User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 25 Facts

1. I have 3 amazing children (ISTJ ENFJ & ISFJ) my sons are biological, and my ISFJ daughter is adopted from a Latino country

2. I am 5'11"

3. I adore the WW2 era, and my favorite movies are war movies

4. I am a basic white girl (German, Irish with American Indian) and regularly get asked of what foreign decent I am including : Asian, Indian, Egyptian etc....

5. I love my God above all, and know no matter the situation...there is purpose in it

6. Love to shoot (weapons), and am decent

7. Batman freak

8. music helps me sort out my feelings

9. understand Jerry Lewis as the Nutty Professor in a profound way... ha

10. Would happily be the one to exterminate Bin Laden if given the chance

11. weakness for men in uniform (miltary/law enforcement)...Freud : Dad

12. can curse in Italian

13. Leftie

14. loves to garden

15. Italian specialites include: sauce, wedding soup, pizzelles

16. loves BIG 1O FOOTBALL

17. 3doors down/earshot/metallica/NIN/staind

18. loves pencil skirts, crisp white blouses, pointy toed shoes and pearls

19. discovered UGGS last winter and feel in LOVE

20. thinks the mouth is the sexiest thing on a mans body!

21. triple grande vanilla latte, non-fat, extra hot with whipped cream

22. thinks most girls are too complicated/wishy washy to have as friends, and is thankful for the one God gave her that has been her best friend since they were in kindergarten (ENTJ)

23. secretly reads but wont admit it because it is so pathetic

24. loves anything to do with CIA/FBI..any intel type agency

25. life long issue with being considered by some stuck up........and doesnt give a rats ass

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Hmm... I don't know what you're thoughts are on investing, but I "paper traded" for nine months once using a specific, really easy, really effective method from a book by Ted Warren, and made 40-something percent in the short amount of time. This is what inspired me to become a finance major. (If you want, I can share an essay I wrote on the investing method with you.)

Hmmm...sounds too good to be true, but I'm willing to listen to anything regardless of whether I'll use the advice or not.
    Actually, I would be interested as well. My average is at about 17% and coming down, last year was a pathetic 5%. I had one good year when I invested in gold while it was hot, but even then it was barely 50%. How did you consistently get 40%? If you don't mind me asking. I am not a pro. like you and The_Liquid_Laser, but I believe myself to be a quick study.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

only bites when provoked Array

ygolo: The funds offered for my 401k have been creamed by the downturn in the stock market. Curiously, with little more than historic information and a quick meeting to listen to the adviser expound, I was confident in all but one of my choices, and I shifted all that money to this other that intrigued me. The fund with the best income is in my collection along with the second-best, and the lightest losers, so in total I'm only 1% below the top-performing one.

Still, it's nowhere near 40%...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Actually, I would be interested as well. My average is at about 17% and coming down, last year was a pathetic 5%. I had one good year when I invested in gold while it was hot, but even then it was barely 50%. How did you consistently get 40%? If you don't mind me asking. I am not a pro. like you and The_Liquid_Laser, but I believe myself to be a quick study.
    Oh, I'm not a pro. I just read a book (that I just found out costs a fortune, lol) that taught a really easy method. Hmm.... I wonder if I could find any online explanations of it for you guys. Like I said, I do have that essay, but it's just an overview; it doesn't go into detail on actually teaching you how to invest. I guess I should post it somewhere.... *thinks*...

Well, crap we really don't have a forum for the stuff.... should I just post it here?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Poverty Is in the Traditions of Men
    September 30, 2005

Some people dream to work forty hours a week, fifty-two weeks a year from the time they turn eighteen until the time they die. They dream of earning $5.15 an hour, minus whatever the government takes out in taxes, and earning no retirement. The scoff at the idea of making massive amounts of money by simply reading charts for about an hour a day. Who in their right mind would want to do that? Who would want to watch an investment of $500 become $1 million over a period of ten years? "Certainly, it wouldn't work anyways," the critics say

Harold Stokes, a man for whom my mother works, introduced me to a method of investing that promises the ability to turn $500 into a million in just ten years; yes, it is possible. He has practiced this surprisingly untraditional method of investing for several years. Many times, he has doubled his money in just one year. In fact, during the time after September 11th, when the stock market seemed to be failing, as most investors were losing their money in stocks, Harold complained that he had only made a 17% gain that year. Just a few months ago, he doubled his money on a particularly good stock in just one week!

It is so easy to invest (and make profits) the way Harold does that almost anyone, with or without previous experience in the stock market, can do it. This can be done by "chart reading", in which the investor reads a simple line graph displaying the stock's current price and history. By learning to identify a few important patterns, you can quickly become a successful trader. Three important questions you must ask when trading are: 1) Which stocks should I buy? 2) When should I buy them? and 3) When should I sell them? As you find the answers to these questions, you will be able to get the most out of the stock market by choosing great stocks. You will reap this profit quickly by not buying too early and avoid losing profit by selling too early.

