MBTI
    I

It's not too bad.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post

Not really. I've seen too many work bench areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    it bothers me. there is a serious lack of tools.

it is interesting, my house is a disaster zone of messy. but my tool shed is pretty well organized. it is sensory overload for some people, there are tools and projects everywhere, but it is organized, somewhat. when i need a tool i need it NOW!!!

here is a nice hobby bench:

Now that...THAT makes me want to run away.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As long as that's not mine, all is good.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This one is just wrong no matter whose it is! omg...I don't even know where to look.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Considering that it's a workbench and is likely to be in a garage or outside, no, it wouldn't bother me but it'd make me cringe if it were indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    here is a nice hobby bench:

You've got to be kidding?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Make my skin crawl no. BUT that bench would have to be in a corner in the basement where i don't need to see it.

Turn yourself into an INTP. That way, that bench could be anywhere, even the middle of your livingroom and you still won't see it unless you need to use something from it or use it itself. Then, after your usage, it will soon disappear again
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    There is a lot of empty room on that tool bench!
    Since we already know that tall red and white plastic cup has stuff in it like nuts and bolts and rubberbands and maybe a light switch in it, all that other space is for setting other stuff on in the future like a similar cup with actual coffee in it. i'll bet that spot in the closer left corner is a permanent temporary spot for coffee. If we could only see that bench 1 year later, we would probably see more plastic cups with more stuff in them. Why not put stuff in those recently introduced cups like the stuff that is in the original cup to organize better Those cups are usefull for that. They're like small organizing drors in a way. Not to mention, after the cups coffee is emptied, the cup, more than likely, will just set there. That's how that first plastic cup ended up there. So, that tells us that the relationship between that bench and it's user is fairly new. Or there would be less available space (with the exception of that permanent temporary coffee corner) and possibly more plastic cups with somewhat usefull small random items in them. i also found that even more stuff could be stacked on the stuff resting directly under the top of the bench, so long as it is flat and will balance well there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarfism View Post

This one is just wrong no matter whose it is! omg...I don't even know where to look.
    If you designed it, you would know where Have you ever had a few sensotard moments when searching for something in a "well" organized bench?

To the posters of those two bench pics: i'm kinda touched. Thanks. A little chocked up kinda, ya know?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You are all thinking far too low-key with your tiny little sweet work benches

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i would also like to add....both a bench such as these and a so called "well organized bench" will have its operator a bit anxious when an intruder is moving stuff around. So what's the difference anyway? It's all there, just in a different order

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Tool areas are almost always messy. They don't stay clean for long. It's in their nature. So why worry about it?
    As long as you can find everything, there's no problem, imho.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!