User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    What do you do when the dead rise?
    Basically, fight against them.

Gather information and means to fight them. Information on how to fight them and possible weapons I could fight against them with. Gather supplies to stay alive and fight. Barricade myself somewhere and yeah...fight.

Oooor...RUN!!!!!!!

Wait a minute. Why is this a given that zombies are here to hurt the living? Hollywood!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    OK, i do have 2 kids in toe but they are little men now
    If that's not a problem, when those zombies come, i'll be waiting for you.
    Just come and find me as i'll be having some fun with some big guns ..
    (oh shit, reality check, Sarah, its not real)
    No problem! I'll be there.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What? What are you talking about? You're making no sense whatsoever. Zombies don't plan. They have no perspective other than to wonder around aimlessly, attacking any non-zombie humans they happen to encounter. If zombies do indeed take over the world on a grand scale then a small island is the best place to be - inaccessible to zombies, allowing you to move freely doing necessary things like farming, fishing, building etc. The only conceivable worry would be that zombies could possibly walk along the bottom of the ocean to get to your island if you were foolish enough to pick one very close to land. Otherwise it's a natural fortress.

Honestly, it's like you're not even talking about zombies. Maybe alien body-snatchers or commies or vampires or something. Basing your strategy for survival for the rest of your life on stealth and evasion is foolish - you'll slip up eventually and won't be free to do the things you need to do to ensure your long-term survival.

Anyway, what's your strategy out of curiosity?
    I'd like to point out that some very brilliant men have died in the past. The zombies could eventually get a leader. (Perhaps one of the living has betrayed us.) I would not plan my strategy around the zombies being stupid forever. Even without intelligence, they could eventually gain the tools to get to your small island.

I will confess that the zombie invasion plan is a variant of my alien invasion plan. It's essentially your plan, but with my objections and emphasis on stealth. You'll probably need to be sure to kidnap a scientist as well for designing the anti-zombie weapon. You can only put off annihilating the zombies for so long. They will eventually need to be killed.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    Your plans for the Zombie Holocaust
    I've always heard of it called the "Zombie Apocalypse" myself. I suppose it's that old East Coast/West Coast thang yo! While each culture has a slightly different take on how zombies will destroy the earth we can all agree that it is a song that sings in the core of every human heart.

My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would remember somewhere in my zombie mind all of the plans posted here and proceed to eat the hell out of all of those who pitifully try to survive.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'll stay inside. Watch everyone die and eat potato chips. Yummy. Come outside again when the zombies finally starved to death. Then burn all the dead zombiebodies and throw a party for all the survivors (that would be me, me and, what a surpirse, ME!!!). Yay. Also: order a gun from eBay while being stuck inside. might be usefull when all the zombies seem to be dead. There always might be just one on the lose, ready to kill me. Don't worry, I'm faster. After that: eat as much as possible, get terribly fat, doesn't matter, no one will notice, because I'm the only one who's still alive.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm gonna call up all these shady kids I know with guns and go steal a fortress.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Watch the zoombies get all Thriller on people and then when they have us all mesmerized from watching them dance they eat our brains.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Man, there's nowhere near enough room to detail my plans for what I'll do when that finally happens. Even in bullet-points it would take hours. A few pointers though?
    Good to know i'm not the only one planning for this, my recurring zombie apocalypse nightmares for the last 16 years have served pretty well as prep.

1. Need to move fast (while zombie numbers are minimal) but not too fast. It's a fine line. If you move too slow you'll never make it out of town. If you move to fast, you could get jailed for looting by the cops and the inside of a cell is the last place you want to be when the zombies come. Mobility is one of your primary advantages over zombies.
    Strategic planning is the key, as soon as there is some kind of report of 'mystery illness' start the weapons and stock planning, buy up all you can, before the looting begins.

2. Arm yourself. May be a very tricky step if you live in a country like Australia where guns are hard to access. Shotguns your best bet for this stage of the program. Crossbows further down the track (way further if nobody is initially confident shooting one) -> silent and bolts can be reused.
    true, very tricky here in Australia, surprisingly enough easier to get crossbows and compound bows than guns, unless you live in the country or a semi-rural area and have shotty's a plenty. THEN the hard part is ammunition. Luckily i've just taken up archery and have a nice cache going, also my parents live in a semi rural area and have access to guns. Check!

3. Gather people. Loved ones first, if you live close enough. Ideally you'd find a doctor, mechanic and electrician as well, but the chances of finding them randomly aren't great, and doctors are going to be busy getting chomped by the newly-turned in hospitals. You could try kidnapping one if you live in a smallish town, but it'll probably be more trouble than it's worth with the need to subdue them and then guard them constantly against escape. You won't want any distractions with zombies on the loose. You'll get opportunities to collect children and flaky pretty ladies, and it's your call really but they will inevitably critically compromise your safety as a group through random stupidity about 60 mins into the movie. Casualties will ensue.
    Use persuasion to win over the people needed, the rational idea of having a group for protection would surely win out. I'm against collecting children before secure areas are created as they can be liability, then again you kind of need them for the 'future of mankind' etc, etc. Thankfully my loved ones consist of a Nurse, Mechanic, Electrician and a Graphic designer. Not entirely sure how the graphic designer will help, but he's pretty level headed.