It is essential to know what stocks to buy. In this method, we will focus on "small cap" stocks. This term refers to those stocks that can be bought between three and five dollars a share. Although often over-looked and even avoided by traditional investors, these stocks can have some of the greatest potential if the right ones are chosen.

Once you have compiled a list of these "small cap" stocks, you must then analyze the chart history of the stocks in your list. A good chart can be easily identified by two very important features. These are a "base" and a three-year "fall"

The "base" is a period in which the stock's value remained constant. It is a level portion of the stock's price history seen on the chart spanning across the area of about two years. While this dormant period may seem to be a negative indicator to someone who is accustomed to investing the traditional way, it is actually the trademark of a good chart. It shows stability in the stock, indicating that it will not easily lose its value overnight.

After you have identified the charts with good bases, you must look at the years preceding the base. A good chart will show a three-year period preceding the base in which the stock's value fell to the base. This fall must be no steeper than 45 degrees from the base. To the traditional investor, a fall such as this would be an immediate turn-off, but the fall itself is not our focus. It is simply a promise that the stock will once again rise to the value from which it once fell. This trend has been proven throughout the history of Wall Street in the charts of stocks in businesses ranging from staple manufacturers to well-known banks such as Wachovia.

A stock whose chart exhibits these patterns must meet one more criterion. That is, its "volume" which can usually be seen in the bottom half of the chart, must be low. The volume is the number of stocks being sold by those who now hold them. High volume is a strong indicator that the stock's value is approaching a sudden fall, and the shareholders see it coming. Even in a chart that looks good, excessive volume is a significant warning that the stock is not a good buy.

Now that you have selected your potential investments, it is a good idea to set up an online portfolio. This simple tool can be used to track the progress of your stocks and watch for the "buy signal". This is the point when the stock's value breaks its base trend and begins to rise.

Once you have decided to buy a stock, your main concern becomes when to sell it. An investor can easily take advantage of the stock's highest potential value by overving the "sell signals". these indicators can be seen when the stock's volume skyrockets. As you will recall, this means that other stockholders, including professional investors, are quickly ridding themselves of this stock in mass quantities. By following the sell signals, you are "piggy backing" off from the professionals-and reaping huge profits from their hard-earned knowledge in the process.

This method really works, and it is easy to use. I have researched and experimented with it by "paper trading" (tracking the progress of potential stocks without putting money into them) for seven months. During my trial run, I doubled the value of many of my stocks and earned a forty percent overall gain. I am not a professional investor. I just follow the patterns, and you can too.

All this is to say, I know it works. I tried it and found out, but there is still only one way for you to find out. That is, try it for yourself. Even if you are still skeptical or don't have $500 to open an account on, that's fine. You can just as easily see this method's effectiveness by paper trading. All you have to lose is a little time. Even if it doesn't work for you (which is highly unlikely), you will still have the satisfaction of having proven me wrong. Go ahead. I dare you

Here's one of my best former stocks that follows the pattern pretty well.

It falls from '98 to '01 and stays just under $4 'til about late '04/early '05 where you would buy. And you would sell around may '06 around $18 when the volume shoots up. This creates about a 350% profit in just over a year.
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

@YWIR - you should have answered yourself if you wanted others to join in!

1. I have had my toenails painted constantly since the age of 10
    2. I bite my fingernails (which are NOT painted!)
    3. I am a serious caffeine addict, to the point where I get a headache without it
    4. I have a favorite mug... nobody but me may drink from it
    5. I have climbed 26 flights of stairs before to avoid an elevator
    6. I wear children's shoes
    7. the man and I still have date night twice a week, even though we have lived together for several years
    8. I prefer to go hiking alone... other people spoil the experience by speaking
    9. I tivo jeopardy so that I never miss an episode
    10. I don't have any pictures of people in my house because having people stare at me from the walls is creepy
    11. I wash my hands after putting on lotion because I can't stand for them to feel slimy
    12. when I was a child I used to practice facial expressions in the mirror
    13. I am terrible at doing dishes... I always forget that they have a back side that needs washed as well
    14. I still get left and right confused, but have no trouble with north, south, east and west wherever I am
    15. I can find my way around the back ways of the city with no problem whatsoever... and if I've been somewhere once I can find my way back
    16. I have no patience with sucking on jawbreakers and eat them like any other candy instead
    17. I have timed various routes to work to the point where I know what route to take to get there quickest depending on the weather and time I leave
    18. I haven't spoken to my sister in over a month... she won't pick up her phone
    19. I tend to give people gifts as soon as I buy them because I can't wait for the holiday for them to open them
    20. I have gotten sunburnt on cloudy days in the spring
    21. I love hats... they mean that I don't have to do anything with my hair
    22. I tore the hem of my favorite pair of pants and stapled them back together... I still wear them that way in public
    23. I hate eggs, but am quite adept at cooking them in various ways... I love bacon and can't cook it for the life of me!
    24. I always drink tap water... I like to see how it tastes in different locations around the world
    25. I really like chubby men... and I have no idea why

there... done!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

26. the title of this thread has gotten the song 99 problems stuck in my head
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

