User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    This is possibly the worst advice on the whole thread. I shake my head at its implications.
    Clearly, you need to get the nose out of the books and watch more TV. Those people already ruthless and efficient are not only still ruthless and efficient, but they're freaking out at the whole sudden decay of control. And if they're male, they're falling apart, but if they're female, they're toughening up and showing more claw. I proffer any and all zombie movies to prove this cultural point.

Granted, if faced with the traditional slow moving, groaning varietal, the ruthless and efficient types may mourn with you for a while after you've been bit, because there'll be time before the change. But the angry, fast-moving, sudden change zombies of 28 Days Later... nope, your friends are turning on you just as soon as zombie even looks at you.

Frankly, to survive a zombie holocaust we need to be aware of our dramatic arcs. We need to recognise human potential ahead of prior human achievement. Really, it's all about growth and regeneration, and can only be a good thing. Bring on the dead!

MBTI
    ESFJ

*Running around the house naked, banging pans preparing myself for those flesh eating hideous creatures*

I thought Hollywood were making the zombie movies to help us prepare via subliminal messages. .

Plan B - It will come to me later.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Granted, if faced with the traditional slow moving, groaning varietal, the ruthless and efficient types may mourn with you for a while after you've been bit, because there'll be time before the change. But the angry, fast-moving, sudden change zombies of 28 Days Later... nope, your friends are turning on you just as soon as zombie even looks at you.
    Then why say that we should avoid people who will "shoot you as soon as you're bit"??

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    My plan is essentially to get as much water upstairs as possible, with roof access, put a rope ladder over the side of the building, destroy the staircase after locking everything up downstairs, then just picking people off.
    This would be a good short-term solution if you hadn't managed to get out of town soon enough. "Picking people off" would be a terrible idea though, because you'd be announcing your presence to the zombies and would thus discover the weakness of your solution - its ultimate lack of escapability. Let's say you live in a small town with a pop. of 5000. Chances are, you'd now have about 4000 of those gathered around your house as zombies. How much ammunition do you have? Enough to shoot them all? Enough to shoot them in such away that they don't use the dead as a ramp to lurch up to your 2nd story? And if you don't shoot them all, how are you going to escape the house when you run out of water/supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    Imagine a big hole full of flammable substance, about 20 feet deep with sides perpendicular to the ground. Then imagine a cat in a cage making lots of noise and swinging above the hole. Just make sure to torch them every few days!
    Not a bad idea, actually. I especially like the cat touch.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Then why say that we should avoid people who will "shoot you as soon as you're bit"??
    Good question. Projection, probably. Dead or alive, I'm still going to have issues about being shot in the head.

And generally speaking, it just seems like a good idea to hang around people with robust dramatic arcs ahead of them. For I insist, the zombie holocaust is all about surviving the unsurvivable. You need a good dramatic arc! A good dramatic arc will supply you with all the tools you'll need to stay alive. They'll turn up just at the right time.

The only thing to worry about is Heroic Death. Some dramatic arcs will throw you right into that one, usually unexpectedly. Not so unexpectedly as Red Shirt Death. Really it's all a gamble. But you can stack the odds. Either be young and rangy, or fall in love as soon as possible.

Don't have sex though. Have sex and you're as good as dead.

MBTI
    INFP

You have a point there. I can't think of many good ways to ensure your dramatic arc is sufficient to ensure survival. Oftentimes you think you've made it and then you get killed during or immediately after the credits. Perhaps tricking another survivor into giving you a letter to pass on to his/her loved ones should anything happen to him/her would be a good start?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, I don't know about that. Zombies are mortification of the flesh personified, so doing anything that would normally merit moral punishment will put a kink in your arc for sure. Trick someone into providing a letter and you're sure to be cornered someone where down the road, especially if the other guy dies.

Really, your best chance is to be young, female and to have been persecuted by family members who've tried to make you think you're dumb most of your life.

If you're male and smart enough to hook up with the persecuted girl, ostensibly to look after her before her transformation, you run a real risk of Heroic Death, especially if you're good with weapons. But it may be the only way out.

*sigh* This is getting depressing. Maybe a combat shotgun would be just as useful. Big guns can work as a decent storyline replacement.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I think something like a melee weapon would be more effective in the long run, although I'd use guns if I had to. If they are the left for dead zombies, then I know what to do.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Join them of course. Zombies are hawt.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Join them of course. Zombies are hawt.
    Not half as hawt as chicks who think zombies are hawt. Not even a quarter.