User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Driving

MBTI
    UFO

Every time I drive I always end up in a freak car accident with the drivers who past by me in the opposite direction. Also, trucks always end up falling on top of me.

Therefore, I prefer to not drive, so my imagination can do more proactive things, like pretend I'm in narnia or something.

MBTI
    INTx

I wasn't in a rush to get mine. Most people snagged theirs at the min age, I waited a year. Couldn't afford a car, so what was the point, I figured.

But.. it's useful, even if you don't plan to drive a lot yourself. Times will come up where someone needs a lift, or a friend isn't in good condition to drive (drunk/sick/tired), or you need to go pick something up that's far away / heavy / needed quickly, or you wind up driving as part of your job, etc.

Highway driving is a snap. You just watch the scenery float by, everyone moves at a steady clip, there isn't much fussing around. City driving can be stressful until you adjust. I found it very stressful until repeated exposure desensitized me and I got a feel for how people would act and traffic flow.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Man I couldn't wait to get my liscence. I got it when I was 17. By that time with my job it was practically a necessity. Plus finally was able to feel freed. I've loved driving ever since!!

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I drive because it's convenient, but boy do I dislike driving. Or at least I hate other drivers.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I drive because it's convenient, but boy do I dislike driving. Or at least I hate other drivers.
    The bad things that happen to me on the road are always at the fault of others, and not myself. I hate other drivers too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP

I learned to drive pickup trucks on our family ranch at a young age. Dad would send me into town to pick up supplies. Here I was, this little kid driving into town all alone! I was always very nervous and anxious to get back home.
    I loved to drive at home, inside my comfort zone.
    However, I didn't end up getting my license until I was 21!!

I like to drive, but I usually forfeit the wheel to Kingfisher, because he loves to drive!
    When we go on long trips or road-trips, he drives the whole way. He always politely refuses to let anyone else take over.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I got my license because I was just itching to explore. Unfortunately, this was before I considered gas prices. I chose not to learn to drive until I felt like I could do it (and so I can attract more people). Driving clears my mind. I find driving on the countryside to be intellectually stimulating, or maybe it's the sense of freedom that you don't get in the cities and especially the suburbs.

Right now, I'm thinking of getting my CDL. I hear truckers make good money, too. Why not get paid to explore?

I'd tell about the more questionable things I've done while driving, but cops may be viewing this forum.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I love driving (except during winter when the roads are slippery).
    I would like to have one of these for driving purposes.
    woohoo!