User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: 25 Facts

Default 25 Facts

Ok, I'll admit, I got this idea from the Similarminds forums (before I came here). It was in their introductions forum, but I figured I'd throw it here. Basically, the idea is, you list 25 facts about yourself. I'll start (by copying and pasting my list from Similarminds, lol)

1. I'm left-handed.
    2. I've lived in the same town all my life.
    3. I'm legally blind.
    4. I play piano by ear and am currently playing (and singing) at my dad's church.
    5. I am an ISTJ.
    6. I am a finance major.
    7. I was raised in the south by a Yankee (my mom) and a midwesterner (my dad).
    8. I just got married about four months ago to my best friend ever, the most awesome guy I've ever known.
    9. I used to be obsessed with message boards.
    10. Two of my favorite TV shows used to be House MD and Becker.
    11. I've had nine or ten brain surgeries from birth 'til I was in fourth grade (for water on the brain).
    12. I am a second/last-born child.
    13. I have a small obsession with miniatures.
    14. I've also always been fascinated with fake food (possibly because I was deprived of it as a child).
    15. I can say the alphabet backwards without hesitation. Before I got back in church, I could do this either drunk or sober.
    16. I can write backwards in cursive.
    17. I've lived about half my life in a trailer park.
    18. When I was a child, my grandma tried to scrub off my birthmark, which is between my "ringtoe" and my "pinky toe" on my right foot.
    19. I still can't ride a bike (other than a two-seater with someone else driving).
    20. I don't like dressing on my salad.
    21. Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches rock, in my opinion.
    22. My husband runs two websites - The Coolest Website Ever and Don'tEatThis.net.
    23. I used to play Tetris (for Windows '95) constantly, until I lost the computer.
    24. My birthday is the same as Laura Bush's (only several years later) - and we also share first names.
    25. I was sorta named after my dad (Larry).
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    ESFJ

1. I'm shy.
    2. I have trouble talking about myself.
    3. I have to shower before I go to sleep, or I can't fall asleep.
    4. I will never ever start a conversation up with someone new.
    5. I hold doors open for people.
    6. I have a lot of jewelry but I'm not bold enough to wear any.
    7. Blue eyes are my favorite.
    8. I never let people merge in front of me on highways.
    9. I refuse to tell people my middle name.
    10. I never leave the house without gum.
    11. I hate participating in class.
    12. I do my homework last minute.
    13. I'm terrible at writing exams or essays I can't relate to.
    14. I get attached to people as quickly as I get annoyed by them.
    15. Overachievers piss me off (because secretly, I'm jealous.)
    16. I have seen most of my favorite bands in concert.
    17. You will basically never see me without my iPod.
    18. I really suck at opening up to people.
    19. At the moment, I don't really trust anyone.
    20. I failed my driving test the first time.
    21. When I shop, I refuse to buy anything that I didn't plan to buy.
    22. I am always typing people in my head.
    23. I am attracted to shy boys.
    24. Sometimes when people try to talk to me I pretend I didn't hear them.. but this is usually when I'm annoyed by them.
    25. I found this really hard to write for some reason.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    3. I have to shower before I go to sleep, or I can't fall asleep.
    Heh. sometimes the need to shave my legs keeps me awake; so, I can kinda relate.

13. I'm terrible at writing exams or essays I can't relate to.
    Me too. Thankfully, I've found, in college, they usually give more freedom of topic (and if not, I find a way to twist the topic into something I want to write about).

25. I found this really hard to write for some reason.
    Don't worry. Me too. Why you think I had to copy/paste my original 25 answers from the other forum? It's harder than it looks!
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

1. I am an INFX (leaning towards J)
    2. I went to the Australian yugioh nationals last year and was one of 4 girls there (223 players)
    3. Peanut butter, hot chips and spicy red sauce sandwichs are the best
    4. I play basketball
    5. But I have a hand-eye coordination disability
    6. My friends suspect I have aspergers (spelling?)
    7. When I laugh I sound like someone shaking a spray can
    8. I have several nicknames but the most common ones are LittleTerror and Spray Can
    9. I am a gemini
    10. I'm a girl
    11. 11 is my lucky number and my basketball number
    12. I have a younger sister who is taller than me
    13. I play Dungeons and Dragons
    14. I created a forum for my basketball team
    15. Lately I have become obsessed with contacting people from my primary school
    16. I am in year 11
    17. I am 17
    18. My favourite subject is Drama
    19. My eyes change colour a lot
    20. I play laser skirmish every week
    21. I get bored easily
    22. I have an interest in history
    23. I am just passing maths but as over half the class is failing I don't mind
    24. On the enneagram test I get equal scores on 4 and 5
    25. I have set a microwave on fire and failed sewing several times

Quote Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
    25. I have set a microwave on fire and failed sewing several times
    Heh. I dropped out of my high school home-ec class after like the second lesson 'cause I couldn't cut a straight line in the cloth.

