First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    No, it's so I don't care whether it's meaningless or not. All looking for relationships with meaning, honesty, and caring, have gotten me, is another chance to start over from square one(no money, no car, no job), again.

And yes, I am bitter. But eventually I will try again, because I am a sucker(no cynicism here).
    Yeah, I think I've started screwing myself over on getting the girls, but now my slower activation is at least keeping more money in my pocket and less "Game Over" resets.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

And yes, I am bitter. But eventually I will try again, because I am a sucker(no cynicism here).
    Check out this thread.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Check out this thread.
    Seen it.

Understood the points of view.

Identify with much of what was said.

Will go my own way.

And I do learn from my mistakes, the problem is finding out you made a new mistake before your life implodes around you.

I am entitled to a bit of bitterness and self pity once in a while. It's hard being Mr. Blue Sky all the time.

Phantonym

It's hard being Mr. Blue Sky all the time.
    It is? I'll make a note of it for the future...

MBTI
    INTP

The problem with bitter, though, is that it starts to see crappy treatment where none exists, and a lot of girls can see that coming and don't want to get blamed for stuff that happens naturally--like two people just not being compatible.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Topic reminds me of this.

[YOUTUBE="2OBPaenkxdg"]Dave Chapelle on how women dress[/YOUTUBE]
    Haha so true.

I wasn't wearing a skirt though, I was rocking this outfit:

Only difference is my vest was black my shorts were dark denim and my heels were black.

All accessorised to perfection of course.

And no, no pics, it was too packed in the club to make space for posing.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Yuck, maybe next time I should dress down more.
    Oh, yeah... that must be uncomfortable. You probably should. Dressing too scantily can make some men feel justified in acting that way (though it really doesn't justify them).

Personally, that's one of the reasons I've refused to go anywhere where people dance and/or drink. I always had the impression that a lot of the people who go dancing are the kind who like that kind of thing. Looks like you might have found out the hard way.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    The problem with bitter, though, is that it starts to see crappy treatment where none exists, and a lot of girls can see that coming and don't want to get blamed for stuff that happens naturally--like two people just not being compatible.
    Which is why I said "once in a while".

And when I find someone of interest, the bitterness evaporates.

No one I have ever known is sweetness and light all day, every day.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I have not been able to read all of this thread, as I am not on a computer at home. Sorry if I am repeating!

Obviously, no one has a right to touch others if it is unwelcome. On the other hand, people generally understand that if you don't want to up your chances of being the victim of a crime, stay away from dark alleys at night. This is the equivalent of frequenting dark alleys and being upset when something happens.

90% of communication is non-verbal. However the verbal element is also necessary because non-verbal communication could be interpreted one of several ways. Where miscommunication happens is when the verbal and non-verbal messages are not consistent.

So...if you don't want to be around people who will be freer with their hands than you'd like:

- stay away from places where that type of behaviour is normal and usual

- dress and dance in such a way that people do not think you might be open to their advances, (especially in combination with the venue you are in). You can still have fun dancing and look attractive without it indicating you are interested in anything else than having a fun night out.

- limit your amount of alchol consumption and leave once the people around you are drunk enough to no longer pay attention to inhibitions they would normally have.

- don't flirt with people when they've been drinking, because they will often assume you are interested in more whether that is accurate or not.

- when behaviour like that happens, make it very clear to the "offender" what you think of it. Embarrassment is a good deterrent for keeping it from happening again and also sends a defined verbal message. People are always going to test where you draw your lines of how you expect to be treated. This is an important one to draw very strongly if it matters to you. Others are also watching and notice what kind of care you show for your well-being and how you stand up for yourself. This doesn't mean there has to be a big scene, but it does need to be very direct.

I agree it is very rude and inappropriate, drunk or not. It indicates where they are at personally, were there less factors in their environment making it socially unacceptable for them to behave that way all the time.

I don't know what you are like in real life BerberElla. However, based on your avatars, there is definitely a strong sexual undertone, considering that it is the first impression that most people on the forum have of you. If you are sending the same vibe in real life, people will assume that you are interested in sex (whether you really are interested in sex with them or not!)

MBTI
    ESFJ

I haven't read all the pages. Know what i'd of done. I'd of behaved exactly the same. Equal rights and all that. Pinch my butt, i'll grab yours on my way to the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    So after a weekend of partying, I have to say I'm pretty pissed off with how free the guys hands are with the ladies.

I spent the better part of the nights fending off unwanted PHYSICAL advances, I mean what is up with that?

This one guy grabbed me and squeezed me so tight, I had to really claw my way out of his grip, I faced him to tell him to get lost and he swoops in for an uninvited, and unexpected kiss, which means being uprepared for it he actually managed to plant his lips on mine. :steam:

I just want to have a good time, dance BY MYSELF, is that really too much to expect?

What happened to going up to a girl and asking if she would like to dance?

Ladies ever experienced this groping hands hitting on you move? because it is without doubt even lamer than using cheesy lanes.

Alpha male syndrome? stupid male syndrome? immature?

Yuck, maybe next time I should dress down more.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe