Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    or else he's lying...
    maybe even exaggerating?

who'd ever admit to that anyway?
    What..just coz you apparently can't figure out how it works, no one would be able to pull it off?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    or else he's lying...
    maybe even exaggerating?

who'd ever admit to that anyway?
    Meh I do really love the attention I'm currently getting. I'll admit to that. Come to your own conclusions about the subject, I hope they will serve you in the future.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I think you've jumped to one too many conclusions there.

If I truly thought every guy was a lusting asshole I would never talk to anyone. But obviously there are guys like Shimmy who go to clubs and they're totally cool and just being themselves without the crazy grabbing. Poor Shimmy would be SOL if the girl jumped to the same conclusions you're jumping to.
    i researched my post in vain for the words "every guy" or "all guys" or anything of semblance to that.
    we're not talking about all guys. we're talking about the ones who engage in these sexual hostilities.

Don't assume that just because girls dance they're doing it for anyone or anything aside themselves and their own motives.
    again, you've missed what we're talking about.

it's not the dancing. it's 'provocative' dancing.
    i defined it prior to making my points.

really guys... pay close attention.
    no one should have responded for at least five minutes after my post. instead of speeding through with disagreement and fervor, try and understand -- y'know; do what you demand of men?

btw, hot avatar
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

But who determines what 'provocative' is? That's in the eye of the beholder as well, sweety. And I think we all understand why these guys do what they do. Again, this is a rant/vent. There's no excusing what they do, nocap, no matter how confusing it is. You think you guys aren't confusing to us?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But who determines what 'provocative' is? That's in the eye of the beholder as well, sweety.
    let's say that's true.
    who's doing the beholding?
    the lusty asshole, which means it's not up for the dancing woman to decide.

but actually, it's not quite that simple. society and biology [believe it or not... once again!] do have unwritten terms for definition of what is sexually provocative.
    relevant to the OP, these terms become incredibly loose in times of intoxication.

yes, there is a personal aspect in making this determination, but there are also universal cues.
    mimicry of sexual maneuvers are rather telling...

think about it -- there wouldn't be group fetishes if there wasn't any such thing as culturally defined attractiveness.

i was watching manswers the other day, and according to them [yeah, it's a ridiculous show, but so is the mythbusters and the crocodile hunter] a chicken can detect the most attractive woman in a club with consistency.
    how'dja figure them to be able to manage that?
    ya think they train it like the chicken who plays tic-tac-toe?
    doubtful.

You think you guys aren't confusing to us?
    what i think, is that people [both women and men] often either pretend to be confused, or refuse to accept the real answer, and instead make nauseating lamentations to their friends about it until something changes.

in this particular case though, there really is no definite metric, like you said.
    this is true for several reasons, two of which have been fleshed out in our few posts.
    the first being that there's no consistency [like when you said acting some certain way means you're interested in hooking up and it sometimes doesn't mean that] and the second being that no one really knows for sure what's definitely provocative.

these two are actually... basically the same thing, but they blame different people.
    actually, both parties are at fault.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok, again, even if she's giving off signals and being provocative..who's to say they are meant for you and not the stud next to you? It may not be fair, but biology dictates a female's choice. So guys might wanna double check that they are the lucky ones picked and be willing to go through the flirting process to see if she's possibly interested in you anyways.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP

right... but that still doesn't really eliminate the the lack of clarity. it only shifts confusion.
    that just means it's different part of her is impossible to figure out.

so what's a guy to do?
    hesitate or take the shot? i've never heard of a woman who's attracted by a hesitant man.

no. he's got to try, even though he doesn't know.
    sexual harassment is one thing, but that's not what you and i are discussing.

berb experienced sexual harassment.
    what you describe sounds more like poor communication, than misinterpretation.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I have no problem with a guy assuming that I'm into him and testing out if that is in fact the case. For that matter, I'll be flattered. It's the way in which that intent is made clear that makes the world of difference really. And I'll be straight forward as to whether I am in fact into him or not.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Never be ambivalent with a guy who is into you. That's why people get abducted. There are psychos. Good thing amargith is experienced with using zir chainsaw. (Good luck, logger.)

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I beg to differ. Being aggressive is a whole different league from being assertive. Aggressive is tactless and rude, while assertive is merely taking control. The line is not as thin as you might think, but obviously there are still a lot of guys who don't see it (groping, harassing etc.).
    Well sure, but point is, it works. I'd love to see a discussion on what makes this ideal assertive man.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Because the general consensus with men today is that they will be seen as old fashioned and that politeness is wack. They'd rather shove their junk in my back. I blame music videos.
    Mm, maybe. Or if I played it from the other side, I could say that men rarely do it because it rarely works, and leaves them open to harsh ridicule.