User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Screen Names

Default Screen Names

Where did you guys get your screen names from? What do they mean? I explained mine in one of my first posts...

Well, first of all, it came to me one night when I couldn't sleep and wanted a new screen name.

To make a long story short, it is a reference to how I was, in a sense, ransomed from death (i.e. particularly suicide, and just the way my life was going in general before I got back in church... I came SO close to trying cocaine just the week before.) by "fire" in that, "God is a Consuming Fire," and also a reference to "baptism by fire" (the Holy Ghost).
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Zergling just seemed like a neat sounding, short name. (It's a creature from the computer game starcraft, basically a cannon fodder, expendable creature for some hive minded space aliens.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have several reasons for choosing this name:

1. Consistency and tradition. I use the same name in my e-mail address, several other forums, and as a login to several websites.

2. I admire the culture of the Athenians much more highly than that of the Spartans.

3. I have a tendency to identify with Athena more than the other deities, and think she had the better intentions behind her actions.

4. I just think numbers at the end of user names look right on the Internet, and it makes it less likely that someone else will have already taken my name. I don't know why I chose 200 exactly.

MBTI
    ISTP

Phyllobates Terribilis Gatsby

Speaking of which, I believe it is time I changed my name. It isn't appropriate for an engaged man now...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Phyllobates Terribilis Gatsby

Speaking of which, I believe it is time I changed my name. It isn't appropriate for an engaged man now...
    Or, we could just change the meaning behind it. Suppose we decide it means:

Philanthropist and Thinker Gatsby.

Just a thought.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Or, we could just change the meaning behind it. Suppose we decide it means:

Philanthropist and Thinker Gatsby.

Just a thought.
    ... I'm not sure that would be quite right. More like Ruthless and methodical Gatsby, judging by what people normally say about me.

I think I should go back to my SpectralShift nick.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

... I'm not sure that would be quite right. More like Ruthless and methodical Gatsby, judging by what people normally say about me.

I think I should go back to my SpectralShift nick.
    Great. Now I'm going to have to keep trying to remember that you aren't a new member. I have to go in my head and mess with my filing system.

Unless you'd consider:

Pedantic and Tireless Gatsby?

Well, if you're thinking of an new nickname, what about 'Omniparity'? It makes sense considering Nonpareil's name. It would really look like you two were a couple.

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's a song.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

SpectralShift
    rectal what?

*sigh* It's past my bedtime. Can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Great. Now I'm going to have to keep trying to remember that you aren't a new member.
    What about if he just keeps the same avatar? Ya know, I think I identify people around here more by their avatars than anything else, maybe 'cause, being visually impaired it's easier to recognize an avatar than read the whole name. ?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

My name is a play on the ENFJ temperament which I came up with about a year ago. It's says what it means and something I always try to do with people. However I was shocked to discover in attempting to sign up for a couple of sites that "this name has already been taken". I want to know who this mysterious other L4TBNU is out in internet land!! I am the original & you can't touch this! (it would be really weird if they came up with it first.)
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**