User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Driving

your resident asshole

Default Driving

It seems like everyone I know wants to get a driver's license. I don't think I'll understand why. I'm more than happy being a passenger. That way I can look out the window or do something else more entertaining. I have a horrible sense of direction. I don't know where anything is, nor do I care to know. Guess I'll have to buy a GPS system. :/

How did you guys feel about this before you got your drivers' licenses?

Phantonym

I've always felt indifferent to driving. I love being the passenger, listening to music, looking out of the window. Didn't feel a desperate need to get a license either. Getting it was pretty easy though. After I got my license - still couldn't care less. I haven't driven a car since June 2008. Still alive.

However, I like the idea that I don't have to drive but I can whenever I want to

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i enjoy driving. i always want to be the driver, not the passenger.
    i was not in any special rush to get my license, because i drove alone all the time before i had one. i grew up in a neighborhood where people didn't care, so we were driving at 13 or so. but i did get my license as soon as i legally could.

MBTI
    intj

I didn't get a drivers license until I was twenty one and I absolutely needed it. I'm fairly indifferent toward driving, but I don't understand how people actually ENJOY it. Of course I'm surrounded by terrible tourists drivers that stop in the middle of the highway when they realize they missed their exit. That might have something to do with it.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love driving! Especially in the country where there's less other drivers to worry about. Behind the wheel is like my natural habitat. I love roads, I love cranking the music up loud and just setting off in some direction not knowing where I'm going to go. Exploring new roads and routes I haven't been on before is really fun and it's easy to forget anything in "real life" that is getting me down when I am behind the wheel and just in the flow of driving.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I adore driving. Unto itself too, not just because of the enormous increase in freedom of movement that comes with it.

I've slowly become resentful of people my age (20s) who don't want or care to get their own licence. It's nice to share driving duties rather than have to cart around a fifth wheel in the passenger seat...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I couldn't wait to get my license and I still love to drive. I'm kind of reluctant to let other people drive because I like being in control. My father was a big city cop and he taught me to drive like one. That probably factors into my enjoyment of it as well. My husband drives a great deal for work and he doesn't mind when I take over when we're just out and about as well as on longer trips. I never felt it was fair to make one person do the driving on those.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It seems like everyone I know wants to get a driver's license. I don't think I'll understand why. I'm more than happy being a passenger. That way I can look out the window or do something else more entertaining. I have a horrible sense of direction. I don't know where anything is, nor do I care to know. Guess I'll have to buy a GPS system. :/

How did you guys feel about this before you got your drivers' licenses?
    Yeah, I'm indifferent in a way. Like, I'm a guy, and I like driving out of some expectation that society places on us, but really, it's the freedom that driving opens up that I enjoy and relish in. Also, I have a great sense of direction so that's not driving me to hate it. I'm 18. I just got my permit back at the end of march (I was 18 then too). I'm getting my license soon and I already have a car. It's no big rush. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that I need my license for college I still wouldn't be getting it. Haha.
    I can bike just about anywhere, and my parents help drive. Plus, I don't have to pay for insurance.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

driving's about freedom for most guys, regardless of type. nothing compares to driving from michigan to florida nonstop in 18 hours, loving it, and knowing that most ppl couldnt pull that off driving can be a spiritual journey like that, for me.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    driving's about freedom for most guys, regardless of type. nothing compares to driving from michigan to florida nonstop in 18 hours, loving it, and knowing that most ppl couldnt pull that off driving can be a spiritual journey like that, for me.
    Haha. That's what my parents would do for trips to Disney World.