User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Do people's MBTI types influence who you mingle with?

It seems there's a decent bit of the "social circles" thing here on the forums. Do you put forth more energy in socializing with types that you tend to gravitate towards, whether it be in theory of which types are more compatible and harmonious together or, maybe, types that you admire or enjoy the company of IRL?

Basically, are you biased?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Not at all. I just see interesting posts or interesting thoughts or interesting interests/taste, irrespective of type.

MBTI
    INFP

No, definitely not. I have maybe a few people I always look to see what they've posted if I notice their name in the "Last Post" column, but otherwise I tend to go by what's been said rather than who said it (or what type they are).

I find I gravitate towards... whomever I gravitate towards. I don't think there is a single type here that I haven't made a friendly gesture towards to see what would come of it. What is telling is the type of people that have returned the interest.

Seems to mostly be ENTPs, INTPs, INFPs, INFJs, and on occasion INTJs in my experience.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    No, definitely not. I have maybe a few people I always look to see what they've posted if I notice their name in the "Last Post" column, but otherwise I tend to go by what's been said rather than who said it (or what type they are).
    +1

Alot of the time I will not even know the type of the poster until after I've read their post and had an agree or disagree reaction.

I like (in a social way) people of every different type on here.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I find I gravitate towards... whomever I gravitate towards. I don't think there is a single type here that I haven't made a friendly gesture towards to see what would come of it. What is telling is the type of people that have returned the interest.

Seems to mostly be ENTPs, INTPs, INFPs, INFJs, and on occasion INTJs in my experience.
    I read: I love N's. Screw the S's!!!

I'm also paranoid.

Phantonym

Nope. Not in the least bit. Here, in the forums, I might occasionally pay more attention to posts by people on my friends list but otherwise, type has very little to do with it. People can have better days and not so great days when posting. And that definitely affects their posts to a certain degree. I'm always interested in what people have to say.
    In real life, when communicating, type is absolutely irrelevant. It's the person behind the type I choose to communicate with, not the type itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I read: I love N's. Screw the S's!!!

I'm also paranoid.
    Sweetie, as you should recall I reached out to you, but you did not return the gesture... remember?

Also, the S'es are highly underrepresented here. That is the only conclusion I have reached.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    I

Not even in the least. Once I make friends, after I know people for a while, then I start to think about what type they might be. I think it would be silly to be close-minded and make friends based on a certain type that people are.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I can honestly say that I am biased towards P's mostly, and to some extent N's. But I do make exceptions. And there are SJ'd I like quite a lot as well. It just usually takes a little bit more time!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf