User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Driving

MBTI
    I

I like driving, but my favorite is when there's barely any traffic on the road (a major rarity in the New York-New Jersey area). Sometimes I have this urge to have a road completely to myself, and do whatever I want at that point - donuts, speed, whatever, you name it.

MBTI
    entp

its a new skill

its control
    its responsibility
    its power
    you are maneuvering a friggin contraption to your will...first time you sit behind the wheel and the first time you drive in traffic...the thrill that you may never get out alive....

MBTI
    ISTx

I always want to be the driver. I don't like being the passenger. Mostly for the fact that I just enjoy driving, but I also like to be in control of the radio dial and the vehicle itself . Many times (especially in California) I'd set out with no plan in mind. I'd just hop in my car and drive with my CD player cranked for miles and miles. It's pure freedom; it's therapeutic; it's being a tourist in the world on your own terms.

I got my permit at the legal minimum age (where I was living) of 15 and my license as soon as I turned 16.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Drivers license meant freedom.

No more waiting for the bus, no making my friends pick me up, no reason to miss out on going places I wanted to go.

I'm looking forward to learning how to drive. It's like picking up a new skill.
    Having said that I realise I shouldn't consider it as a game, since it's probably more serious if I get into an accident.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It seems like everyone I know wants to get a driver's license. I don't think I'll understand why. I'm more than happy being a passenger. That way I can look out the window or do something else more entertaining. I have a horrible sense of direction. I don't know where anything is, nor do I care to know. Guess I'll have to buy a GPS system. :/

How did you guys feel about this before you got your drivers' licenses?
    I couldn't WAIT to get my license, and rightfully so. You'll change your mind about it once you get yours, IF you have a car you can drive. If you do not have access to a vehicle, then yes, you are right, the hype is definitley over-rated.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

I wasn't particularly desperate to get my driver's license either but only because I didn't need to drive from A to B that much. Once I got my license I realized I enjoyed driving quite a bit. But I have no problem being the passenger.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I couldn't WAIT to get my license, and rightfully so. You'll change your mind about it once you get yours, IF you have a car you can drive. If you do not have access to a vehicle, then yes, you are right, the hype is definitley over-rated.
    Hehe, we'll see about that. I know driving is about "freedom," blah blah, but I don't want to have to learn how to get places. It seems more like a chore than anything. :/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Hehe, we'll see about that. I know driving is about "freedom," blah blah, but I don't want to have to learn how to get places. It seems more like a chore than anything. :/
    Don't you want to be in control of things? When you come and go, where you can go? Not having to rely on other people or public transportation or go by their schedule? What if there is an emergency and you have to drive? Isn't the prospect of not being able to do something this basic terrifying?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTx

^^ Driving is so simple though... It really isn't as hard as it may seem. Have you never driven before? No learner's permit?