User Tag List

12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFP

Default Different perspectives

Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife. Tearfully, she explained, "It is the druggist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the phone. I had to phone multiple times before he would even answer the phone."

Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the druggist and demand an apology.

Before he could say more than a word or two, the druggist told him, "Now, just a minute, listen to my
    side of it.

I was up late last night getting Prescriptions filled etc., getting ready for today.
    This morning the alarm failed to go off, so I over slept. I went without breakfast and hurried out to the car, just to realize I had locked the house with both house and car keys inside and had to break a window to get my keys.

Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding ticket.

Later, when I was about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire.

When I finally got to the store, a bunch of people were waiting for me to open up. I got the store opened and started waiting on these people, and all the time the darn phone was ringing off the hook.

"Then I had to break a roll of nickels against the cash register drawer to make change, and they spilled all over the floor. I had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the nickels and the phone was still ringing.

When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase with a bunch of perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke.

Meanwhile, the phone was still ringing with no let up, and I finally got back to answer it. It was your wife.

She wanted to know how to use a rectal thermometer.

"And believe me mister, as God is my witness, all I did was tell her."

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

So the moral is the dude's wife is an emotional idiot?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Heh, I like it. Lost in translation humor is greatness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I would console my wife until she was emotionally over it, talk to her about the situation and tell her what the Druggist had said, and then drop it regardless of who was right or wrong- I love my wife.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Come on, it's obviously a joke - druggist has a bad day, wife calls him asking how to use a rectal thermometer, he tells her to shove it up her ass. That's f'ing funny.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Wow...somebody cries because of THAT? I hope he got her wife some help or something.

MBTI
    ISTx

He shouldn't have answered the phone in such a sour mood, however he did and should be expected to behave professionally.

Telling her where to stick the thermometer sounded like a good step 1 instruction to me!

MBTI
    SEXY

People, People... It's a joke. A rather funny one I must say.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

But the joke is flawed, or at least assumes the lady is one helluve dumb blonde.

Start the joke with "Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing dumb blonde spouse" and the joke is solid!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But the joke is flawed, or at least assumes the lady is one helluve dumb blonde.

Start the joke with "Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing dumb blonde spouse" and the joke is solid!
    No, it's perfectly fine - wife is expecting the druggist to answer with a certain level of decorum. Aggravated by the previous series of misfortunes, the druggist answers in a literal, if very crude, manner. Wife gets offended, because level of decorum doesn't meet what she had expected and sounds insulting ("shove it up your ass" being a common insult). She doesn't have to be a dumb blonde; rectal thermometers are in very rare use, anyway, and some otherwise intelligent people don't know what "rectal" means, just because they don't need to.

Wow, explaining the joke just kills the humor.