4. Gather supplies, preferably while gathering people. Weapons, ammunition, medical, nonperishable foodstuffs, batteries, radio, some camping supplies (eg water filter/purifier, fishing gear) etc. Don't get greedy, you can always find more later. As long as you have access to potable water you can survive a surprisingly long time without food. If you live in a biggish city you might want to skip this step altogether. Raiding supplies from small, isolated rural towns would probably be a better bet for you, assuming they aren't being guarded by paranoid, trigger-happy locals.
    Hence the gathering stock at the first mention of a mystery 'illness' is the safest bet, medical supplies stores and then army barracks seem a good logical place for the stock of weapons and non perishables, trigger happy army people COULD be tricky though...

5. Get the funk out of town, especially if you live in a big city. How you do this depends on where you live. By boat is ideal. Zombies can't swim.
    Can they walk under water though? and what are the troubles of landing a boat to an island with an unknown zombie population?

6. Hole up somewhere. In choosing location, balance defensibility against escapability. A lighthouse eg is very defensible but not very escapable. Fine for a few weeks, but after that you're screwed.

Good candidates: small islands (best long-term prospect), prison complexes (defensible but could be a lot of surviving crims or a lot of dead bodies to deal with)

Average candidate: relatively empty cruise ships (if you can find em, they've probably put out to sea in panic, but too late to maintain effective quarantine), large cargo ship probably a safer bet. Not as loaded with goodies, but less likely to be loaded with zombies, and easier to clear out.

Overrated candidate: shopping malls

Ability to communicate with outside world highly desirable. Don't know much about that. Short-wave radio transmitter or some such. Will need as many people as possible for stage 7. Monitor radio at all times.
    I haven't worked out the communications thing, but growing up in the country i know we all used CB radios to communicate, that kind of relys on others using them as well though...
    As for location i though heading towards (as i am in Australia) Alice Springs would be a good bet, it's isolated and there is an abundance of natural food supplies if you head towards the Kimberly/Kakadu regions. Also i think the desert would also be of assistance to killing off zombies naturally, they are just dead flesh after all and what better way to speed up the decomposition process than being in a desert with almighty heat, as long as the water supply is maintained i think a desert/semi-arid region would be a good choice. It's also a long way for zombies to travel out there...

7. Rebuild. You can probably make a start on this relatively early if you made it to an island. Extent of rebuilding dependent on whether it was a containable zombie outbreak or an apocalyptic one. Plan initially for short- to medium-term sustainability.
    Exactly!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Strategic planning is the key, as soon as there is some kind of report of 'mystery illness' start the weapons and stock planning, buy up all you can, before the looting begins.
    Excellent point. No worries about emptying your bank accounts and throwing money around when the zombies are in town.

Use persuasion to win over the people needed, the rational idea of having a group for protection would surely win out. I'm against collecting children before secure areas are created as they can be liability, then again you kind of need them for the 'future of mankind' etc, etc. Thankfully my loved ones consist of a Nurse, Mechanic, Electrician and a Graphic designer. Not entirely sure how the graphic designer will help, but he's pretty level headed.
    That's a good core group you have right there. Graphic designer can make the "We went this-a-way" signs to marshal survivors.

Can they walk under water though? and what are the troubles of landing a boat to an island with an unknown zombie population?
    I'm assuming they can walk under water, but I'm also assuming they wouldn't unless they had a good reason to (ie sighting a target). Walking underwater would be a slow process though - a boat or even a swimmer could easily outdistance them.

As for landing the boat on an island with an unknown zombie population, it could definitely be tricky. What I'd do is sit off the shore and make noise, hopefully drawing zombies out so I could gauge their numbers and cull them a bit. This would save you from the overwhelming zombie-rush which accounted for the idiotic survivors of "Dawn of the Dead". If numbers are judged too great to manage, you can always just sail away. The good thing about an island is that zombie numbers won't replenish themselves, which means once you've cleared the island it'll hopefully stay cleared. So even if zombie numbers were initially too great to make the island a viable sanctuary, you can always make it a bit of a long-term project and come back several times to clear more zombies until it is viable.

As for location i though heading towards (as i am in Australia) Alice Springs would be a good bet, it's isolated and there is an abundance of natural food supplies if you head towards the Kimberly/Kakadu regions. Also i think the desert would also be of assistance to killing off zombies naturally, they are just dead flesh after all and what better way to speed up the decomposition process than being in a desert with almighty heat, as long as the water supply is maintained i think a desert/semi-arid region would be a good choice. It's also a long way for zombies to travel out there...
    Yeah, the desert would make a good natural "barrier", but on the other hand the lack of surface water is very risky. Also not much chance of living off the land. Way out in the desert might be good for a short-term sanctuary if you're hoping a solution will be found at government level for the outbreak. Assuming you have access to supplies and plenty of water it could be a medium-term sanctuary, even. I'd steer clear of the Alice though. It's not a huge town, but 27k zombies are a lot to deal with for what couldn't amount to a long-term place of habitation (terrible place for agriculture).