User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But who determines what 'provocative' is? That's in the eye of the beholder as well, sweety. And I think we all understand why these guys do what they do. Again, this is a rant/vent. There's no excusing what they do, nocap, no matter how confusing it is. You think you guys aren't confusing to us?
    Again, thank you, lol this is exactly that, a rant and a vent about how crappy it all is out there sometimes.

I'm just surprised at how many "well if you are asking for it" replies on this thread.

I also don't like the way my motives are being told to me, rather than acceptance of the motives I give. I've certainly spent years mulling over this subject because I've had to battle prejudice in clothes choices for most of my life.

Yeah, sure, this isn't as harsh as the "OMG stone her, her hair is showing" mentality, but it's a skip, hop and a jump closer than you think it is.

This thread has served it's purpose, not only am I more aware of the negative opinions that still exist at higher level than I thought it did in a different culture from the one I grew up in, I now know that it's my duty to continue pushing the bar and getting this attitude to change by refusing to cave into it.

I'm just going to go with the violent reaction that many other ladies recommended.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Well sure, but point is, it works. I'd love to see a discussion on what makes this ideal assertive man.

Mm, maybe. Or if I played it from the other side, I could say that men rarely do it because it rarely works, and leaves them open to harsh ridicule.

Maybe, have you seen a man ridiculed for asking a woman to dance? or just rejected?

Is it maybe easier to grab, that way the rejection can be blamed on the way a man went about it, rather than just on his ego alone?

I personally haven't seen a man being ridiculed for asking a woman to dance, rejected yes, but not blatantly ridiculed for asking.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have. But I deserved it!

I wasn't just asking her to dance. She said she wasn't willing to dance while she had her drink, so I finished her drink. She gave me another drink, how kind! *splash*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I have. But I deserved it!

I wasn't just asking her to dance. She said she wasn't willing to dance while she had her drink, so I finished her drink. She gave me another drink, how kind! *splash*

Actually, that would have made me laugh. You still wouldn't have a dance, at least not until you had replaced my drink (drinks being so expensive out and about these days lol), but the cheek of it would have a chuckle and a secret bonus point in your favour.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm nothing like that anymore though. I need at least 5 or so beers before I become anything like that. And since I quit drinking. :P

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Topic reminds me of this.

[YOUTUBE="2OBPaenkxdg"]Dave Chapelle on how women dress[/YOUTUBE]
    dave's skit reflects how i and most guys feel on this subject.

ladies, please watch and take notes
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    dave's skit reflects how i, and most guys, feel on this subject.

ladies, please watch and take notes

Duly noted, but men take heed too. There is no such thing as a ho's uniform. I've seen hookers in baggy sweats before, yet I don't see men running up to women in sweats assuming she is a ho.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I wouldn't care if women didn't dress at all. I'd still not start groping.

My point there was.. Why does women clothing a certain way have anything to do with men groping women. (strangers)?

Ain't that silleh? It's silly to me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^Unfortunately just smiling will already get you kissed or groped by strangers these days, clothes aren't even an issue, it's just an excuse they find convenient in some cases to hide behind *sigh*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Well sure, but point is, it works. I'd love to see a discussion on what makes this ideal assertive man.

Mm, maybe. Or if I played it from the other side, I could say that men rarely do it because it rarely works, and leaves them open to harsh ridicule.
    Well, I reckon there's plenty of tips between the different "how to seduce an..." and "seemingly innocent things that turn you on" threads. Maybe it's a cultural difference, but over here I've never seen groping or sexually aggressive behaviour actually work, it's always the smooth, self-confident guy who gets the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Maybe, have you seen a man ridiculed for asking a woman to dance? or just rejected?

Is it maybe easier to grab, that way the rejection can be blamed on the way a man went about it, rather than just on his ego alone?

I personally haven't seen a man being ridiculed for asking a woman to dance, rejected yes, but not blatantly ridiculed for asking.
    I have seen it!