User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 Facts

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    8. I believe in ghosts, but I don't know what the hell they are. They might be dead people. I don't know.
    I know what they are. They ain't people - that's for sure. Believe me, being Pentecostal, we've had more experience with these things than some. But, hey, I've also seen God kick their butts! BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arandur View Post
    16. I'm afraid of the future.
    Ya know, that used to be my biggest fear, especially being disabled and all. I didn't know HOW I was gonna make it through the rest of my life. But then, I started getting my life straight, and everything is falling in place. And now that I'm married, my future feels alot more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    10. I am very intense and feel things it seems a 100 times more intensely then other people.
    My husband has said this before. It's actually sometimes a real "condition" (aend I hate to call it this 'cause I actually admire it in some ways) called "hypersensitivity". I kid you not.

11. I have a hard time controlling my empathy and take on other people's emotions too easily.
    He does this too quite a bit, and I believe it's actually part of a gift from God (for him).

23. I came up as a Meloncholy Sanguine in another test, I think of it as meaning I am a happy Meloncholy.
    From what I know of the temperaments, that's possible, but it seems like an oxymoron to me, as well as Choleric-Phlegmatic. I have a friend who is C-P, and I think it's funny because, based on my fascination with temperaments in Winnie the Pooh, I've determined that she is like Tigger and Rabbit at the same time. Have you ever noticed how badly these two get on each other's nerves?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

No me digas, che! Array Recoleta's Avatar

1. I enjoy photography
    2. Yo hablo espanol
    3. I'm from the U.S. but have also lived/studied in Mexico, Spain, and Argentina (Argentina was my favorite)
    4. I always wear my watch...I feel lost without it.
    5. In high school I played soccer and softball and also did swim team
    6. I'm usually really reserved and quiet...until you get to know me
    7. I specifically chose my current job as a waitress just to see if it would help/force me be more outgoing. I've learned I can fake it sometimes, but outgoingness just doesn't come to me naturally. I would rather just give someone quality service than talk with them.
    8. Even though I'm only 22 yrs. old, the vast majority of my friends are married...and with the exception of 2 couples, I think the rest of them rushed in to marriage WAY too quickly.
    9. My favorite movies are "Miss Congeniality" & "Diary of a Mad Black Woman"
    10. I can do a pretty impressive chicken impression
    11. I have a mild obsession with llamas...I mean, seriously, they're awesome!
    12. I also have a unhealthy obsession with chapstick. I pretty much have a stick for anyplace I go (car, purse, backpack, nightstand, bathroom, dresser, and kitchen counter).
    13. I am currently in grad school to get an education degree so I can teach English as a Second Language
    14. I have a strong belief that non-native speakers of English have no business teaching graduate-level English linguistics classes...(worst 2 classes of my entire life)
    15. My favorite color is red or blue depending on my mood
    16. I absolutely love the "Chronicles of Narnia" series...I have read each book at least like 5 times through
    17. I like the feeling of freedom I have when I let my inhibitions down and allow myself to just be crazy and have fun...unfortunately this doesn't happen all that often.
    18. I am at my happiest when I am travelling outside of the U.S.
    19. CSI: Las Vegas is one of my favorite shows...and I think "Beauty and the Geek" is fantastic as well.
    20. I find Matt Damon to be incredibly attractive...especially in the Bourne movies
    21. I could eat Mexican food every day and be perfectly content
    22. I enjoy taking public transportation (well, so long as it works the way it should and if everything arrives on time)
    23. I love sitting next to the window on airplanes...and I love takeoff, but I am scared of heights
    24. I love to collect local art from wherever I I just need my own house to decorate.
    25. I started out as a math major, then was a chem major, then was an accounting major, until I finally landed on Spanish...and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Permabanned Array
    5w6 sp/sx

