User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Driving

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Don't you want to be in control of things? When you come and go, where you can go? Not having to rely on other people or public transportation or go by their schedule? What if there is an emergency and you have to drive? Isn't the prospect of not being able to do something this basic terrifying?
    Well, as of right now I live at home with my family. I really have no use for that. My brother, my mom, or my dad can drive me places.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^^ Driving is so simple though... It really isn't as hard as it may seem. Have you never driven before? No learner's permit?
    No, I haven't. Maybe my opinions will change when I start that sort of thing. I know I'll have to learn eventually. :/

MBTI
    ISTx

I understand how it could seem overwhelming at first, but it's really so simple once you get behind the wheel and go for it. Once you get a learner's permit, you'll have a parent sitting with you and you'll start out easy, going around the neighborhood and such. You'll see it's really nothing and you'll appreciate your new found freedom when you see the practical uses of it (maybe going to school, a job, running an errand, seeing a friend etc.).

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol. I passed my driving test on Tuesday and brought my first car yesterday (a Peugeot 106 diesel). I am incredibly confident and roundabouts don't scare me in the slightest but last night my step dad took me out at 10.30 to help me find the way to my job interview tomorrow morning. OH MY GOSH, i was scared shitless, granted there was less cars on the road (when i brought the car, i drove on the motorway and was fine), but i just freaked out.

To pass my test i had to be good enough, but i feel like i am making so many mistakes now that i had to go and buy some of those P plate things so people would give me a little slack.

Although i have the car, i am still going to take the bus into town in the morning to return a faulty fan.

I think i just need to stop being so critical on myself.

your resident asshole

Hey congrats on passing your driver's test! I'm sure you'll get better over time. When my brother first started driving, I thought we would flip over every time we turned. He really did some whipping on those turns! It's much less scary when he drives now.

MBTI
    SEXY

Yeah, I like having my drivers license. It ads to my mobility. I don't have a car at the moment, but the thought that I could go out and buy/rent/borrow one and go anywhere I want to go pleases me.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    How did you guys feel about this before you got your drivers' licenses?

I always had an intense desire to drive, from the youngest age I could remember. I drove everything I could get my hands on before I actually got my license. Short list: ATVs, Jetskis, Dirt Bikes, a bobcat with a plow, snowmobiles, boats, etc... Basically, anything with a motor and means of moving, I would drive.

Now that I can drive...yeah, I still enjoy it that much. I like to drive, be it city, highway, for 5 minutes or 5 days. I'm always focused on working on improving skills and technique. As a result, I'm equally comfortable driving in a blinding snowstorm where most people are sliding everywhere, as I am on a perfectly clear day. Actually, I usually have a large grin on my face driving in bad weather, it makes the driving more interesting. Meanwhile, everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I'm going to go drive 400 miles in a blizzard heading north to ski, and sound even more surprised when they hear I arrived fine.

What can I say? I'm odd.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I hate being the passenger. I love driving. I drive, drive, drive and drive some more. o/

Meanwhile, everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I'm going to go drive 400 miles in a blizzard heading north to ski, and sound even more surprised when they hear I arrived fine.
    Although it wasn't for skiing, I did the exact same thing once. Was the coolest (pardon the pun) bit of driving I ever did.

I love driving, driving through hazards makes it more fun. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by millerm227
    What can I say? I'm odd.
    You're not odd, you're an ISTP.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I didn't care. If I'm a passenger, great I don't have to pay for gas (unless I volunteer it for a friend's help). If I'm driving then I have freedom.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Hey congrats on passing your driver's test! I'm sure you'll get better over time. When my brother first started driving, I thought we would flip over every time we turned. He really did some whipping on those turns! It's much less scary when he drives now.
    Thank you ever so much.
    When i passed the examiner gave me a booklet. Had a read through and being into astrology i saw an interesting article about which star sign made the best driver. I was like 'Wow, i am in 12th place' .. then i clicked, No i am last. Apparently i make the worst driver. Lmao.

Here is the list just in case anyone is interested.

1 - Sagittarians
    2 - Scorpio
    3 - Libra
    4 - Leo
    5 - Virgo
    6 - Aquarius
    7 - Capricorn
    8 - Pisces
    9 - Cancer
    10 - Taurus
    11 - Gemini
    12 - Aries