Yeah I can't cook or sew but I think the sewing is because of the hand-eye coordination disability as for the cooking my Dad can't cook either.

I also failed P.E. in my last year of primary school and then got an A first year of high school

Quote Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
    Yeah I can't cook or sew but I think the sewing is because of the hand-eye coordination disability as for the cooking my Dad can't cook either.
    Oh, I can cook quite well, thanks to my husband for teaching me just a few months ago. Yeah, I think alot of it has to do with who teaches you and how you're taught.

I also failed P.E. in my last year of primary school and then got an A first year of high school
    Oh yeah, being legally blind, P.E. was not my strongsuit. You do not know HOW many times I got hit in the head with a basketball I didn't see coming... I think I counted nine times in one class! But they pretty much had to pass me, for pity's sake.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. I'm a little jealous of INTJ's sometimes. (They seem to have so little trouble getting things done and acting on their visions.)
    2. I'm also jealous of ENFJ's. (They're so sociable, upbeat, and good at motivating people.)
    3. I've been studying MBTI theory for about three years off and on now.
    4. I can be obsessive about the proper use of language, and dislike colloquialisms.
    5. I love ASCII.
    6. I don't like Microsoft.
    7. I don't like Algebra.
    8. I love Diet Coke/Diet Dr.Pepper
    9. I reminisce about using CLIs instead of these clumsy GUIs.
    10. I think more highly of people who spell, capitalize, and punctuate correctly.
    11. I learned to read at age 3.
    12. I have a tendency towards brand loyalty.
    13. I ignore commercials in my purchase decisions, except for ones about restaurants.
    14. I wish I had a laser printer, they're so much faster, cleaner, and don't have to have their ink cartridges changed as often.
    15. My favorite subjects are History, Government, Psychology, English, and any Foreign language.
    16. I cry about 3-4 times a month on average.
    17. I'm a bit of a computer nerd.
    18. I post on forums a lot.
    19. The number of this question is equivalent to my age.
    20. My favorite color is blue. (#0000BF)
    21. I've watched Back to the Future more than 10 times. (I shudder to imagine the actual number.)
    22. I don't believe morality/good and evil actually exist independently of our individual perceptions, although I do have my own ideas regarding them.
    23. I'm extremely talkative when I'm around people I know well.
    24. I wish I had more friends.
    25. I can touch-type.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

1. I love broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and I like Brussels sprouts.
    2. I failed my driving test the first time I took it and years later, I failed a written driving test.
    3. I like Stevenson, Kipling, Doyle, Austin, and Charlotte Bronte, but I do not care for Dickens.
    4. I was born tongue tied, but my mother had the skin under my tongue cut to loosen it.
    5. My older son was born tongue tied, but I couldn't bear to have his cut. It has loosened on it's own.
    6. My husband was probably conceived on the day I was born
    7. I attended three elementary schools, three middle schools, and two high schools
    8. I still miss my grandma a lot. She was the only adult that loved me like I love my children.
    9. I like blueberries on my cheesecake and mushrooms on my pizza
    10. I graduated thirteenth in class of fifteen. I'm still wondering who was fourteenth.
    11. I always hated PE class and was not a big fan of recess.
    12. I feel guilty for not playing with my dog more.
    13. Almost all my celebrity crushes are on guys that play or have played detectives.
    14. I have an informal non-suicide pact with my best friend.
    15. I can't help liking most people, even those I abhor.
    16. I like Cherry Pepsi and Coke Blak best.
    17. I mostly only drink soda, coffee, tea, and occasionally water. Milk and most juices are either icky or make me sick.
    18. My husband loves me like Monk loves Trudy, but he's much more normal than Monk otherwise.
    19. I love to walk, but only if the weather is comfortable.
    20. My grandpa always kept coffee candy in his pockets and smelled like stale cigars and old spice.
    21. I was hit by a car when I was twelve and had to have three stitches in my forehead.
    22. I like learning about what plants can be used for.
    23. I would kind of like to try raising goats and chickens even though I'm pretty sure I would get tired of it really fast.
    24. I would love to have an RV and be a snowbird when we retire.
    25. I think I have cute feet.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESFJ

being legally blind

... as opposed to being illegally blind?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.