Thread: 25 Facts

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    1. Spiders give me the heeby-jeebies but I can't stop looking at them and I can't stay away from them. I sometimes feed them flies even though I always empathize with the flies as the spider feeds on them.
    I cannot believe I forgot this one. Yes, intellectually I know spiders serve a valuable role in the eco system, but they are evil evil EVIL! (And if it were up to me, they would all be dead and gone and kaput and extinct.)

They creep me out.

But I am fascinated by them. When I was young, I wouldn't be able to even touch the pages of those books with full-page zoom shots of spiders (where they do a closeup on the head). I'd drop the book and leap back. But I still had to look -- so I would get something to flip the page with or just very carefully grab the corners of the page, to turn it.

And I also did the "feed bugs to spider" thing. Spiders are very alien to me in how they move and act and look, so I'm filled with both terror and curiosity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I cannot believe I forgot this one. Yes, intellectually I know spiders serve a valuable role in the eco system, but they are evil evil EVIL! (And if it were up to me, they would all be dead and gone and kaput and extinct.)

They creep me out.

But I am fascinated by them. When I was young, I wouldn't be able to even touch the pages of those books with full-page zoom shots of spiders (where they do a closeup on the head). I'd drop the book and leap back. But I still had to look -- so I would get something to flip the page with or just very carefully grab the corners of the page, to turn it.

And I also did the "feed bugs to spider" thing. Spiders are very alien to me in how they move and act and look, so I'm filled with both terror and curiosity.
    I like spiders. I mean, I don't want them crawling on me or anything, but if they are in the house I don't kill them. Often I leave them undisturbed or occasionally I'll try to move them outside.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I just scream loudly and either make someone else kill the thing, or else cower and throw things at it from a distance until it's dead, preferably while standing on something, with a sheet or something to shield it from getting on me. I don't like spiders or any other small, crawling creatures. I once actually managed to kill one by using a pencil as a dart from about six feet away. You'd be surprised what you can do when you're that scared of something.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I just scream loudly and either make someone else kill the thing, or else cower and throw things at it from a distance until it's dead, preferably while standing on something, with a sheet or something to shield it from getting on me. I don't like spiders or any other small, crawling creatures. I once actually managed to kill one by using a pencil as a dart from about six feet away. You'd be surprised what you can do when you're that scared of something.
    See you've got some Se!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    See you've got some Serious Issues!
    Fixed!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fixed!
    Serious issues? What is that supposed to mean? I fear and hate bugs, so I kill them from a distance. What's wrong with that?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Hey this is a cool one.

1. I am the love child of Homer Simpson, Doris Day, Auntie Mame, and Larry David.
    2. I dress to express, not to impress.
    3. I have never been to highschool.
    4. I am a coupon connoisseur.
    5. I watch Charlie the Unicorn and Adam West's Cat Launcher every day and still laugh my shtuckus off every time!
    6. I live for comedy and make myself laugh more then anybody else, therefore I am the funniest person in the world because I know what I like and I give the audience, ME, what it wants everytime! Ha!
    7. I love watching films, especially documentaries, with a group of friends who apply critical thinking, and discuss them.
    8. I am allergic to doing things logically and making sense but I enjoy watching people who do.
    9. I can quote from any Seinfeld episode.
    10. I am very intense and feel things it seems a 100 times more intensely then other people.
    11. I have a hard time controlling my empathy and take on other people's emotions too easily- I am trying to get better and more balanced but it is hard because I have to be constantly aware of this.
    12. I love performing but not entertaining, I am a kosher ham.
    13. I am totally butt-faced in love with my husband whom I couldn't have asked for a better one!
    14. I love economics, science and history and understanding social dynamics.
    15. I can be very self absorbed, but on the other hand I am very intune with who I am, biggest strength is biggest weakness.
    16. I am very clumsy and break a dish almost everytime I do the dishes.
    17. I purposely wear mismatched socks on the rare occassions I do wear them.
    18. I love Hello Kitty crappola and believe in having at least 7 childhoods!
    19. I have watched Dumb and Dumber 80 times but Life is Beautiful is my all time favorite movie.
    20. I keep my thoughts and depth to myself a lot of times, I find that I can be free with sharing my emotions and experiences- but I am very selective about sharing my thoughts personal philosophy ect, things of a more intellectual nature.
    21. I have a hard time standing up for myself.
    22. I am a moderate and or a centrist.
    23. I came up as a Meloncholy Sanguine in another test, I think of it as meaning I am a happy Meloncholy.
    24. I love games, board games, card games, playing sports games, computer games, video games. In fact I won a trophy and beat out 130 people in Texas Holdem while dressed very over the top girly! I am a jackass winner but a good loser.
    25. I feel misunderstood in life about 85 percent of the time, and I don't bother in trying to correct things either- either people get me or they don't-I am like an emotional studio 54- the true believers who instantly for some reason just get me may pass and all of who I am is shared with them only.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    5. I watch Charlie the Unicorn and Adam West's Cat Launcher every day and still laugh my shtuckus off every time!
    "Charlie! Let's go to Candy Mountain, Charlie!"

