User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

  1. #11
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    hey, you still bored?
    A little, but what I should really be doing right now is sleeping. Oh, and I'm not doing that insanely long personality quiz right now, if that's what you were going to say.

  2. #12
    Senior Member WickedQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Are you sure it's not your own fart?

  3. #13
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Occasionally pressure regulators and metal fittings leak small amounts of gas. This is due to fittings and piping being made of different metals and as temperatures change small leaks can occur.

    Even though you're most likely not in any immediate danger it's never a bad idea to have someone come look at it.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  4. #14
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    Are you sure it's not your own fart?
    Last time I checked, my fart does not smell like propane.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Occasionally pressure regulators and metal fittings leak small amounts of gas. This is due to fittings and piping being made of different metals and as temperatures change small leaks can occur.

    Even though you're most likely not in any immediate danger it's never a bad idea to have someone come look at it.
    Interesting, I didn't know that.

  5. #15
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    If you're really the hands on type, isolate any piping or fittings that you can and mix up some dish soap and water in a cup. Get a paint brush and apply the solution around the fittings so that you cover the entire area with a good coating and watch carefully for any bubbles. Bubbles indicate a slow leak.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  6. #16
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    If you're really the hands on type, isolate any piping or fittings that you can and mix up some dish soap and water in a cup. Get a paint brush and apply the solution around the fittings so that you cover the entire area with a good coating and watch carefully for any bubbles. Bubbles indicate a slow leak.
    Ooh sweet! I don't think my parents would appreciate me taking apart the piping in our house, though. Especially since I wouldn't really know what I'm doing.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Strike a match and walk around. If the house blows up, then it's a gas leak. JK

    To play it safe, you can get a gas detector.

  8. #18
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    i wonder what molar concentration of propane you need to have a combustable mixture of gases... hmmmm


    I know! just remove all of the oxygen from your basement, that way a combustion reaction can't take place and your brother will be PERFECTLY SAFE!!

  9. #19
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    So should I run down to my basement, light a match, and see if I blow up?

  10. #20
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    i wonder what molar concentration of propane you need to have a combustable mixture of gases... hmmmm
    2.1% - 10.1%
    Gases - Explosive and Flammability Concentration Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So should I run down to my basement, light a match, and see if I blow up?
    You're still alive?

Similar Threads

  1. "Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?" -clever t-shirt
    By Tiger Owl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 04:39 AM
  2. [NT] The fire in my heart is out
    By Bushranger in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
  3. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  4. Is it going to kick off in London?
    By Kangirl in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
  5. Is it pointless to believe in God?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO