Thread: Jness or Pness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ Alright then. I think we should organize a miniature war haha

Now the question is, are J's or P's more random? I know J's can be pretty out there but P's....yea

Just look at my posts.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Ps, by a huuuuuuuuuuge margin. That's almost the very definition of P.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

As a ridiculously high-scoring P, 100% (not that I put too much stock on the tests being able to realistically capture)...I envy Jness and wish I had some.

Esp. for work. J for Jobs. For Play, P all the way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ You don't have any Jness? I have a degree, but it varies.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    ^ You don't have any Jness? I have a degree, but it varies.
    None!

I just came back from a meeting with my supervisor, updating on "4 weeks" of work, which I started and finished on the day it was due, i.e., in 12 hours of non-stop work, missing lunch and bathroom breaks. Work fine, even positive feedback on my 'novelty in analysis', but got taken to task for sloppy, dumb mistakes in presentation....I sometimes infuriate myself so much. Gah!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    None!

I just came back from a meeting with my supervisor, updating on "4 weeks" of work, which I started and finished on the day it was due, i.e., in 12 hours of non-stop work, missing lunch and bathroom breaks. Work fine, even positive feedback on my 'novelty in analysis', but got taken to task for sloppy, dumb mistakes in presentation....I sometimes infuriate myself so much. Gah!!
    Hhaha that sounds EXACTLY like me! I don't get in trouble for it though, especially in presentations, or having to demonstrate my work. People are captivated by my voice (literally, I have been told that).

Hhaha that sounds EXACTLY like me! I don't get in trouble for it though, especially in presentations, or having to demonstrate my work. People are captivated by my voice (literally, I have been told that).
    Well, this being statistical analysis of tables after tables (over 30 pages worth) for graduate school, it takes a bit more than a sweet voice. Stats and singing don't go voice to voice.

Honestly, it's a bit late for me to change my game around, you seem young, cultivate that J-ness now before it becomes even harder to change your spots. Literally, I piss a good portion of my potential away with my P-ness. I am just damn good at pulling shyte outta my ass when my adrenaline is rushing and my eyes are, every minute, flicking to the clock, race against time, and I can't imagine how much MORE AWSOME my work would have been if I had those extra minutes/hours to spare to go over my work and tighten it up. My first draft is always my final. It pays to learn to manage time better. Trust me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Well, this being statistical analysis of tables after tables (over 30 pages worth) for graduate school, it takes a bit more than a sweet voice. Stats and singing don't go voice to voice.

Honestly, it's a bit late for me to change my game around, you seem young, cultivate that J-ness now before it becomes even harder to change your spots. Literally, I piss a good portion of my potential away with my P-ness. I am just damn good at pulling shyte outta my ass when my adrenaline is rushing and my eyes are, every minute, flicking to the clock, race against time, and I can't imagine how much MORE AWSOME my work would have been if I had those extra minutes/hours to spare to go over my work and tighten it up. My first draft is always my final. It pays to learn to manage time better. Trust me.
    Ahh I should stop procrastinating! It is so damn hard though!
    I like potential, but my strong P is where it comes from! My incredible randomness, in the moment kind of things. I love it!

Ahh I should stop procrastinating! It is so damn hard though!
    I like potential, but my strong P is where it comes from! My incredible randomness, in the moment kind of things. I love it!
    Potential energy is a lame sitting duck without any transfer to kinetic energy....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Pness=recklessness, Jness=deliberation. The equivalent of a maniac with a battle axe against a wussy little guy with a rapier. It could be anyone's game, and both sides of the battle can be pretty damned cool. But in the end, the guy with the nunchucks will win.
    5 3 9