1. I'm left-handed.
    2. My name actually is Damian. And I hate it.
    3. I have Asperger's Syndrome.
    4. I rarely leave my home.
    5. I've never done illegal drugs.
    6. IQ of about 140.
    7. I hate children.
    8. I've never been in a relationship.
    9. I now believe this is because I was put under an Ancient Hebrew hex at some point in my life that has automatically made others perceive me as unattractive.
    10. My favorite TV shows are/were The Shield and Becker.
    11. I do not understand why people like zombie movies or westerns so much -- they're quite literally all the same.
    12. I think that stupid people are put on this planet for the smart people to take advantage of.
    13. I hate parties.
    14. I enjoy classical music.
    15. I am an avid moviegoer.
    16. The funniest movie of all time is Schindler's List.
    17. I like to think that I'm imaginative and insightful.
    18. I subscribe to Cinefex.
    19. I am sexually frustrated.
    20. I think any sort of interracial sex is a form of bestiality.
    21. I am probably bipolar.
    22. I sometimes shop at Wal-Mart, but I don't particularly care.
    23. I play an unhealthy dosage of video games.
    24. I like the smell of gasoline.
    25. I feel that I have said too much...if I say anything more, then people will start taking advantage of me.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    9. I don't know if I spelled "abysmally" right.
    Yes, you did. But you misspelled "orthodontists" on item 19. Also, on item 12, the correct term is "defragmented." Aside from that, you did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Wow. You visited two poles of the major spectrum and STILL didn't find the one? That's kinda sad, and scares me a little bit. *hopes Finance is the right one*
    The more finance and the less economics, the happier I think you will be.

If you love math, head towards financial engineering... but if you love the helping other people stuff, or strategizing, head towards management financials.

(I say all this as I'm builing the tree of my degree right now. I might be shooting myself now by pathing so deep into pure math, but the alternative is written and admin crap... and lets face it, I ain't no good at em.)

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    So, it's not quite 100% true that English majors suck at math, or is that why you switched? (a small poke at my husband who wants to be a writer, and well.... would be lost without my math skills, lol)
    Well, I attended a sort of "backwoodsy" high school and was at the top of my class without any real effort, so I thought I was good at everything. And I had no idea what I wanted to major in, so I ended up picking math because my parents wanted me to get a "good job" and they wanted me in a Bachelor of Science program, and I didn't really want to do Chemistry or Physics, etc.

I was also very shy and my people skills were awful at the time, which is another reason why I avoided Psychology and counseling and Theology and other things like that.

Then when I got to college, I realized quickly enough that I did not want to do high-level math for the rest of my life.

But I liked to write. A lot.

One of my first real (and only) acts of rebellion against my parents was changing my major from Math to English without asking their permission first.

Attended as in visited, or gone regularly? And what about us crazy pentecostals?
    Yes, I listed the ones that I would have considered myself to be a "regular attender," from fifth grade through to the end. I never had the pleasure of attending a pentecostal church, and you would not have believed all the trash-talking I heard about pentecostals anyway (the more fundamentalist evangelical-type churches really have a distrust of anything mystical or not "logical/intellectual" -- all they cared about was systematic theology). To be honest, though, I was always fascinated by the stories of the miracles and the Spirit and such... I wanted badly to witness and experience such things, to see if I could understand what it was and what it was like.

Wow. You visited two poles of the major spectrum and STILL didn't find the one? That's kinda sad, and scares me a little bit. *hopes Finance is the right one*
    I think you will be okay. Really, Finance fits your "personality," and you're a J... so even if it's not the best, you will probably be okay and one day you'll just decide to switch and you'll be happy then too.

I am a wandering P who was never taught to listen to her inner voice and know what she liked. So... I never was introduced to the idea of trying things until I found something that pleased me the most, I felt like I always had to get it right on the first try. And most of my life was spent trying to make everyone else happy. It is not a great way to live.

Are you talking VeggieTales here, or is my sheltered upbringing confusing things again?
    "Look at the tomato. Sad tomato! He cannot dance like the cucumber!"

WOW. By note or by ear? Or Both? I wonder if there's any way you could share some of it on here? (I'm still eh... supposed to be... working on learning some software to record from my Yamaha keyboard to a computer....)
    I will see, I think I gave Toonia a link to one or two things I made up one night. But it was a large file (a few megs).

I am a good sight reader, but I play by ear -- I can play along with other musicians/CDs, as well as play songs that I can "hear in my head."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I am a good sight reader, but I play by ear -- I can play along with other musicians/CDs, as well as play songs that I can "hear in my head."
    *cough!* You make me SICK! lol :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    4. I always wear my watch...I feel lost without it.
    Heh. I used to be that way, seriously. (I have a horrible lack of time-perception.) But then, the batteries died this last time, and I haven't worn one since. (First of all, it's hard to find an attractive female watch that I can actually read, being legally blind.)

