User Tag List

12 Last

Default Where do I stick this?

So I have a very serious problem that I need the advice of some strong Js to solve.

As a strong P I have no sense of structure or organization. So I am not sure certain things "belong". As a result I end up with piles of things around the house or shoved in drawers as I look at them and go WTF does thing go? I dunno... junk drawer sounds good. Soon all the drawers are junk drawers.

So I thought I would get your opinions about where you would stick these items.

Here is my list but other Ps feel free to contribute your own lists of randown crap you dont know where to stick.

Items:
    1) safety plugs for wall outlets
    2) scarfs
    3) two foot tall metallic fiber optic christmas tree
    4) deflated metallic shiny ballons
    5) marbles
    6) rocks that have sentimental value
    7) carrots made with construction paper that have cute little plastic straw arms (is there a time limit for keeping kid's crafts, when can I guilt free throw them away?)
    8) half melted candles
    9) trash bag ties

Thanks, Once I get stared here I will come back with more items...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Moved from Sexuality & Mature forum.

(Although I appreciated the humor in the title of the post in light of its original home -- the thoughts of where to put christmas trees and carrots sort of left the mind boggled.)

ps. I have the same issues. My house tends to be a mess because I can't categorize a lot of stuff efficiently, especially if it's a unique item.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have the same problem but!! i think i know the answer...container store...get a tupperwear thing for kids crafts...once it's full either store it in the attic or get rid of some...plastic lil house things...tacks...cord covers all that stuff put into a box in the garage..christmas tree in the attic or garage...balloons in party supply box..put all left over stuff in there store it with you left over wrapping paper and tissue and gift bags, ribbon etc...scarves in a basket in your closet...trash bag ties in a zip lock in a drawer in your kitchen...marbles in a vase with flowers...ditto rocks...or in an orchid pot or something...or find some other way to use them as decoration...oh and candles...have a dedicated candle cabinet...burn one completely then toss it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    xxxx

My list of random crap I have no idea where to stick:

1) Out-of-tune classical guitar with a string missing
    2) 2 ft. diameter globe
    3) Numerous decks of cards everyone buys me as souvenirs because they can't think of anything better to get me
    4) Green laundry basket
    5) Backup wireless keyboard (you never know when your keyboard could fail)
    6) Wooden model of the front half of the Titanic (Don't ask me if I have the back half.)
    7) Self-made clay model of an alligator
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Lots of stuff that floats around, once in awhile, could be like months to a year I get around to chuck out what seems pointless to keep and tidy up. A special day set aside for neatness, cos there ain't no other.

Has lots of spare computer parts all over, technically its all my brothers but its at my place, five broken computer power packs, a partially working laptop or two, miscellaneous cables etc.

I have a toy crab that sits on my monitor
    A Jive Bunny song without a gramophone

I guess if it's pointless to keep, ebay or bin or make a storage shed.

Phantonym

Ok. This isn't exactly helping. Buuuuuuuuuut...crap rightfully belongs to where it's supposed to - the trash...

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    I would do this with the following items.. I love this thread. hahaha

Items:
    1) safety plugs for wall outlets - on the wall outlets, if they all have a wall outlet then hand them off to friends or in the trash they go.
    2) scarfs - one hanger with each one hung on opposite ends, place the hanger at the back where you cannot see it. lol
    3) two foot tall metallic fiber optic christmas tree - an attic and fast, until that time of year comes again.
    4) deflated metallic shiny ballons - find a cute kid in public and pass them out at random. Watching their eyes shine up and look at you with wonder is a fantastic thing.
    5) marbles - same as the balloons, but you might need to ask their mom first especially if they are too young.
    6) rocks that have sentimental value - one shelf only for display pick a nice spot away from kids hands and display them randomly evenly apart. An overhead light might be nice also in a dark room or corner somewhere.. Ooo I am loving it.
    7) carrots made with construction paper that have cute little plastic straw arms (is there a time limit for keeping kid's crafts, when can I guilt free throw them away?) Get a big plastic tupperware tub that can be slid under a bed or at the top of the closet shelf to keep these until you decide to either share them again with adult children or decide to toss them.
    8) half melted candles - in a drawer along with birthday candles in the kitchen.
    9) trash bag ties - get a wooden and cloth collapsible thingy like this but small they come in an assortment of canvas colors, choose one that matches your kitchen and keep it on the counter with in easy reach.

Thanks, Once I get stared here I will come back with more items...
    Let me know if this was useful, if it is I can help you sort other items.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have the same problem but!! i think i know the answer...container store...get a tupperwear thing for kids crafts...once it's full either store it in the attic or get rid of some...plastic lil house things...tacks...cord covers all that stuff put into a box in the garage..christmas tree in the attic or garage...balloons in party supply box..put all left over stuff in there store it with you left over wrapping paper and tissue and gift bags, ribbon etc...scarves in a basket in your closet...trash bag ties in a zip lock in a drawer in your kitchen...marbles in a vase with flowers...ditto rocks...or in an orchid pot or something...or find some other way to use them as decoration...oh and candles...have a dedicated candle cabinet...burn one completely then toss it.
    Great ideas also.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

If you don't know where to put it, throw it away!
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enneagram
    1w2

1) safety plugs for wall outlets
    You have small children right? Are these excess? If so, then maybe stick them in a lesser used outlets. Ask if anyone else wants them for their home. They're relatively cheap to buy so I'd just toss them.

2) scarfs
    Winter scarves get washed, folded and put on a closet shelf or a drawer until time to use them rolls around again. Accessory scarves are hung on a hanger in the closet.

3) two foot tall metallic fiber optic christmas tree
    I tend to keep the original boxes things like this come in and put them back in them. Stored under the stairs, garage, basement, attic, closet.

4) deflated metallic shiny ballons
    Trash

5) marbles
    Trash

6) rocks that have sentimental value
    My sentimental value to objects tends to be time-limited so after a few months they get trashed. Maybe you can get a box or something to keep small trinkets with sentimental value. But that may get full so you may have to decide which items have the greatest sentimental value, keep those, and trash the rest.

7) carrots made with construction paper that have cute little plastic straw arms (is there a time limit for keeping kid's crafts, when can I guilt free throw them away?)
    Keep it on the fridge or something for a couple of weeks then rotate out with the new batch.

8) half melted candles
    scented? use them. I'm paranoid the Apocalypse can happen at any minute so I keep stuff like this. Or more simply the lights could go out. I keep these.

9) trash bag ties
    Like ketchup and soy sauce packets I too have no clue what to do with these.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3