User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Ahhh, shopping for clothes. I don't like doing this with other people, because then I feel as if all my choices or curiosities are being judged and scrutinized, but I adore clothes shopping. Oh my goodness, I love putting together something cute and simple, and even though some days I just lounge about in a T-shirt and jeans, I still feel awesome. Lately I've been really into shoes, though, like anything from flats to wedge peep toe heels. OMG, clearance shoe sales are just...love.

Used to be like the OP in the sense that I thought "oh who cares what I'm wearing, that's shallow, I'm still me." But it's astonishing how much one's self esteem goes up when you can look in the mirror and say, "damn, I look cute!" I also adore earrings, as they don't get in the way like bracelets and necklaces can. But depending on my mood, I can totally utilize my love of clothes to a full extent. If I'm tired, then eh, less effort. I AM a P, after all.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Clothes do reflect a lot about what we believe about ourselves and about who we are.
    I definitely agree; if you take the time to look good for yourself, than you know and bond with yourself even more. I don't know if that made sense, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I like shopping for clothing online just fine, but I hate going to clothing stores and dealing with crowds
    Oh god, I hate dealing with crowds too. Especially at shoe stores, when the employee just stands there with the box while you put the shoes on, and then you have to walk around to see if the shoes fit, and they're watching you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I have my own style and I've already imagined how I want to look before going for clothes shopping. I always have a plan as to what I want, what kind of things I look for.
    I do the exact same thing now; it's too overwhelming for me, just wandering around all those racks with no real goal in mind. Searching for a specific piece of clothing is like an... adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    But i don't look like a lady then, why would a man want to date someone who dresses like a man? lol.
    Because that man likes you! I don't think most people are that shallow, and if they are then they're not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Lately I've been trying to explore what I would like as clothing choices but I'm still being hampered by having four kids under 11.
    I actually just found this site today, it helps you create your own outfits. I think it cuts down a lot of time; maybe it'll help
    Discover Fashion Trends, Fashion News & Fashion Advice | Closet Couture

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'd prefer if I had more options that fit me. I always feel a bit inhibited in my self-expression by having only a few options that work towards the image I want to convey. This may change in the future, though.
    I've felt the same way as well; most shops don't really fit my style, but I've managed to narrow down a few that I really like. Maybe you could try Target, Ross or Marshalls, they have a lot of selections. Or you could shop online and browse different stores to see what they've got in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Used to be like the OP in the sense that I thought "oh who cares what I'm wearing, that's shallow, I'm still me." But it's astonishing how much one's self esteem goes up when you can look in the mirror and say, "damn, I look cute!"
    I know! It's been a real guilty pleasure for me. But I need to remind myself over and over again that I'm dressing solely for me and not for anyone else's approval... gotta block out that "is this shallow?" mantra still infiltrating my mind.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love going to thrift stores and finding really interesting clothes that you would never see at the mall or other stores.

You can come across wonderful things from decades past. I like to buy clothing that is almost costume like or arrange outfits that have personality and flair and seem to have a story behind them or tell a story.

I love hats too! I wear hats and gloves and love shopping for them.

I almost always look like I am from another era or look like I walked off a period movie set or just plain freak,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Right now, I dress pretty plainly and it's okay with me, but I've always wanted to create my own wardrobe from scratch. Just buying things isn't very much fun for me. I plan on hiring a brilliant and original clothing designer who hasn't been successful yet. We'll create amazing stuff together, have fun, I'll boost her career, and we'll probably have a little fling, too.

I like to customize things - but I'm also very practical. I'd like to design and build my own house (with the help of a real architect), but until I have the money to do that, I'm not going to worry about my current dwelling. It's a stepping stone. A perfectly good one. And that's how I feel about my current clothes. If I'm going to do it my way, I'll have to really do it. If I tried to design my own clothes now, they would be worse than just wearing normal clothes that I could buy at a store.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I love going to thrift stores and finding really interesting clothes that you would never see at the mall or other stores.

You can come across wonderful things from decades past. I like to buy clothing that is almost costume like or arrange outfits that have personality and flair and seem to have a story behind them or tell a story.

I love hats too! I wear hats and gloves and love shopping for them.

I almost always look like I am from another era or look like I walked off a period movie set or just plain freak,lol.
    I've never shopped at a thrift store, but I've been really, really wanting to lately. It seems like a ton more fun because you never know what cheap, awesome clothing you're going to discover.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

I am not a fan of cloths and buying of cloths.

But you probably already knew that.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I hate clothing in general. This is why I like having my ESTJ pick things out or take me shopping. Removes all the stress and she really likes it so I can't lose. My only criteria is that things are good fit. I see some guys with skinny jeans and tight shirts and such and I don't know how they don't freak out.

I don't like wearing clothing in general. Whenever I get home from work, I immediately take everything off, and just put on a comfy T-shirt and stick to boxers, much to the dismay of other people in the house.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I hate shopping for clothes. I hate wearing clothes. I hate talking about clothes. I've thought about wearing a burlap sack, but too scratchy. My friend wears nothing but black clothing, and if she hadn't thought of it first, maybe I'd have given that a try. Maybe when I have more money and time I will have fun with clothes. I dunno.

I wish I could be naked all the time. But then I could never cook spaghetti sauce. Or bacon.
    lol, yeah i kind of feel the way you do.

i'm definitely not a clothes horse. i think most fashion is ridiculous despite what anna wintour might think.

comfortable clothing for the win! the only thing i am particular about is a nice fitting bra and i love my chicken cutlets!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I love clothes with eye grabbing designs and intricate patterns and art, but I can't afford them, I just look through the range frequently and dream...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I like wearing clothes that look nice and feeling that I've put together an outfit that looks very...well...put together.

However, I definitely dislike the activity of shopping. I don't like spending the money, and that's a major part of it. The other thing that makes me dislike it is that so much of it ends up being wasted time. I have to try on ten things before I find something that I like. Shopping trips wear me out like NOTHING else. But once I'm back at home with purchases that were within my budget and that I'm confident look good on me, I'm very happy to have them.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg