Thread: Jness or Pness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I was tempted to correct mine in the first place

I should be a tad more specific, but I don't want to keep creating new threads for everything.

We need to make it a little narrower, but still broad. Be me some ideas. Like, Ne vs Se or something.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post

you need to loose your rigidity yet, so don't go spouting about jealousy arguments where they are obviously wrong.

That was just an observation. In the case I wanted to be rigid I would have said something like " I think that Ps are jealous quite often. Which is probably because they are aware of their flaws" . But I didn't say that because this is not what I think.

The fact is that I am surrounded by Ps. My entire county is full of Ps actually.
    But there were situation where it was clear that some people are a little bit jealous on my Jness. ( I never claimed that this something universal in P/J reltions)

(just to be clear)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Like what?
    Doing anything in general requires J, introverted judgment or extraverted judgment. You can gather potentials, but deciding and following through on any course of action or thought has to do with J. Perception of any kind just gathers information, it doesn't do anything with it. So J is useful, and required, in all areas of life, not just in doing "work."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

*hugs Lauren*

*spontaneously and systematically pushes her over*

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Doing anything in general requires J, introverted judgment or extraverted judgment. You can gather potentials, but deciding and following through on any course of action or thought has to do with J. Perception of any kind just gathers information, it doesn't do anything with it. So J is useful, and required, in all areas of life, not just in doing "work."

I.e., P enables us to think and J to carry that out/'work'. Work, when I spoke of it, yes, I was thinking of work-work...but, anything that is done is work, no?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    That was just an observation. In the case I wanted to be rigid I would have said something like " I think that Ps are jealous quite often. Which is probably because they are aware of their flaws" . But I didn't say that because this is not what I think.

The fact is that I am surrounded by Ps. My entire county is full of Ps actually.
    But there were situation where it was clear that some people are a little bit jealous on my Jness. ( I never claimed that this something universal in P/J reltions)

(just to be clear)
    Don't you mean, "in the case that I wanted to be less rigid..."?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I.e., P enables us to think and J to carry that out/'work'. Work, when I spoke of it, yes, I was thinking of work-work...but, anything that is done is work, no?
    Yes, that's why I put work in quotations. Everyone seems to be associating J with work-work, but I'm lazy as can be and my J is higher than most.

EDIT: Really, you don't have to carry anything out. J is just about choosing in general. Especially with INJs, J has more to do with the mental rather than the physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yup.

Oh yeah, and most don't understand how Jness presents itself in NJs vs. SJs.
    I was wondering if you will mention that.

Long ago in one thread I have said that NPs make one mistake in these matters which is that you are linking your N and P too closely. So they are the same thing in your eyes. What is not true.
    Actually most of your J/P conflicts are actually masked S/N conflicts.
    You said that Js don't make "awsomeness-hail-J threads" but if you take a closer look you will see that SPs don't do much J bashing either.

Since SJ:NJ ratio in population is at least 7:1 it is easy to place all Js under the same rug. In categories SJ,SP,NP and NJ the NJ is the rarest one.

Most of your creativity comes from your N but the same works for me.
    The J/P dimension in Ns determines nothing more the how calculated/rigid you are in your approach toward things.

(I am not saying that sensors can't be creative in their own way)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

This suddenly made me think about something slightly rude...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ Ditto