User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    But wouldn't you eventually have your fill of that? Imagine having worn something artistic and beautiful for 845,563 days straight? For that matter, imagine having bought every piece of art or jewelry or real estate or collectible or person you could ever want. When would it all start looking alike?
    well yeah...just when i felt like it you're right. i don't feel like it daily...sometimes i just want jeans and a tank top...some days i don't even feel like getting dressed...but...when i want to it would be fun to yeah.

oh...and it would never start looking alike...my taste is extremely varried...and wait...or person? huh? real estate? didn't mean all that...just mean i sometimes see an amazing jacket that's really expensive so i'd never buy it...but think it would be fun if i didn't have to worry about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I told myself I would not buy anymore clothing until the fall. Maybe I should extend that until the end of the year.

MBTI
    INTx

I used to hate shopping for clothes and spent the absolute minimum time possible in replacing anything that got worn down. Anything plain and comfortable was good. Earth tones were easy to match.

Lately I've taken more to it though. I won't say that I enjoy shopping, but I'm exploring, ah, bolder outfits and colors that add a little spice to the morning routine.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I went through that whole phase you just described. I went in and out of what I thought about clothing.

Now, clothing fits the purpose I intend for it to.. (usually) I dress like a cartoon character, opting for the same outfit day in and out based on its comfort and functionality almost every day.

Beyond that, it's all about me now. I don't so much worry about what others want, but I do take into consideration that I do like to express myself through my clothing because.. let's face it, it's easy to express yourself that way. It's a way of showing off your own colors and pride without infringing onto other people's personal spaces with loud music, etc. When I want to look hot, I dress for that occasion. and when I am in mourning, I dress for it.

I cheer myself up for shopping for clothing by catching things on sale. I can't feel miserable shopping for clothing if I just bought a badass t-shirt for 5 dollars, or found a pair of dress pants for 6.99 on clearance that actually fit me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have to add - I went for a job interview yesterday and as i have lost so much weight, nothing in my wardrobe fits. Last week i went clothes shopping so hopefully i could look smart for yesterday.
    Being practical, i won't spend a fortune on clothes, if i can buy a pair of black trousers for 8 then why look at some for 25.
    Anyway i was given some vouchers but obviously could only use them in particular shops. Top Shop, Miss Selfridges and Dorothy Perkins. OMG.
    I never shop in these places anyway, but i was so intimidated. I asked one store clerk where i could find some smart interview clothes and she told me that smart is not in fashion now but i could maybe try ......, They were awful clothes so i just walked away. I ended up in Dorothy Perkins as the clothes looked more conservative, i actually tried them on and looked hot to trot.
    I caught a glimpse of my reflection as i was walking to the building yesterday and i was so impressed with myself. I actually felt good and looked good (even in my M&S heels). I spent 59 in total, Bloody hell.

So now i am debating with myself, do you feel better (and look better) if you have spent more on clothes as opposed to cheap and cheerful?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Clothing is purely a functional thing to me. I really don't understand why people buy loads of clothing constantly. I express myself with my ideas that I get... not with what I wear. It's a waste of money to get tons of clothing in my opinion...

Clothing looks a lot better on my bedroom floor anyways.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

For girls though, it's like, damn she's getting better at this

MBTI
    infp

I like the idea of nice clothes, a well put together outfit that matches, but translating that idea into reality never really works out on my end lol. I feel like there is always some quirk that is "off" with the look I am trying to achieve.

I don't like shopping though, because there is this bizarre cosmic law that states "if you see something you like when you are broke, it will be gone when you go back" and of course "whatever outfit you are after from your idea, just isn't out there". This cosmic law is true, I swear.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    When it comes to clothes, i wish i was a man. T-shirt, jeans, smart shoes or trainers. Perfect.
    Haha yeah, it is pretty awesome to be able to wear this stuff. I usually end up wearing it to work, too.

Right now, I'm into bright and flashy Hawaiian clothing. It's seasonal. And also I'm drawing a bit of attention to myself.

I'm fully aware of what my clothing style says about me, and it crosses my mind every time I pick something out. Every so often I'll dress up for some social event or a meeting, but I stray away from those sorts of events. Quite often, it's just jeans and a T-shirt.

I think I need to start going for slightly tighter clothing, though.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I have to add - I went for a job interview yesterday and as i have lost so much weight, nothing in my wardrobe fits. Last week i went clothes shopping so hopefully i could look smart for yesterday.
    Being practical, i won't spend a fortune on clothes, if i can buy a pair of black trousers for 8 then why look at some for 25.
    Anyway i was given some vouchers but obviously could only use them in particular shops. Top Shop, Miss Selfridges and Dorothy Perkins. OMG.
    I never shop in these places anyway, but i was so intimidated. I asked one store clerk where i could find some smart interview clothes and she told me that smart is not in fashion now but i could maybe try ......, They were awful clothes so i just walked away. I ended up in Dorothy Perkins as the clothes looked more conservative, i actually tried them on and looked hot to trot.
    I caught a glimpse of my reflection as i was walking to the building yesterday and i was so impressed with myself. I actually felt good and looked good (even in my M&S heels). I spent 59 in total, Bloody hell.

So now i am debating with myself, do you feel better (and look better) if you have spent more on clothes as opposed to cheap and cheerful?
    Pics, please?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf