failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    For a long, long time, I used to despise shopping and any form of fashion. To be honest, I perceived worrying about your clothing as materialistic and shallow. I thought that clothing shouldn't matter because people should judge each other based on their insides, not their outsides. I liked calling myself a "t-shirt and jeans" girl.

I've realized just how stupid and probably hypocritical that all sounds. Yeah, some people really are shallow and materialistic when it comes to clothing--like buying some expensive designer shirt because everyone else is wearing it and you want to look cool. And yeah, I'm sure tons of people judge each other based on what the other is wearing; that's inevitable, anyway.

However, once I started thinking of clothing as a form of art and self-expression, all those thoughts disappeared. Now, shopping is actually fun for me. I've started thinking, whoa, I'm wearing art. And just because you want to look good for yourself on the outside doesn't mean your insides are shoved aside, y'know? So yeah, I've realized that shopping makes me happy because I can dress however the hell I want without labeling myself as shallow or materialistic. And I've found that I've become a ton more accepting of others when I'm happy and comfortable with myself, inside and out.

Lol, this has been a great epiphany for me, seriously.

So, do you like shopping for clothes? What's your opinion of people who take their time picking out outfits? Are you happy with the way you dress? And etc. etc.

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, btw.)
    hmm. interesting thread. don't like shopping in any form whatsoever. and regarding shopping and time: everything in moderation. i like the way i dress, i guess. what i really like is when i have the time to modify a thrift store find or old piece of clothing into something funky. it's pretty easy, cheap, and enhances one's individuality. i especially like to make skirts and wear them over jeans, when i'm feeling spunky. it's really easy. or i embellish skirts, or make apron skirts. lately i've been feeling conservative, so i have mostly just been wearing jeans (from tjmaxx), but i love how i feel in something easy of my own creation. (that not everyone else is wearing).

lately my typical outfit is still: tank top with some sort of overtop (preferably sheer), and jeans or a flowey knee-length skirt. and sandals.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like shopping and i like dressing for whatever mood i find myself in...if i thought i could get away with it i'd wear full on couture or fancy costumy stuff just anytime i felt like it...i would be really happy if no one cared a bit what you wore because you should be able to wear what makes you happy without worrying about appropriateness...i don't like worrying about appropriateness.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Phantonym

I don't really like shopping for anything. But there's no escape from it
    I have my own style and I've already imagined how I want to look before going for clothes shopping. I always have a plan as to what I want, what kind of things I look for. I mean, if I'm looking for a blue shirt, I'm sure as hell going to find the one I like. If I happen to find something interesting along the way, that's cool too. But I don't like to just wander in a shop and start going through the racks. I have better things to do with my precious time.

I don't have anything against people who do shopping for a sport. That's their hobby and if they find pleasure in it, I'm all for it. As long as they're not looking down on me for not enjoying their sport, I'm happy for them

Of course I'm happy with how I dress I like to mix good quality classical garments with quirky accessories. I loooooooooooooooove scarves, crazy about them I like to keep it casual and comfortable without looking sloppy. I always go for my gut feeling when choosing clothes and matching them. As long as my clothes are clean and taken care of, I'll wear them.

MBTI
    ENTP

I like clothes. But, I like them to just appear in my closet and dresser. Washed and folded. I hate to shop. I would pay someone to shop for me.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Expensive.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFJ

NO.

It frustrates me so much when i go into a shop and buy a top (i don't try anything on) its a size 10 and fits perfectly, so i'll go back into the shop and buy another top. In the space of a day or two, the measurements of a size 10 top have changed and its now to big.

With trousers, i am currently a size 7, so 6 is to small and 8 is to big. So i give up. I am not going to waste my time stressing over clothes. Just make do with what i have.

When it comes to clothes, i wish i was a man. T-shirt, jeans, smart shoes or trainers. Perfect.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    When it comes to clothes, i wish i was a man. T-shirt, jeans, smart shoes or trainers. Perfect.
    I can't see any restrictions why women can't wear all of those. All the time, if they wish. I don't feel nor do I look like any less of a woman if I love wearing T-shirts, jeans and sneakers all the time. The key word is "accessories"! If it's comfort you're seeking but still want to feel and look hot, you can mix the simple things with ber bling.

MBTI
    enfp

For the vast majority of my life, i've been a total casual clothes kind of guy. i still wear 90's style... baggy jeans, white t, baggy hoodies, clean j-crew cut button ups, with wifebeater underneath... polo, armani, j-crew, etc...

now i notice the types of girls i been chasing are more modern clothes style...and one of them took me shopping, got some tighter fit jeans, those colored t-shirts with the design on it... some colored converse type shoes (some japanese brand, i forgot what its called) etc... and its crazy. like these girls love this style... crazyness. but im still not growing my hair long. hellz no

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I can't see any restrictions why women can't wear all of those. All the time, if they wish. I don't feel nor do I look like any less of a woman if I love wearing T-shirts, jeans and sneakers all the time. The key word is "accessories"! If it's comfort you're seeking but still want to feel and look hot, you can mix the simple things with ber bling.
    But i don't look like a lady then, why would a man want to date someone who dresses like a man? lol. I don't understand bling, i have brought bracelets in the past but they move and are annoying. I have dainty necklaces but they are more girly so i can't wear them when looking casual.
    Its funny, i can dress a bloke up and he can look super sexy even when casual. I just can't do it for myself.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    But i don't look like a lady then, why would a man want to date someone who dresses like a man?
    Gay men wouldn't mind a thing like this at all

What is your idea of a lady then? A lady is a lady when she feels like a lady, no matter what she wears. She can make it work. It's more than just the looks.

Clothes that are comfortable to wear but still fit and look and make you feel lady-like can be found. T-shirts, jeans and smart shoes for men and women don't come from the same factory line