User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Fashion Fails

Dali

*douses every single striped shirt he has with petrol and takes a lighter to the heap*

I don't think I even noticed they had shirts. I couldn't stop looking at their hair and wondering if anyone ever tries to roll it into a point like a troll doll. It almost makes their awful popped collars invisible.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Attack of the orange guidos! :eek:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    * Those sundresses with the "waist" just under the bustline.
    I agree. Those dresses I think were made for preggo women for a particular reason.. Ugh, and those dresses that look like bags..

Usually it looks like this with a tighter wide elastic at the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    * when girls wear sweatpants with words/pictures on the ass. "Juicy" it is not, tacky

* men who wear too tight jeans and you see weird silly-putty molds on the front, quite clearly....it's disconcerting. MANEL TOES!

* dudes with unkempt long hair....I (wrongly, perhaps) associate that to their hygiene, and Fabio was never my thing

* Hawaiian shirts on men...just...NO. Reminds me of Florida retirees. (and along with that, those stupid shell necklaces "surfer types", white ringed, whatever)

* Crocs! Ugliest shoes ever invented
    I loved like your entire list, but these especially. I about flipped my lid when I saw my sister's lifeguard uniform has "Lifeguard" written across the ass. What kind of professional message does that send?!

As far as manel toes, we call them "Moose Knuckles." I also do the long hair equation.. Every so often (examples being the son on Dog the Bounty Hunter) it'll look well maintained and such, but otherwise it's just gross looking.

Hate the shell necklace thing. And people who enjoy crocs are dipshits, imho. I mean, they're expensive, ugly, and my brother says they made his feet sweat something crazy and ruined his feet for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Dudes wearing scarves, ala the Jonas Brothers.
    Gladiator sandals
    I dislike the gladiator sandal look too.. but guys wearing scarves? That's just too much. If it's not below zero, better reconsider.

Also

~ Those shirts with the HUGE GAPING turtleneck holes that you could fit a watermelon and your head through.
    ~ The whole pantsuit-skirt combo. I just think it makes women look frumpy and older. A nice pair of slacks and jacket looks 10x better imo.
    ~Popped collars
    ~Guys who wear those long-sleeve underarmor shirts and tight pants ala metrosexual style. Just the whole metro look in general makes my stomach turn.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

why do you care that much about what people where? seriously? I go to stores and most of the clothes I'd never wear but if you want to whatever, i don't care.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Dali

^ Clothes are art; some is stunning, some is good, some is so-so and some is downright ugly and people are entitled to their opinions as to what is what.

Of course, I'd never tell some random stranger that they looked trashy in those sagging baggy jeans and tons of jewellery but, you know, I would think it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My opinion of fashion is that it should be functional, not stupid.

I am one of those people who would take today's trends, tie it to a wooden pole, then put it on a slow turning spit while I shout 'Burn! Burn! Burn! Burn!" in a rythimatic chant in time with me banging a good sized stick into the ground.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

skinny jeans on guys! also much of what everyone else said.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well, looking good or stunning can be a function of clothing.. So when it fails, I can't help but notice. Clothing serves several functions, but when we try to incorporate style as a function sometimes it's a total flop. It's fun to point it out as well so that: A. I get to vent out what annoys the crap out of me and B. other people will read and hopefully take note
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Ugh I will agree with you on the gangster-playing-baseball hats.

I HATE guys that wear their jeans below their ass. If you can't figure out how to put a pair of pants on, I don't want to communicate with you. We'll definitely have nothing in common.
    It seems to have gone so far now, that the jeans are pretty much below the bottom, and 75% of the underwear is on display. It looks kinda uncomfortable /old.