Oh, that was terrible, when my kids showed it to me.

It was as big a hit at our house as JibJab's "Jingle Bells"-Farting Elves cartoon.

23. I came up as a Meloncholy Sanguine in another test, I think of it as meaning I am a happy Meloncholy.
    That reminds me of the Happy Sadist from "A Wrinkle in Time" (or whatever her name was!)

You are SUCH a trip!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

1. I've lived my whole life in medium/big cities around the Great lakes (mostly in the Chicago area)

2. My mom's side of the family were mostly small town people or farmer types (basically hicks from their descriptions) until 1-2 generations ago.

3. They mostly lived in northwest Ohio near where it meets Indiana and Michigan

4. My dad's side of the family comes from New York state mostly.

5. Ancestors and relatives on that side include a lot of Harvard, Yale, and other elite college types. (The families have most closer together in those terms, my dad and mom met and university of Michigan.0

6. 4 years ago or so I memorized the states in order of their 2000 populations. I think I could still remember most of them, though some low population ones are a bit iffy. I definitely can name all 50 states by pretty much going over a map in my head. (I remember northeast first, than southeast, than go west ot the Mississippi river states, etc.)

7. I completed most of my required math courses for college during high school, and could have completed them all if I didn't take a break on them in senior year.

8. I like the fatty parts of steaks, chicken, and other beef, and I like butter, but don't like really greasy food.

9. I tend to make up a lot of ideas for computer games (whether variations of ones I play or combinations of types.), but never really flesh them out.

10. I learned most of my high school chemistry that could be learned by reading during midle school. I did something similar earlier with the quadratic equation.

11. My best school subject has shifted from math to science over the years in college I'm doing mostly science and engineering related stuff so can't see whether it would shift some more (to economics or something similar.)

12. I find thermodynamics very interesting at the moment (plus areas closely related to thermodynamics.)

13. In RPG type computer games such as diablo or world of warcraft, I tend to start a lot of characters and never "complete" them, because I like to try out everything but level up slowly.

14. Tacos are probably my overall favorite food (most kinds of tacos taste great to me.)

15/ I've probably been on vacation in Michigan and Upstate New York (areas near I-90) the most, Michigan because of grandparents mainly, New York for various random reasons, plus driving through there to an uncle in Boston.

16. I like slightly cool weather, anywhere between around 40/50 to 70 Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature zone for me.

I love thunderstorms.
    18. I'm currently a chemical engineering major in college

19. I can't swim

20. I used to (and still do somewhat) enjoy figuring out highway interchanges.

21. I tend to enjoy learning about and figuring out science and history related stuff the most, though any sort of complex subject can be interesting.

22. I don't have a lot of friends, for some reason I never seem to really "stick to" people.

23. I prefer buzz cuts, with a beard and mustache, just because it's easier to keep maintained.

24. Recently when I'm at my house, I tend to just go around naked because I stay cooler (This is unless I want a breeze or more sunlight, where I put some clothes on and open the windows.)

25. I used to really, really not like dogs (until recently when I had to spend some time with some really bad ones, now all dogs seems much less annoying in comparsion.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

"Charlie! Let's go to Candy Mountain, Charlie!"

Oh, that was terrible, when my kids showed it to me.
    Heh. I just showed that one to Don a day or two ago. He was watching it again yesterday afternoon and we were both doing pastel unicorn impressions.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers