User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp

Awesome. I'm not the only nutcase that sits downs worrying and making rough plans for when this might happen.

Really my plans are basic.

Get out to the country side by stealing someones car, break into a shooting range along the way and steal the weapons. Rob a few stores along the way for supplies, find somewhere to hole up and fortify the hell out of.

Umm, maybe steal a man along the way too since a womans got needs and all.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    While your plan does work for a zombie containment, I don't feel it is adequate for a zombie apocalypse scenario. You've completely forgotten the zombie's perspective in this. What if they want you dead/converted/whatever? Even if you can get to an island or a boat, you'll need to plan for stealth. After the zombie's take over the world, there's a chance they may try to stomp out all pockets of resistance. While they may not be intelligent, they will eventually acquire a means to reach you. You need a plan to avoid detection for the rest of your life. Once you've reached your last stronghold, the priority is on the zombies not searching for/finding you rather than being able to defend said stronghold in the event of attack. Due to the massive holocaust that should initially ensue during the first wave of the invasion, the chances of the zombie's keeping track of who they killed is unlikely. You should be able to slip through the cracks. As far as the zombies know, you don't exist. Once they know you exist, you're screwed. Your hiding place should look like the rest of the planet: completely free of non-zombie lifeforms. If you've been successful in forming a colony of survivors, you'll either need to defeat the zombies or make them think your colony doesn't exist. You should be prepared to take either option.

Apologies for my wall of text.
    What? What are you talking about? You're making no sense whatsoever. Zombies don't plan. They have no perspective other than to wonder around aimlessly, attacking any non-zombie humans they happen to encounter. If zombies do indeed take over the world on a grand scale then a small island is the best place to be - inaccessible to zombies, allowing you to move freely doing necessary things like farming, fishing, building etc. The only conceivable worry would be that zombies could possibly walk along the bottom of the ocean to get to your island if you were foolish enough to pick one very close to land. Otherwise it's a natural fortress.

Honestly, it's like you're not even talking about zombies. Maybe alien body-snatchers or commies or vampires or something. Basing your strategy for survival for the rest of your life on stealth and evasion is foolish - you'll slip up eventually and won't be free to do the things you need to do to ensure your long-term survival.

Anyway, what's your strategy out of curiosity?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    If you're going to predominately be a leech, it's best you be prepared to offer a service to whatever band of survivors you've been lucky enough to join. Survivor society is likely to be harsh. If you're not worth the expense, you're zombie food.
    You have to think long-term here. Any band of survivors would take her in if only for breeding purposes. Who will take care of you in the harsh new world when you're old if not your children? Plus, the species will need as much genetic diversity as possible if it's to rebuild.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    You have to think long-term here. Any band of survivors would take her in if only for breeding purposes. Who will take care of you in the harsh new world when you're old if not your children? Plus, the species will need as much genetic diversity as possible if it's to rebuild.
    Well obviously. But people will need to contribute to the survival of the colony. You can't just open your legs a lot and expect....

Maybe you can!

MBTI
    ESFJ

OK

Although dawn of the dead (original) scared the shit out of me.
    I would rob a very duty 4x4, fill the tank and preferably get to a gun store (rather hard in the UK). I would go to a sports shop and get kitted out, no one is going to be biting me. Get food and water then get myself a helicopter and find a deserted island. My kids have practice with the 360 and those zombie shoot them up games so hopefully they will be able to put a few bullets in their heads. I wouldn't stress though. Chances are i won't make it out alive but i would rather blow out my own brains than become a zombie.

.. This is so cool.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I would first rescue a cute and interesting girl somewhere, then go someplace safe where they can't find us and protect her for the remainder of our lives.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I would first rescue a cute and interesting girl somewhere, then go someplace safe where they can't find us and protect her for the remainder of our lives.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
    Awwwww.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

*sits back and eats some popcorn*

With all you guys planning your shit, I'm just going to sit back and watch the show.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Awwwww.
    You're not that far away.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You're not that far away.
    OK, i do have 2 kids in toe but they are little men now
    If that's not a problem, when those zombies come, i'll be waiting for you.
    Just come and find me as i'll be having some fun with some big guns ..
    (oh shit, reality check, Sarah, its not real)