User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a fast or a slow walker?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fast walker, I'm an E

17 22.08%
  • I

44 57.14%
  • N

50 64.94%
  • S

8 10.39%
  • F

28 36.36%
  • T

30 38.96%
  • P

36 46.75%
  • J

22 28.57%
  • Slow walker, I'm an E

6 7.79%
  • I

15 19.48%
  • N

13 16.88%
  • S

6 7.79%
  • F

11 14.29%
  • T

11 14.29%
  • P

15 19.48%
  • J

4 5.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i hope your new house has a deck. i like decks.

Oh me too, there something about the feel of wood that I just love. I used to love carving wood and building things I had designed back when I was in school.

Ok, but you may have to dawdle for 5 minutes longer.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Oh me too, there something about the feel of wood that I just love. I used to love carving wood and building things I had designed back when I was in school.

Ok, but you may have to dawdle for 5 minutes longer.
    if i dawdle for 7 minutes will you build a deck and make one of those chainsaw carvings of a bear?
    because that would be a little piece of heaven.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a very fast walker. Maybe it's because I have long legs.
    I trip and bump into things, a lot too. XD

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am very slow... But I am short, two steps for me equals one step for an average person. I really don't think that excuses my slowness though, maybe I just don't take big enough strides. I am actually getting tested on how quickly I can walk a mile tomorrow, I'm usually at the end of the pack even when I am trying to move quickly, hehe.

I am an ultra slow walker.

I don't so much take in the scenery, I become the scenery.

I like to savor my walks and savor my food and savor my friends.

I even like to take my time with cats and dogs.

But most of all I like to take my time with myself. So I take three hour baths where I watch my thoughts for as long as I like, then I allow my imagination to run free, then, when they have had their fill, my thoughts stop.

After three hours my thoughts stop suddenly and completely. And there I am wide awake but no thoughts.

But as soon as I get out of the bath my thoughts start up again, all by themselves. I think that's quite clever, don't you? Who would have thought that thoughts have a life of their own?

And indeed, why would we think this when we are thinking with these very same thoughts? Yes, the only way I know to see my thoughts is to step outside them - and this means letting them slowly, oh so slowly, come to a stop.

I let my thoughts have a rest for a while so they may return relaxed and refreshed.

So when I go for a walk, I am not inclined to hurry. I let my thoughts cling to branches, follow the vistas, enjoy the architecture, be fascinated by the people. And then I let my imagination go, and I imagine I am dancing among the branches, along the vistas, around the architecture and with the people.

Yes, as I am walking along the street, I am also imagining I am dancing. So I am doing two things at the same time. It's intoxicating.

And being so intoxicated, I walk very slowly to savor the moment, and keep myself safe on the road.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    <snipped awesomeness>
    That's very well put, Victor. I would love to savour life and it seems that walking slow is a great way to start doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    That's very well put, Victor. I would love to savour life and it seems that walking slow is a great way to start doing that.
    My father said he could enjoy anything as long as he did it slowly enough.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My father said he could enjoy anything as long as he did it slowly enough.
    I've always liked the idea of Slow Movement.

Default The Slow Train to Ecstasy

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I've always liked the idea of Slow Movement.
    Ecstasy is stepping outside the taken-for-granted.

And what do we take more for granted than our thoughts. The accompany us wherever we go.

And as we become faster and faster, our thoughts keep pace and also become faster and faster. Until they, and we, can become quite frantic.

On the other hand as we become slower and slower, our thoughts become slower and slower with us.

Our thoughts follow us more closely than a lover. In fact our thoughts do love us and sometimes they love us to death.

But almost all of the time our thoughts are essential for our survival.

So any attempt to turn off our thoughts must first face our survival instinct.

And our survival instinct ensures that we feel overwhelming fear if our thoughts threaten to come to a stop.

Our thoughts are like a radio station - the only sin in a radio station is 'dead air', that is silence. For dead air means a dead radio station. And in like manner, dead air inside our heads signals to our survival instinct that we are dying - so it will do anything to get us thinking again.

And we can't take on our survival instinct directly and win. So we must be as cunning as a fox.

So we don't stop our thoughts, we merely slow them down. We allow them free to play among themselves. And they are put off their guard and they relax. And they start to enjoy themselves, they find they can imagine anything they like - and they do.

And we let our imagination take its fill. Until tired and happy, even exhausted, it falls asleep. And this is the moment we have been waiting for. Here we are, wide awake, but no thoughts.

The world is exactly the same as before, except each moment is delicious - each moment is a delicious surprise.

And as we start to move again, our thoughts stir themselves and wake and move with us - relaxed and refreshed after a little sleep - la petite mort - a moment of ecstasy.
    Last edited by Mole; 07-26-2009 at 08:47 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP

I walk extremely fast, to the point where even in NYC, I'm passing people. And I find it amusing to walk past my school's track team when they're "running" near the end of their practice around our hallways when it's raining.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%