User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Mostly just aquaintences here, as entertaining as the discussions get. Most of my friends are RL, especially my inner circle; though I don't remember when my emotional needs have ever been met. Once I got close, but I got scared and ran away from that...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central? Plus write if you are an introvert or extrovert.

Some other questions just for curiosity.
    Do you feel you have the same number of friends in real life?
    Do you think introverts might have more online friends because of being able to open up more?
    Are your emotional investments more/less with online interactions and are they able to satisfy your social needs?

Add any questions or comments you feel are relevant to the topic.
    Extrovert.
    Close friendships on here .. Hmmm, there are only 2 females (you being one of them) that i have really opened up to. There are people here i would like to meet up with, just because they are super cool.

Online people are way better than IRL. Protection. Even friends IRL are still online so i don't really need to see them. Only 1 person i see on a regular basis and she is taking the freaking piss out of me.

Less emotional investment and it does satisfy my needs for the most part. Occasionally though, i would like to hang out with people and laugh instead of laughing in my living room alone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central?

None. Extrovert.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Extrovert.

About how many close friendships have you made on Typology Central?

Close friendships? Dunno how to define that online, I have people that I consider friends for different reasons, one person I consider a very close friend despite only knowing them online and maybe 5-6 others who I would remain in contact with even if they left the site as I consider them friends. The same goes for a couple of other forums. That said there's a whole bunch of other people that if I knew them irl I would consider a fairly close friend because of what we knew about each other and the connection that had been made.

Do you feel you have the same number of friends in real life?

It's different irl, I have more really close friends who see more aspects of me than can be seen online but most of my other irl friends would understand me less. I guess I count friends based on how well we know each other and how comfortable we are sharing personal things so I'm not really sure as I reveal a lot more here than I would otherwise.

Do you think introverts might have more online friends because of being able to open up more?

Err, I'm not so great with opening up myself and based on answers so far I seem to believe I have more people here I consider friends than the introverts who have posted.

The people irl that I have opened up to I've known for a hell of a lot longer than anyone here, people irl that I've known for the same amount of time as people here would not know anywhere near as much about me.

Are your emotional investments more/less with online interactions and are they able to satisfy your social needs?

More and less. I care just as much about those I consider friends and tend to know more about their problems but my inability to provide anything other than distant support means I'm somewhat disconnected at the same time.

And no, it doesn't satisfy all of my social needs.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Introver 1, with an extravert.