User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's So Awesome About Your Life Right Now?

Default What's So Awesome About Your Life Right Now?

I've noticed on these boards, and in life in general - not try to make false accusations or anything - that people tend to talk about all sorts of stuff that's just so - well - almost, depressing... from how their work sucks to all their relationship woes, who they've cheated on, and who's cheated on them... and all that. And I've just gotten in one of those moods where I feel like saying, "That's enough! Things have got to change!"

So, I've decided to make a thread specifically for us to appreciate the things in our lives that are awesome.

For me, well, there are actually quite a few awesome things about my life. Saving the best for last, and starting with the second-best (he'll understand)... I have an awesome husband. We're perfect for each other. He's like pretty much everything I like and everything I've wanted, and he's made my life so much happier than it was before I met him.

Then, there's our home. It's everything I had made a mental list of that I wanted. It's a decent trailer, kind of in the country but not in a trailer park, just a couple miles from my school, for fairly low rent, with free lawn upkeep and seven awesome neighbors.

I am on the way to, despite what most would expect, starting a good career with the help of the dean of the school of business who respects me as one of his "most logical" students. (Is that a good thing?) And, in the mean time, we are being taken care of financially, and I even have a decent credit card that I got through a good credit record that I had no idea I had.

And whether people like to hear it or not, my God is awesome; and He always looks out for me and gives me so much, even when I don't deserve it. Based on who I am, what I have, and what I've done, I shouldn't even still be alive and have all these awesome things to think about.

I mean, I'm socially impaired, used to be harder to get along with than I am now I suppose. I really never had the shown interest of any guys before the right one came along and had made VERY few friends until I got my life straight. And, besides, I'm so odd I thought I'd NEVER find anyone to relate to, lol.

I'm visually disabled and have not really had the opportunity to make a name for myself financially; but yet we're doing good. I couldn't ask for it any better. I mean, me and Wallie have talked about this. As much as people never expected me to make it on my own financially or just be able to face the world in general, we've got it pretty good - better than our parents did even.

And I am being basically given this education that I couldn't have had otherwise through scholarships and whatnot. And, with the way God's given me His favor thus far, these people don't need to worry. I know He'll give me a good job when it's time.

Come to think of it, these days, I have it better than anyone that ever thought I wouldn't make it. *shrugs*
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

I would say the people my children are turning oldest is getting ready to turn 11 in a couple days.
    He is just so the gifted classes at school, and an athelete. Being an ISTJ in training, he is amazingly responsible. I never have to tell him to do his homework. He has the neatest friends (who currently are always at our home hanging out).
    My almost 10 year old ENFJ is also intellectually advanced. The kid is so kind and never, ever in trouble. He is responsible and so caring. He can turn my cold, black heart (INTJ heart, small small small like the Grinch ) in to feeling things I never thought possible. He has a natural talent for writing and is such an incredible communicator.
    My fiesty, trouble-making 7 1/2 yr old daughter is teaching me all about the drama, trauma and fun it is to be an ISFJ girl. She wears me out, somehow she notices every single trend, fad, and thing going on with every other girl within a 100 yards. She brings imagination into our lives and some real challenges.

These are the people I can most affect.........the ones God entrusted me to bring to maturity....
    I feel priviledged to be afforded such an opportunity.

A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

9w1 sp
    INTj Ni

Well, not to jinx myself (lol), but...

1. My career fucking kicks ass. The past 5 years I've worked for the same company and I've seen it do almost nothing but accelerate in the marketplace. When I came on board, the company had just produced its 2nd or 3rd month in the black, followed by one in the red (by a same amt), followed by another month in the black and the financial results were all in the black ever since; even to this day. We are truly kicking ass, taking names and laughing hysterically about it. And as always, that kind of performance comes with a nice paycheck and bonus for everyone... More importantly though, in the past 2 years I've had the opportunity to take on more advanced responsibilities and play with more advanced technologies since the senior guys in my department left the company, and that is truly "resume-building" stuff.
    Obviously there are worrisome things about this, but I don't let it get to me much. For one thing, my worst fears about the company's direction 1-2 years ago never came to fruition, so I have faith in the idea that we can get ourselves through a lot. Destructive forces that influence a company's direction can be slain with the right monetarily-motivated long-term thinkers at the helm. Or to put things differently: When something is important enough, temporary misdirection may be corrected swiftly enough. The right people will find themselves at the helm if it is meant to work.

2. I actually have a decent group of close friends, for the first time in my life. I've had close friends before but never the 'integrated group' that I have now--much of which I owe to the connecting nature of my one ENTJ friend. The whole group has its ups and downs, to be sure, but the fact that we all care about each other is what matters most.

I am once again healthy and I'll never take that for granted again. I moved from high density housing to the country where the most annoying loud noises are the bluejays, cardinals and woodpeckers trying to outdo each other. I have a wonderfully supportive husband who understands that part of being wonderfully supportive involves not being there all the time. My parents rock. I'm pretty damned fortunate and I know it.

This signature left intentionally blank.

INFj None

My kids are pretty great people and are doing pretty well right now.

I like my husband a lot and it is mutual.

We were thinking about replacing our second vehicle, but we did not and that is a very good thing since the GM UAW strike might indirectly cause us temporary financial difficulty. (I'm going to stick my neck out and give God (and Don) credit for bringing me to my senses on that one.)

I'm having a good time listening to free podcast novels.
    Last edited by cafe; 09-25-2007 at 09:43 AM.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Senior Member Array

The fact that I just read nocturne's post (above) and now I'm starting off my teaching day with a huge smile and...

...I'll spare you the mushy stuff.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

1. I have three wonderful kids.
    2. I don't feel suicidally depressed constantly, for the first period of time in ages.
    3. I feel like I have friends who care.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

No me digas, che! Array Recoleta's Avatar

I started grad school being very worried that maybe teaching was not what I wanted to do, and was also very afraid that I couldn't afford it financially. However, I'm fully gonna give the credit to God that He provided me with an awesome GTA (graduate teaching assistant) position in tutoring undergrads in Spanish that basically covers all my expenses...and I LOVE my job! My students are awesome and I have a great time working with each of them.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

1. I found MBTI Central, and a lot of people with similar interests.
    2. I finished my homework, and I have a couple hours to post now.
    3. I listened to my favorite CD.
    4. I had an interesting discussion recently.