1. I worry that I'm wasting too much time on typology yet can't pull myself away from it.
    2. I've lived in Minnesota all my life.
    3. I'm a librarian.
    4. I have a great fear and anxiety of growing old.
    5. I have panic/anxiety disorder that I take medication for.
    6. None of my family or real life friends knows that I post here and I intend to keep it that way.
    7. I don't believe in an afterlife. I find the thought very unsettling that once you're dead that's it but I don't have evidence to believe otherwise and I'm too scientifically minded.
    8. I wish I had more experience with dating and relationships. I've tried to talk myself out of wanting those things too much- I know deep down I'm afraid of getting hurt and making some sacrifices I don't want to make.
    9. I'm a brunette.
    10. I'm an avid reader. I read about 3-5 books a week. Mostly nonfiction, with some novels sprinkled in.
    11. I seldom watch TV but I am obsessed with the Simpsons and the Big Bang Theory. Those shows always make me laugh.
    12. I love listening to music and almost have it playing in the background when given the chance. Some of what I like is unusual such as progressive rock and various forms of electronic music.
    13. I feel like I can't really be pinned down to any one type, yet I feel compelled to find my type and be sure of it once and for all. (Irony) T/F is the most confusing. They are both strong and intense in me.
    14. I am intrigued by irony.
    15. I was badly teased and ridiculed throughout middle school and high school. The scars still haven't healed 100%
    16. Politically I'm very liberal, especially when it comes to issues like universal health care and gay rights.
    17. I've never been married. I'm in my thirties and I feel like I'm in the minority here.
    18. I'm ambivalent about getting married but I'm really scared of growing old and dying alone.
    19. I use the Internet for everything and can no longer imagine a high quality life without it. Funny that I remember the days of no Internet access and I was pretty happy then.
    20. I love trying new foods and restaurants.
    21. I would like to learn how to cook more foods. It's one of the things I keep resolving to do that I never get around to.
    22. I have trouble relating to people who lack intellectual curiosity and don't enjoy learning for its own sake.
    23. I hate Velveeta cheese.
    24. I am interested in alot of things atypical of my age. I enjoy reading childrens books- there are lots of great ones out there. As a librarian, I get exposed to alot of them. I enjoy video games and cartoons- especially the old school ones. Maybe that's just nostalgia?
    25. I startle very easily. I'm particularly sensitive to sudden loud noises.
    26. I'm half asperger / half neurotypical.
    27. I'm trying to earn some extra credit here by having more than 25 items.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

1. I'm middle-brained, partially ambidextrous (left for writing and painting and bowling, right for everything else).
    2. I'm nearsighted and wear glasses.
    3. I'm highly sensitive to most drugs, including harmless ones like caffeine (one cup of coffee is enough to make me want to tear the skin off my body to make it stop crawling).
    4. When I was a child, I got lost on a river bank choked with kudzu and was rescued by two elderly sisters who offered me milk and cookies.
    5. I can read mirrored words as well as upside down.
    6. I can write sideways and am working on being able to write upside down. (Meaning the paper is oriented sideways or upside down to the way I need the words to show.)
    7. In spite of being lost as a child, I tend to have a very good sense of direction and am usually able to somehow find my way back to a known location when lost.
    8. I can somehow play a song back in my head fairly accurately after only hearing it once or twice. Thus, the inside of my head is like a radio where a song is constantly playing.
    9. My favorite number is the number 9. I believe it is a powerful number, but I can't explain why.
    10. I can make bread by hand.
    11. I'm allergic to most fruits from temperate regions.
    12. I can sing passably, and have an ear for music.
    13. I love to watch clouds, especially when a storm is building. I could make it a profession to sit somewhere high up and observe the clouds.
    14. Eating most raw vegetables makes me gag...I do not know why.
    15. I had a ghost cat in my room as a child. It would leap off a wicker shelf and trot out of the room at the exact same time every day.
    16. I played clarinet in 6th and 7th grade, but gave up because I did not believe music was a competition (I was in band classes).
    17. A goal of mine is to recover the lost sense of myth and mythology in our society.
    18. When I was little, I wanted to be a paleontologist.
    19. I'm afraid of heights, falling, and darkness inside houses.
    20. I have a vast store of quotes from Family Guy, South Park, and Seinfeld in my head.
    21. Much of my childhood was spent sitting in the backyard on a swing, staring off into nothing, and singing sad, vaguely Celtic-sounding melodies to myself.
    22. I've been able to draw since I could hold any kind of writing implement.
    23. I once had a premonition that my mother had breast cancer. The next day I found out she was diagnosed with skin cancer.
    24. The Legend of Zelda mythos has been a connecting force with my brother and I since we were children. It is one of the few things that still connects us.
    25. I'm not good at making or keeping friends.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost