User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not allowed at the Roxy anymore because of the fight I started on this matter.

Grab my ass if you want, I hope it's worth the black eye I'm going to give you for payment. No one touches me unless I tell them to, and certainly not anyone that didn't even ask me my name before they tried.

I'm not a very violent person.. but that is one of those guaranteed things with me. Try to grab me or my friends, and I'll deck you on the spot. Nothing personal, just business.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Ladies, please don't get mad because of my next statement, but I actually like this culture, it leaves me to be to be the night in shining armour. Prince charming, etc.

Hell, last time I got 'bonus points' for not even insinuating anything sexual when I first met a girl. It actually hadn't even crossed my mind to do that when I met the girl. On the other hand, on the first planned date when I asked if I could kiss her, she said she already wanted to kiss me before but was too shy to ask, and loved me for taking control of that situation. I felt so proud for doing that the right way.
    You go, dude!
    See, now that's walking the line perfectly. You pulled off what so few men can. Decisiveness and assertiveness guided by respect and sensitivity. Go forth and spread the word, plz!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

heart on fire

My problem was more with women being too free to touch me. When I was in my twenties I was very, very thin and when I was working in a department store, women---strangers mind you---- would feel free to just walk up and put their hands on my waist and comment about it. I mean someone's body is a very personal thing. As a stranger, it's rude to comment on it and it's rude to just maul it like it's some public piece.

I hated, hated, hated it! :steam:

Edit: I realize it's off topic in this thread, but when I read the thread title, that's the first thing I thought of. "Hands off, I don't even know you!"

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

you should reap the benefits! why not?
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You go, dude!
    See, now that's walking the line perfectly. You pulled off what so few men can. Decisiveness and assertiveness guided by respect and sensitivity. Go forth and spread the word, plz!
    Thanks I'm trying my best to teach other guys (or at least my friends) this.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    My problem was more with women being too free to touch me. When I was in my twenties I was very, very thin and when I was working in a department store, women---strangers mind you---- would feel free to just walk up and put their hands on my waist and comment about it. I mean someone's body is a very personal thing. As a stranger, it's rude to comment on it and it's rude to just maul it like it's some public piece.

I hated, hated, hated it! :steam:

Edit: I realize it's off topic in this thread, but when I read the thread title, that's the first thing I thought of. "Hands off, I don't even know you!"
    I actually don't mind women touching me, but on that matter. I don't mind anything, anywhere, any time in general. I'm very laid back and open to any type of advances. If I don't like or want you you'll not get anything out of me either any way. If a girl would squeeze my but I'd probably just smile at her, and at worst, make a sarcastic reward. If you'd kiss me out of the blue and I'm in an open-minded mood already I would probably just make a sarcastic remark ("You're the worst kisser that ever harassed me." etc.) In recent years I've never been intimidated by anyone.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

There are guys out there that feel that if you dance too provocatively you better well deal with the consequences.
    it's probably not common knowledge [actually it is, but i'm cutting a little slack], but provocation means literally
    to incite action. therefore, dancing provacatively is by definition going to lead to what you're complaining about.
    if it doesn't, then it wasn't really provocative was it?

i'm all for teasing -- don't get me wrong -- but it's ridiculous to expect that you get to take without the other end expecting some reciprocity, whether they deserve it or not.

that is to say, if you're going to play by the well, fine, but it's just dumb to complain when you fall in.

i'm not telling you to stop or to shut up. i'm just trying to bring everyone's attention to how silly it is.

it might be fair or justified but it's not really... sensible.

Apparently, dancing and letting go is a sign that you're looking to get some...which can be true, but it would be nice if they didn't assume that from the get-go
    see, the problem here is that you guys don't excersize any consistency.

what's a guy to do? under these circumstances [i.e. "which [b]can[/n] be true": suggests that you use this to display variable intention] a guy is forced to take every shot, since he can't tell which signals are legitimate and which ones are teases.

the only three options are these:
    1) take all shots and be put down a lot
    2) guess [surely resulting in fewer opportunities, as he will be wrong
    as often as he is right]
    3) take no shots and be celebate

what's not fair is when there's no way to make any sort of determination on the woman's intention, and for them to be pissed when a guy doesn't accommodate appropriately.

berb, you've got to know you're playing with fire...
    you ought to be thankful you didn't get your whole arm blown off. [metaphor]

you wanna dance alone? dance at home.
    but i don't think that's what it's really about.
    that's why you don't dance at home. it's because there's an ulterior motive.
    one you and any other woman might not know is there.

i think a lot of women do want that kind of attention, but not for an explicit purpose.
    i think that because i know you're a lot smarter than you let on. you're better problem solvers than this -- no one's so stupid that they can't see at least the most obvious of the probable consequences inherent in their actions, and especially not after having experienced it several times.

no, what this is, is a nest of layered implied motives. a woman will dress 'provocatively' or some similar such way for one or both of two common reasons:

1: ego boost
    admit it ladies, guys aren't the only ones with inflated heads.

2: to complain/brag to their girlfriends
    as opposed to the male persuasion which tallies score by finishes, the female species has leads to rank one another with.

as in for example this thread.
    i think it's pretty clear that berb's interest is not in convincing the typologyC public of this, or changing their behavior, despite superficial appearances.
    that would be at worst, a lost cause, and at best, irrelevant to the happenings in her life.

this didn't happen at a typeC meetup did it?

it must have been something else.
    maybe i don't know what this is, but i do know what it isn't.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

You pulled off what so few men can. Decisiveness and assertiveness guided by respect and sensitivity. Go forth and spread the word, plz!
    responding to this i can reiterate in case the main point of my last post in case it wasn't clear.

you ladies don't make it very easy to be sensitive.
    forget that it's not the nature of a man with their particular biological make-up to take much concern over this kind of thing.
    it's downright challenging, damn near impossible to do even for other women.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think you've jumped to one too many conclusions there.

If I truly thought every guy was a lusting asshole I would never talk to anyone. But obviously there are guys like Shimmy who go to clubs and they're totally cool and just being themselves without the crazy grabbing. Poor Shimmy would be SOL if the girl jumped to the same conclusions you're jumping to.

Even if 75% of the women do what you're saying.. you're fuckin' over the 25% who don't by assuming.

Don't assume that just because girls dance they're doing it for anyone or anything aside themselves and their own motives.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No arguments from me Nocap, even on the ego boost and all the rest. But as I stated before in this thread, there are acceptable ways of approaching a girl that you perceive as 'receptive' becoz of the signals she emits (whehter that is her intention or not doesn't really matter) and there are just plain personal boundaries you don't cross without consent. Assuming at that point just doesn't cut it. At least make eye-contact first, smile, flirt a little using the eye-fuck, see if she reciprocates and build it up. At least give her a chance to say yes or no at every step you take.

And yes, I'm aware that venting about it isn't going to change reality and the jerks that feel they have a right to grope you. But this thread is about venting some frustration, which can be mighty fun
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    responding to this i can reiterate in case the main point of my last post in case it wasn't clear.

you ladies don't make it very easy to be sensitive.
    forget that it's not the nature of a man with their particular biological make-up to take much concern over this kind of thing.
    it's downright challenging, damn near impossible to do even for other women.
    And yet Shimmy pulled it off with flying colours...surely that proves it isn't as impossible as you consider it to be
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP

And yet Shimmy pulled it off with flying colours...surely that proves it isn't as impossible as you consider it to be
    or else he's lying...
    maybe even exaggerating?

who'd ever admit to that anyway?
    we fukin won boys