User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Extrovert/Introvert online friendships

About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central? Plus write if you are an introvert or extrovert.

Some other questions just for curiosity.
    Do you feel you have the same number of friends in real life?
    Do you think introverts might have more online friends because of being able to open up more?
    Are your emotional investments more/less with online interactions and are they able to satisfy your social needs?

Add any questions or comments you feel are relevant to the topic.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

Sniffles

I'm an introvert, and yes I've made some friends here. One even considers me very much like a brother.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I don't think I'll offend anyone by saying none. Introvert

1. no
    2. no. I think there will be more introverts with many online friends than there are extroverts with many online friends.
    3. no
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

about the same irl....a few close friends and a lot of others that i really like but only talk with occasionally.

extrovert
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central?
    - Well, there are people that I am friendly with, but I wouldn't call them friends. Introvert.

- No, I don't have many friends in real life. I don't need many friends in real life. I have 1 really good friend and two good friends in real life. That's three more than I have online.

Do you think introverts might have more online friends because of being able to open up more?
    - Non-NT introverts I would believe so. For me, 'online friends' can't replace friends in real life.

I met someone online once that I eventually met in real life, and it wasn't until then I considered that person a really good friend. Prior to that, I'd say more of an online aquintance.

Are your emotional investments more/less with online interactions and are they able to satisfy your social needs?- I use the internet to learn in a somewhat more controlled environment. I don't have social needs. I do have social wishes however.

I don't open up on the internet because I want to have more friends. I open up on the internet to learn about myself and others. But the times I've been most open, were all in real life. 1on1. Admittedly that does not happen much though. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central? Plus write if you are an introvert or extrovert.

Some other questions just for curiosity.
    Are your emotional investments more/less with online interactions and are they able to satisfy your social needs?

Add any questions or comments you feel are relevant to the topic.
    Zero real friends - introvert.

I have more friends in real life.

Maybe

More in real life, online community could never replace that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm an introvert, and yes I've made some friends here. One even considers me very much like a brother.
    *waves hands behind Peguys back and whispers: no no no*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've made a lot of friends online but I don't know how to define closeness. Either you are my friend, or not. Sometimes we are close, sometimes we are not. Extrovert.

I have more friends irl, but ironically they have somehow turned into online friends since I have been so busy these past few months (years).

It seems as if introverts are easier to be friends with online, but I don't know if they make more friends online, in general.

I don't know what emotional investments are. I tend to speak more about my emotions online than I do in person, partly because it never comes up in person. And the other part is because there is security in anonymity, so I won't get follow up calls later asking me about it. And also, gossip won't spread because no one knows my irl friends. But I wouldn't call it an investment. I have no social need for emotional investments, especially because I don't know what the investment is. I just tell people things, or I don't - I don't need to "trust" you to talk about my feelings. I just have to be in the mood.

Phantonym

0. Introvert.

No. "Friends" are more real in real life

Probably.

No. Maybe. I don't really have social needs that I cannot live without.

Default Extrovert

About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central?
    None really yet.

I haven't met any of my close friends in real life yet.

I think it's more a question of S/N. Most sensors prefer meeting their friends in real life.

I live at the internet. My environment is boring. I become more assertive through the internet though.