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    7. I specifically chose my current job as a waitress just to see if it would help/force me be more outgoing. I've learned I can fake it sometimes, but outgoingness just doesn't come to me naturally. I would rather just give someone quality service than talk with them.
    Ugh, I waitressed once for about seven weeks, two days a week, when I was 17. It was my first job, and I sucked at it. Ended up getting fired for "the way I put the menus on the tables," they said. :-p
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Look at the tomato. Sad tomato! He cannot dance like the cucumber!"
    Pobre tomate.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

Default Ecclesiastes and the meaninglessness of life

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    25. Ecclesiastes is my favorite book in the Bible.
    Only now I looked up what that book is in finnish. It's my favourite book too, along with the Acts. I like the latter especially for the eloquent speeches by Paul.

But Ecclesiastes, I feel it deeply touches me and when I read it, and I always read different meanings and motivations into it. I've seen it as a study in depression, hedonist's regrets, an existential crisis of the writer, or just in realism in part. It's made me think that even if everything would be revealed as personally empty and meaningless, there would be memory of meaning, and I would guess, a desire.

Experiencing that meaninglessness deeply gives food for thought. From what I see, being content in life, valuing something and other such personal value judgements are not made such by external influences, logical matters or anything such, but they are made such by our internal psychology, which evades intraspection. In all that we may wish to examine, we cannot hope for true intraspection and study ourselves. Only when the learned is forgotten and the sounds silenced, may we experience our innermost self, and what are our weakest thoughts and our most fragile self.

It is not something that can be deducted, implied, asserted or postulated. If it were nothing more than few neurons firing here and there, made such by DNA and experiences, after too great a silence of values you listen. You make of those weak signals the life and the values you'll have. You'll find more.

It must be experienced by everyone for themselves.

1) INFP
    2) Boy
    3) 16
    4) Canadian
    5) I am obsessed with music. I play guitar (acoustic and electric) and harmonica with a headrack.
    6) I'm in my school's jazz band on guitar
    7) I have glasses, but my prescription is so mild that I don't actually really need them. However, they make viewing most screens much mor ecomfortable.
    8) I hate school.
    9) My favourite book is Don Quixote
    10) My favourite movie is The Maltese Falcon
    11) My favourite musicians are John Coltrane, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Robert Johnson, and The Band
    12) My favourite colour is green
    13) I like to go for runs, but only late at night.
    14) On these runs, I often sit in the emptied parking lots and stare at the moon, and think about things a lot.
    15) I'm very worried about my future. I know I'll be going to university, if only because my family will more or less force me to, but I thinkt hat I'll probably just drift through it and not really enjoy it, which is whats happening with high school. Its kind of sad to think abotut his, because I feel theres probably soemthing else I should be doing... but I don't know what.
    16) I have a strong desire to walk every mountain and valley on earth and see it all. I have a strong desire to meet every person on earth and really understand who they are.
    17) My first concert was James Brown. Can you imagine the first performance you ever see being James Brown? It goes without saying that it was among the most amazing things I've ever seen.
    18) I'm right handed and right brained
    19) I've never been in a relationship, but I don't see that as a big deal seeing how I'm 16. However, I'm not sure why I've never been in one. I have no trouble talking to women, and at times I've had several women who were after me, but I rejected. I think I might value my privacy a little too much to the point I'm kind of afraid of letting people into it. I almost never have people over for the same reason.
    20) I want to go and live in Yukon or Northwest Territories or Some other western province sometime for a summer
    21) I like to write
    22) I'm frustrated by the expectations my parents have for me, and I sometimes blame my sister for these expectations.
    23) As a young child I saw myself as an explorer who would travel the whole world. I still have the spirit of that in me, I suppose.
    24) When I was very young, my stuffed toys had personalities. Its interesting to think about it now, because there is some considerable depth to them considering how young I was. For example, now that I look back I think that my teddy bear Guy was probably how I thought other people saw myself. He was very quiet and unsure but you could tell a lot more was going on with him.
    25) I have a cold, even though its been 30 degrees most days for the past several months. I don't know how a cold could come of that.