User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Gay men wouldn't mind a thing like this at all

What is your idea of a lady then? A lady is a lady when she feels like a lady, no matter what she wears. She can make it work. It's more than just the looks.

Clothes that are comfortable to wear but still fit and look and make you feel lady-like can be found. T-shirts, jeans and smart shoes for men and women don't come from the same factory line
    Thanks.

Yes i know a gay friend who has told me if he was straight he would do me. Great, but he isn't straight. . Typical.

I suppose my idea of a lady is someone who wears heels, above the knee skirt, cleavage showing top, make-up etc.

I am none of the above. Lol.

I don't see myself as a lady. I am too masculine, i think i was hit with to much testosterone in the womb. Hehehe.
    I don't now, i am sure it will come in time. Fingers crossed.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I suppose my idea of a lady is someone who wears heels, above the knee skirt, cleavage showing top, make-up etc.

I am none of the above. Lol.

I don't see myself as a lady. I am too masculine, i think i was hit with to much testosterone in the womb. Hehehe.
    I guess the trick is to master the skill of looking fabulous while trying to match simple and comfortable things to wear without stressing about it. It is also very much about confidence in your self and being comfortable with yourself.

Don't worry about it, saslou! I'm still trying to figure it out myself and it is possibe that I never will. But yes, fingers crossed, and keep trying!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've felt the exact way the OP has. I've always felt somewhat drawn to eclectic feel [probably because my best friend in high school was 'punk' (anyone remember that?)] I've had a lot of adult years where I want my children to look nice and feel good about their clothes but haven't put a lot into my clothes. I wouldn't mind having the money/time to worry about my clothes but I just don't. And often times what is in "style" just seems a bit boring to me.

Lately I've been trying to explore what I would like as clothing choices but I'm still being hampered by having four kids under 11.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer the question. Clothing for me would be about achieving the desired reaction from other people. If the clothing I'm wearing conveys the tone I'm attempting to convey, I'd say it's successful. Or it can be a form of costume ... to help me to fit a role. Other than that, I'm neutral.
    Yeah, I buy and pick my clothes primarily based on what reaction it will bring forth in others as well. I used to buy my clothes for comfort and I'd just blend in, but I try to actually stand out now.

I can't see any restrictions why women can't wear all of those. All the time, if they wish. I don't feel nor do I look like any less of a woman if I love wearing T-shirts, jeans and sneakers all the time. The key word is "accessories"! If it's comfort you're seeking but still want to feel and look hot, you can mix the simple things with über bling.
    It's what I do as well (as a guy). I've got an fairly original looking watch on one wrist, Rolling Stones sweatband on the the other (until my GF took possession of it) and I usually wear a simple t-shirt with an outstanding print or text.

But i don't look like a lady then, why would a man want to date someone who dresses like a man? lol. I don't understand bling, i have brought bracelets in the past but they move and are annoying. I have dainty necklaces but they are more girly so i can't wear them when looking casual.
    Its funny, i can dress a bloke up and he can look super sexy even when casual. I just can't do it for myself.
    Have someone else dress you when you go clothes shopping. Only buy something when both of you agree it works, you will only pick it if it's comfortable, and the other person can tell you if it looks good. Clothes shopping takes some more time this way, but if you go with someone you like you can have a coffee and spend a great day together.

It won't come if you don't look for it.

I love self-expressional clothes. I don't own any though, my environment is not worth it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    So, do you like shopping for clothes? What's your opinion of people who take their time picking out outfits? Are you happy with the way you dress? And etc. etc.
    I'm not terribly excited about clothes shopping when I have to go, but I don't loathe it as much as I used to. I see a few more things now that appeal to me than they did before. The trouble is finding something I like that fits, and I don't always have the patience for that. I realized just the last time I went, how cunning you have to be to get nice-looking clothes that don't cost you tons of money. There's a lot of juggling and hunting for sales and coupons...it amazes me how much pre-planning might be involved.

Good for them. I like it when people wear stuff that makes sense for them and looks good, which can be anything from anywhere.

Mostly, yes. Sometimes, no. Sometimes I want to dress "sharper" (wear more blouses), but the trouble is nice clothes like that are kind of uncomfortable and I don't want to get them all sweaty in the summer or dirty in the winter. But I'm cracking down and slowly choosing more stylish things the few times I do actually go shopping.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

So, do you like shopping for clothes?
    I love shopping for clothes. I think it is especially important to dress well at the office.

What's your opinion of people who take their time picking out outfits?
    It depends on how they do it. If they are taking their time because they are thinking, then it is cool. If they are taking their time because they really don't know what they want and are shallow in their view about clothes, then it would piss me off. You can usually tell the difference between the two.

Are you happy with the way you dress? And etc. etc.
    I think I'm happy with the way I dress. Nothing flashy but suits me. I would never wear something just because it is in style. I love accessories as well. They can completely change the look of an outfit.

I also realized in the past few years that knowing how to dress well and having good taste can be considered a gift. There are some unfortunate people who try really hard to either decorate themselves (or their homes) but end up making a mess. :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    However, once I started thinking of clothing as a form of art and self-expression, all those thoughts disappeared. Now, shopping is actually fun for me. I've started thinking, whoa, I'm wearing art. And just because you want to look good for yourself on the outside doesn't mean your insides are shoved aside, y'know?...And I've found that I've become a ton more accepting of others when I'm happy and comfortable with myself, inside and out.

I see clothing as a form of creative expression. It allows a person to add their personal touch and helps convey to the world the person within. It is also a great way to get in touch with the "skin your in."

So, do you like shopping for clothes? What's your opinion of people who take their time picking out outfits? Are you happy with the way you dress?
    I like finding great items and trying them on, but the process of shopping can be tiring. Especially when you spend the whole day shopping like I do.

Nothing wrong with taking your time. I am sometimes indecisive when choosing outfits. I need to be sure that everything is solid.

Yes, I'm happy with my dressing.

I have my own style and I've already imagined how I want to look before going for clothes shopping.

I like to mix good quality classical garments with quirky accessories. I loooooooooooooooove scarves, crazy about them
    Ditto^2. I love scarves. They spice up any outfit.

The key word is "accessories"! If it's comfort you're seeking but still want to feel and look hot, you can mix the simple things with über bling.
    *high fives Sky*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love scarves. They spice up any outfit.
    Yes, I have a whole drawer full of scarves. For winter and summer.

MBTI
    intj

I can appreciate the aesthetics of clothing. In theory.

But I can never justify spending so much on them. Usually I just stick to what's comfortable and cheap.