Homeless People
    • Unemployed People
    • Battered Wives
    • Children without music opportunities

The list could go on and on and on. There is no lack of causes to work on behalf of to help people you don't know. But we're expected to feel for ALL of them in a morally, obligatory way. If you were to say 'I don't give a crap about Battered Wives' the social backlash from those around you would be interesting.

Peer pressure, social expectations, (Especially in Western Society) dictate that we should try to help EVERYONE in need. With the world 'becoming smaller and smaller' with faster communications... the list only increases.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

A person doesn't have the resources to do it all unless they spread themselves so thin they're of no use to any of the causes. It is better to pick one or two that you can manage to some effectiveness while still understanding they're not the universe. We all only have so much time and resources, however, and society is never happy.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Something interesting relating to topic... (maybe)

There's No Such Thing as Too Many Friends
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca