User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Thread: Time Travel

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The 90's. Knowing what I know about how the internet developed, I'd make a killing if I could rewind back to the 90's.

I'm drooling just at the thought of registering all the premium domain names.

violaine

Several hundred years into the future please... I'm pretty sure I would have been someone's servant in the past. (I love the idea of Victorian England and Rome at it's peak but too much social inequity. I couldn't be happy in those times even if I were top-tier.)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    This is so funny to me. I remember my mom wearing shoulder pads and red lipstick. Platforms and nylons with seams in the back.

As most style does, in about twenty years, in the 70's, that look came back for a while. Bette Midler was a big deal right then and did a lot to promote it, camp-like.

I bought a suit with a peplum on the jacket, platforms, shoulder pads and I felt like a little girl playing dress-up in my Mom's clothes.

When Mom saw me she asked why I was wearing such out-dated clothing!
    too funny!

Jaye and I are also big fans of retro fashion. I bought THE cutest peplum - black and white polka dot silk - that you put on over a tight white button-down blouse. I keep looking for an opportunity to wear it. If you like the original make-up, go over to Besame Cosmetics online and have a field day.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    too funny!

Jaye and I are also big fans of retro fashion. I bought THE cutest peplum - black and white polka dot silk - that you put on over a tight white button-down blouse. I keep looking for an opportunity to wear it. If you like the original make-up, go over to Besame Cosmetics online and have a field day.
    I have lots of 40s and 50s clothes, as well. I really want a sweet 1940s suit, ala Roz Russell. I also have a book on retro hair and makeup. Gotta check out that site!

I'd like to have been in my 20's 1965-1975. Nice cars. Good music.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I have lots of 40s and 50s clothes, as well. I really want a sweet 1940s suit, ala Roz Russell. I also have a book on retro hair and makeup. Gotta check out that site!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTx

The 60s and 70s

MBTI
    ISTx

Anyone want to start a 40's era cult? We'll close ourselves off from modern society and just swing dance and shit.

*flicks lighter* *burns a Lucky Strike*

Enneagram
    1w2

Merged If you could live in another era what would it be? and Time Travel
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

The time of First Contact [Star Trek]